Before I get yelled at

I did do a search on the cb.com forums but couldn't find anything...

a friend of mine that works for Verizon, says that Sprint will most likely be going out of business soon. She said that cutting all of those employees that were recently cut is an example that they are losing business.

Can anybody confirm this or give any info on this?

Thanks!
    02-10-09 03:41 PM
    they are cutting people the same as thousands of other companies. Its the economy....
    02-10-09 03:59 PM
    They are leaning down the company trying to get it in line competitively. A lot of companies are doing this these days. They are trimming about 8 K workers worldwide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 04:00 PM
    Before I get yelled at ...a friend of mine that works for Verizon, says that Sprint will most likely be going out of business soon.
    No offense, I doubt your friend has a clue on much of anything. BTW, what is her job there?

claite
    02-10-09 04:04 PM
    They have been "goin out of business" for years now according to everyone online. Sprint will be around for awhile.

02-10-09 04:05 PM
    I agree. Sprint is going nowhere!

02-10-09 04:08 PM
    Bro You need to quit worrying - ATT is laying off 12K does anyone think those SOB's are going out of business.

Verizon will be soon follow even THE GREAT VERIZON wont escape this Recession/Near Depression...And they just took on Alltel, I'd say look for VZ to cut atleast 15K....

Sprint still sits on Plenty of Cash, Sprint's down but not OUT!
    02-10-09 04:11 PM
    they are cutting people the same as thousands of other companies. Its the economy....
    very true

No offense, I doubt your friend has a clue on much of anything. BTW, what is her job there?

claite
    I think she's a Marketing Manager or something like that lol
    02-10-09 04:26 PM
    Yeah, but being from VZW may be wishing for an Early Christmas, or suffering high-rate battery discharge syndrome. Can you *zzzzzz* hhhear me, now?

02-10-09 04:45 PM
    Here's one for ya. There's a post on BGR today that Verizon is getting ready to for some layoffs. Are they going out of business???
    02-10-09 05:15 PM

a friend of mine that works for Verizon, says that Sprint will most likely be going out of business soon.Thanks!
    Verizon wishes sprint would fold but wont happen..at least the way they want it to
    Sprint will get a simple name change to "Clearwire"
    Im thinking it will happen in next 12 months.
    02-10-09 05:33 PM
    Verizon wishes sprint would fold but wont happen..at least the way they want it to
    Sprint will get a simple name change to "Clearwire"
    Im thinking it will happen in next 12 months.
    very true. when I was with AT&T, she would find a way to bash them. When I'm with Sprint, she finds a way to bash them.
    02-10-09 06:20 PM
    Before I get yelled at

a friend of mine that works for Verizon, says that Sprint will most likely be going out of business soon. She said that cutting all of those employees that were recently cut is an example that they are losing business.

Thanks!
    I guess Target, Best Buy and other companies are going out of business too then? It's the economy. Sprint is gonna be here for a while, and people on the "net" will always state it to be going out of business.
    02-10-09 06:26 PM
    Before I get yelled at

Thanks!
    i guess nobody listened to your first sentence lol... Sprint DefenderS!!!!!!!! i think it would be cool if sprint and verizon merged imagine all that coverage. we would definitly crush GSM phones
    02-10-09 06:36 PM
    All I have to say is I have had (nextel) sprint for 6 years and the only issue I ever had was when I was semi-forced to move to sprint from nextel. Happy though, my curve works great and with the new 4.5 os I can finally mms. Customer svs may suck but sprint has good plans and coverage. Who else offers unlim everything for 100 bucks????

02-10-09 07:27 PM
    Update from BGR:

UPDATE: Here�s what we think happened after talking with some people in the know� it seems as if this is concerning employees associated with Circuit City (estimated at around 240). Since they are Verizon Wireless employees, Verizon is said to have tried and relocated as many of them as possible to other stores, etc. We�re told that the employees that were let go got severances packages including outplacement services to help them find other employment.
    02-10-09 08:16 PM
    People have been saying sprint is going out of business for i dont even know how long. Layoffs are all about the recession and declining economy and have nothing to do with them going out of business. Sprint has a pretty big line up of 2009 devices so i doubt they would be going out of business anytime soon. I also doubt Palm would have sealed a deal for the Pre with a company thats going out of business. Dont believe everything you hear, sprint will be around for a long time to come.
    02-10-09 08:22 PM
    Sprint may not be the best provider but they have the best plans and the best of all and you don't need to pay extra for blackberry data. Sprint is here to stay even if they cut employees and have the suckiest customer service, they are still good.
    02-10-09 08:46 PM
    Before I get yelled at

Thanks!
    I also heard the world is going to blow up in 2012...my friend that works as a garbage collector told me
    02-10-09 10:21 PM
    In my experience, If I pa my bill on time, I don't need customer service. Also, are the other carriers that good to justify paying $20,$30 or $40 more per month? I think not. I am not on a contract and I stay with Sprint because it is the least expensive all everything plan.
    02-11-09 12:02 AM
    ... I also doubt Palm would have sealed a deal for the Pre with a company thats going out of business. Dont believe everything you hear, sprint will be around for a long time to come.
    Palm will go out of business before Sprint. You heard it here.

claire
    02-11-09 12:16 AM
    Rumor has been flying for awhile now that Verizon will eventually buy Sprint out -- my dad has been hearing it for about a year now down in FL that Verizon is trying to come up with a way (meaning the money) to buy Sprint. One reason I went ahead and switched to Sprint (besides the fact that my husband was already on it) was that I wanted to lock in the SEP for $99.99 rather than waiting till the merger happened. Keep in mind, it would still take an extreme amount of time for Verizon to aquire Sprint, however, I'd rather lock in the low rate now, and not change my rate plan than to take the chance.

Also, rumor has been flying that Sprint wants to dump Nextel -- although I doubt it'll happen at this point -- not with Sprint putting the money into the hybrid devices and such.

Just my two cents...
    02-11-09 01:06 AM
    Rumor has been flying for awhile now that Verizon will eventually buy Sprint out -- my dad has been hearing it for about a year now down in FL that Verizon is trying to come up with a way (meaning the money) to buy Sprint. One reason I went ahead and switched to Sprint (besides the fact that my husband was already on it) was that I wanted to lock in the SEP for $99.99 rather than waiting till the merger happened. Keep in mind, it would still take an extreme amount of time for Verizon to aquire Sprint, however, I'd rather lock in the low rate now, and not change my rate plan than to take the chance.

Also, rumor has been flying that Sprint wants to dump Nextel -- although I doubt it'll happen at this point -- not with Sprint putting the money into the hybrid devices and such.

Just my two cents...
    wow thats complete bull....

You need to take a look at Sprint's book and stop spreading rumors

In fact, even though sprint is losing many customers, they still have a strong base of 50 million...which is a lot...att has around 65 million

Sprint also has a huge cashflow...everything they do...they're using cash...not credit

That is huge
    02-11-09 01:08 AM
    People are rude because people have great deals with sprint and are afraid to lose them if someone buys them out...yea they can keep their good deal till the contract expires, but then you'll be forced to go with the buying carriers plans

For example, all those with the mycircle with alltell will lose it when their contract expires since verizon bought them out

so when people are spreading false rumors...it ticks others off
    02-11-09 01:25 AM
    Some flolks are rude in general. There are those of us, however, that get a bit annoyed at the salacious attacks on the company that is taking care of us. Sprint PCS is gone, and the newer company is improving steadily.

02-11-09 01:31 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD