Many people forget to lock their phones when they put it in their pockets, and this has happened to me many times before. But while I was surfing the internet, I found the application called AutoLock, when the phone's screen dims, it will lock itself. To edit the settings, if you want to disable it, or re-enable it, you just go into options and you'll see an option "autolock" right below auto on/off. To download the application, put the link in the phones browser.

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber...k/autolock.jad
    02-10-09 06:12 AM
    Very nice.

I was looking for something like this, as I often carry my bold around in my pocket rather than in the magnetic holster (its just too bulky). I was missing this feature of my iPhone but it never occured to me to look for a Blackberry app to do it. Nice find.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:38 AM
    AutoLock's a great app (and has been posted here a number of times before), but I hardly ever use it, and I generally carry my Bold in my pocket. I've found it annoying that the phone locks automatically when I don't want it to lock, and that it's much easier just to press "k" or hold down "a" to lock on demand.
    02-10-09 06:59 AM
    Nice app.. Been using it since ever , but it has started annoying me as it locks the phone when at times I don't want it to.. I'm planning on getting rid of it as I too just prefer holding down the A button

02-10-09 07:25 AM
    AutoLock's a great app (and has been posted here a number of times before), but I hardly ever use it, and I generally carry my Bold in my pocket. I've found it annoying that the phone locks automatically when I don't want it to lock, and that it's much easier just to press "k" or hold down "a" to lock on demand.
    What does pressing "K" supposedly do? I tried it on mine and it just requested a speed dial tweak.
    02-10-09 07:49 AM
    I don't understand the point of this app. Your phone already has an autolock on it. Just enable the password protection and set the lock time as desired.

It just seems awefully redundant to me.

02-10-09 08:21 AM
    I find the sleep button works the best for me.
    If you need the time or temp, push the end button & the screen lights up just long enough to check and then dims.
    02-10-09 08:30 AM
    very useful app. the sleep button requires me pushing a button...this does it automatically which is great. good find and thank you for sharing.
    02-10-09 08:47 AM
    Thank you for this
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

02-10-09 12:47 PM
    I find this kind of redundant as well.

I currently have my left convenience key set as key lock and it works fine for me. Only locks when I need it to, and without any hassle of holding keys down

02-10-09 01:11 PM
    I find the sleep button works the best for me.
    If you need the time or temp, push the end button & the screen lights up just long enough to check and then dims.
    the time or temp? how do you get the temp on your bb?
    02-10-09 01:14 PM
    What does pressing "K" supposedly do? I tried it on mine and it just requested a speed dial tweak.
    You pressed it too long (as if you had a speed dial assigned to the key). Don't hold it down, just hit it once (like "o" for options) and the phone will lock.
    02-10-09 01:37 PM
    the time or temp? how do you get the temp on your bb?
    Do a search for weather apps.

02-10-09 02:00 PM
    I have Autolock installed on my storm.

At first I was happy... but then I realized it lights up when locked.

IE: If I lock my phone manually with lock button... when I press the screen nothing happens. I know its not lighting up in my pocket wasting batteries.

If Autolock locks my phone... when I press the screen it lights up and tells me it's locked. Yes blackberry... I know that =)

The storm USED to do that with a manual lock... I was happy an update kept kept screen blank until you unlocked. Unless someone knows of a way to have autolock do the same thing I'd rather not revert to functionality that originally annoyed me.

sorry for crashing your bold thread :P but seemed active and wasn't sure if you had same issue
    Last edited by sshhhhhh; 02-11-09 at 02:39 PM.
    02-11-09 02:37 PM
    This has stopped working with the new Bold 9700 software release. Help!!! Tried installing and re-installing and it is still not working.
    10-06-10 10:54 AM
    This has stopped working with the new Bold 9700 software release. Help!!! Tried installing and re-installing and it is still not working.
    You can try with the attached, man
    Last edited by dinhhai; 03-01-11 at 05:38 PM.
    10-06-10 11:15 AM
    Try with the attached, man
    Last edited by dinhhai; 03-01-11 at 05:38 PM.
    10-06-10 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD