I use the storm for work and every day brings another problem. I am using the latest software from verizon..... no leaked versions since I use a Mac and can not upgrade the software unless it is OTA and I do not want to run windows on my mac.
    List of the latest issues within the last week.
    Battery would not charge until I pulled it again and rebooted
    Voice dialing would not recognize any names in contact list
    Voice dialing using bluetooth will stop sending audio to the headset or my voice to the contact.
    Phone will not update the contact list even though it is connected thru pocketmac unless I delete the files first (yes it is set to over ride the device during sync)
    Browser looses information we have on our website to enter orders, which never happens with my laptop.
    I have more issues but these are the most recent
    I would not recommend this unit to anyone and keep telling myself to wait for the next upgrade but it is getting old real quick especially doing a battery pull every day.
    Maybe Rim should build in a soft reset in their software and have it reset itself every night when I do not use the phone.
    Just needed to vent and if anyone has any ideas to better my experience please let me know but from what I read online this is an ongoing problem until the next update.
    02-10-09 07:24 AM
    I haveny met many people yet who were actually happy with their Storm... I think it was rushed to the market before it was fully developed.

Im glad I saved my money.
    02-10-09 07:48 AM
    Can you say BOLD ????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 08:02 AM
    Could you maybe use someone you know's computer that runs windows to install a better release? And then just delete the OS and DM from their computer?

IDK, I don't got a storm or anything. Just thought about this...

Good luck and sorry to hear about your problems.

02-10-09 08:49 AM
    "I use the storm for work and every day brings another problem. I am using the latest software from verizon..... no leaked versions since I use a Mac and can not upgrade the software unless it is OTA and I do not want to run windows on my mac."

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

do the OS upgrades. leaked, beta, etc. it vastly improves functionality.
    02-10-09 08:59 AM
    This is unfortunate.

I purchased my Storm (my first Blackberry) just before Xmas. I was running .75 initially and Storm life was good. When .90 "leaked" I dowloaded it and I was having all sorts of problems. I must have averaged at least three battery pulls a day! But once .99 came out and I put it on my Storm it was been fantastic!!!

I hope you can get upgraded!!! It's worth it.
    02-10-09 10:51 AM
    Hmm I haven't had many issues with mine....I've done one battery pull. Sorry to hear about your crummy experience.

02-10-09 10:59 AM
    I'm not hearing anything really positive about the Storm so far...but that's how these 1st gen things go. Hope it gets worked out soon!!!
    02-10-09 12:23 PM
    i had it for 3 weeks, went through 3 of them. im now on a curve.

Good luck.
    02-10-09 12:25 PM
    Storms seem to be really hit and miss with people, I tried a friends when it launched and wasn't too impressed. If you can, save yourself the headache and just return it and get the Bold.
    02-10-09 12:51 PM
    I would like to try the Bold but I thought it was with AT&T and since I have had this phone past the 30 day trial I am locked into Verizon which I believe they have the curve.
    Thanks for all the help on this.
    I actually would try the latest leaked version but since I use a Mac I will need to find a friend with a pc who will download the blackberry desktop software since I do not want to go thru the expense of setting up windows if there is going to be a Mac version sometime soon.
    My main beef is why am I paying verizon $190.00 a month for a phone with this many problems.........I guess it is the price you pay to have the latest and greatest.
    02-10-09 07:00 PM
    where can i upgrade to better software
    02-10-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD