Best Buy is reportedly selling the 8900 for $149.99 versus T-Mobile's $199.99 (probably). Is there any benefit of buying from Tmo rather than Best Buy? And, when's is this baby suppose to come out?!?!?!
    02-10-09 05:16 PM
    It's supposed to be released in like4-5 hours

If you're just opening a T-Mo account, look for the Freelancer's union thread and get 10% off your bill
    02-10-09 06:15 PM
    where ya get the Best Buy pricing?
    02-11-09 12:05 AM
    Best Buy will usually not make you apply for the rebate so you get the savings instantly
    02-11-09 12:08 AM
    Amazon has this phone for 50 after mail in rebate. It's 149-100 main in.

Check it out

on edit, I wanted to add new customers + service plan required for that price.
    02-11-09 07:57 AM
    The rep at my Tmobile told me that if I find a lower contract price within 30 days that they would match it.
    02-11-09 12:53 PM
    Has anyone been to BB today to verify the in store prices? There's nothing on bestbuy.com yet and I'm still a few hours from getting out of the office.

Does their $149 price also allow for the rebate or does that price somehow negate any rebates?
    02-11-09 02:57 PM
    I used to work there in mobile I just called my bud. He said 149 for new or add a line that what the price is without tax of course. BB doesn't do rebates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 03:30 PM
    I used to work there in mobile I just called my bud. He said 149 for new or add a line that what the price is without tax of course. BB doesn't do rebates.

Thanks for the info
    02-11-09 03:46 PM
    yes best buy is selling the phone for 149.99 and they also have another "insurance" that they offer besides the 5.99 with 110 deductible from Tmobile. and they dont work on commission so you dont have to worry about them tacking on extra features or anything
    02-17-09 10:10 PM
    I am still trying to see if $$$ will allow for an upgrade but getting it at Best Buy is looking like a good thing.. will def have to look into that... um is the 149 with a contract or can I go get 1 at that price and trade out my Sims card? or is that price only for upgrade?
    02-18-09 12:01 PM
    I am still trying to see if $$$ will allow for an upgrade but getting it at Best Buy is looking like a good thing.. will def have to look into that... um is the 149 with a contract or can I go get 1 at that price and trade out my Sims card? or is that price only for upgrade?
    Only for new customers or adding a new line which is considered new customer.

02-18-09 09:36 PM
    Only for new customers signing a 2 year contract or adding a new line which is considered new customer also for 2 years.

02-18-09 09:37 PM
    yes best buy is selling the phone for 149.99 and they also have another "insurance" that they offer besides the 5.99 with 110 deductible from Tmobile. and they dont work on commission so you dont have to worry about them tacking on extra features or anything
    Yep. I can't remember the exact price I know its less then 10.00. Pretty much they debit your card monthly and if after the 30 days your phone starts to go wrong (manufacturing defects, natural wear n tear, power surge, minor water damage) few other things can't remember. You'll get the phone replaced with no deductible. It doesn't include if its lost or stolen though which why I remember some people kinda strayed from it.

02-18-09 09:46 PM
    Its about a dollar more than the insurance Tmo offers. I've yet to get it, Jake at BB said that I can sign up whenever I want. So you don't have to sign up that day.

02-19-09 09:25 AM
    :'( I wish I was eligible for an upgrade!
    02-20-09 02:27 AM
    Best Buy is reportedly selling the 8900 for $149.99 versus T-Mobile's $199.99 (probably). Is there any benefit of buying from Tmo rather than Best Buy? And, when's is this baby suppose to come out?!?!?!

Yes, Best Buy mobile is selling the 8900 for $149.99. That price is only for new customers. Existing customers just wanting an upgrade would have to pay $249.99 through Best Buy. So T-Mobile would actually be cheaper at $199.99 after the mail in rebate. I spent quite bit of time on the phone with the CSR and apparently the pricing isn't set by T-Mobile or Best Buy but rather by an third participating company. All of this pricing info is so misleading and frustrating!
    02-20-09 04:02 AM
    So I went to Best Buy yesterday and the sales guy said they are not doing it for $149 and apparently they are dropping T-Mobile from their mobile department...anbyody else run into this, I'm a little annoyed...
    02-21-09 11:05 AM
    So I called around and apparently today is the last day to get it for $150, as of tomorrow, my store at least, will no longer have T-Mobile and will begin carrying AT&T. So, I recommend hopping on this now if you were holding on it.
    02-21-09 11:16 AM
    I'll add this to my never ending list of reasons to hate Best Buy.

But seriously sorry about your issues. Good luck finding an 8900, it's a sweet little berry.
    02-21-09 11:27 AM
    I called Best Buy here in Utah and they told me I wasn't qualified for an upgrade and they also told me if I want the 8900 I would have to pay $645.00 + tax so I called T-Mobile CS and got it for $406.00 by doing an up grade I wasn't about to fork over $600 + dollars for a BB I'll be getting my 8900 tomorrow 2/23 I hope it's as good as ppl say it is.

02-22-09 04:47 PM
    I called Best Buy here in Utah and they told me I wasn't qualified for an upgrade and they also told me if I want the 8900 I would have to pay $645.00 + tax so I called T-Mobile CS and got it for $406.00 by doing an up grade I wasn't about to fork over $600 + dollars for a BB I'll be getting my 8900 tomorrow 2/23 I hope it's as good as ppl say it is.

Seems like you only had partial upgrade. Best buy only does full 2 year upgrades which is why they suggested the full price to you. The tmobile gave you what looks like a partial 1 year upgrade to extend your contract for 2 more years.

02-23-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD