*cough* I mean, for such occasion.
    That we all come together to celebrate the BB Storm. According to the media, the best competition to the Iphone...yeah right.

To be truly honnest, one time or another, how many of you thought about returing the phone and/or thinking to yourselves if it was worth it.

Be honnest....

I've thought about it many times.
    02-09-09 10:48 PM
    and close thread....honest is 1 N, wow im in a bashing mood today
    02-09-09 10:52 PM
    and close thread....honest is 1 N, wow im in a bashing mood today
    After returning my phone for the 3rd time for repairs...yes 3rd time. A little bit of frustration is due.
    02-09-09 10:58 PM
    I love my phone. And as each day passes, I love it even more! The more I learn about it, the more I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 11:00 PM
    The only thing I thought about returning the Storm for would be a Bold, but it's growning on m day by day.
    02-09-09 11:06 PM
    I am loving my Storm as well. There are some issues with the OS, but when it comes down to it, this is a great device. Ppl were trippin over all the issues that the IPhone had upon release and now here it is, a few years later and they are diggin it. I haven't had nearly the amount of issues with my Storm that I read about on CB. And the few issues that I do have, I usually find the answers within forums and don't complain about them in threads. And on top of that, I end up learning something new that deepens my Crackberry Addiction. And in the words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that. "

02-09-09 11:17 PM
    It sometimes reminds me of a gf that keeps cheating on you and you jeep going back to her.

Hey, dont get me wrong...no matter how much i feel like throwing out the window sometimes...i still have it
    02-09-09 11:19 PM
    I love my phone. And as each day passes, I love it even more! The more I learn about it, the more I love it.

Yup fan boy here
    02-10-09 12:36 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Storm and still love it. I don't regret buying one bit. Hands down the best phone I've had.
    02-10-09 12:53 AM
    Yes, there are lot of issues with the OS. As it is now, this is not a product ready for general release. But even with the problems this is a great device. If they get the camera working and iron out the other issues, I think that it would
    Be an iphone killer. Still behind in multimedia play, but better in communications.
    02-10-09 01:55 AM
    Love mine! No complaints here. In fact, I think it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.
    02-10-09 01:56 AM
    only had one issue with the first one, exchanged and the 2nd one is great. I've always been on top of the latest gadgets so I never really thought about returning it.
    02-10-09 02:14 AM
    I love it and have NEVER thought about getting rid of it. As a newbie to blackberry I can only say its the best purchase i've made in a while!
    02-10-09 02:22 AM
    Going curve to Storm, I love it, every single bit of it. Even while yesterday I had a video issue it wasn't the end of the world...and when I did get it taken, I could send it as an MMS which is something Jesus phone still can't do 2 years later. When I see someone with an Iphone now I laugh at them. "How's your 3g, oh you turned it off to save battery life. Can I make a call? Oh you have no signal". Direct quote...several times.
    02-10-09 02:25 AM
    I don't like typing on either phone. I rather type on my Curve. I have a Storm to test for work, and an itouch.
    02-10-09 02:34 AM
    This is my second storm and yes there has been so many times where I felt like whipping this phone against the wall. It still has many problems with the software. Software updates here and there are great and it is getting better. So far with the latest leak I've been quite happy with it. But it still has some problems. I'm keeping my storm and hopefully it will get better with the updates to come.

02-10-09 02:47 AM
    Other then dust under the screen I've had no issues with mine
    02-10-09 05:39 AM
    I went from the curve to the storm and am pleased with the switch. I noticed that I was typing a bit slower on the storm but utilizing the suretype's predictive input allows me to only have to type 2-3 letters for most words before I can just auto complete the rest of the word which really helps with the typing speed.

I still have my original storm and there is one spot that is a little harder to press than the rest of the screen but doesn't hinder the functionality. I've thought about exchanging a few times, but never actually getting rid of it. As for the OS issues, that's the price I pay for being an early adopter but I just remind myself that it can and will be upgraded which will continue to make it better.
    02-10-09 05:54 AM
    Love mine! No complaints here. In fact, I think it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.
    I'm on my 3rd Storm and still love it. I don't regret buying one bit. Hands down the best phone I've had.
    That doesn't mean you made the right (read: best) decision and certainly a reflection on what phones you've had in the past. You may be just as happy with a G1, iPhone, Touch HD, X1, etc
    02-10-09 06:34 AM
    Truthfully I've been really lucky and haven't had problems with mine. I love it. I've even decided that I would not get an iphone even if it was on Verizon.

I just like this phone too much.

Last edited by boomerhawk; 02-10-09 at 06:49 AM.
    02-10-09 06:47 AM
    3 returned for click problems, one for dust under screen. So if anyone should be disappointed it probably should be me. I have to say that running .99 it is pretty good. Next OS release should bring it closer to where it should have been at the first customer ship.

For me, VZW customer support has been great with the replacements, and with all other questions. I have already stopped carrying the laptop with me everywhere, iPod Touch is in the bed table drawer, and portable GPS is gathering dust in the car glove compartment. Something must be going OK?

IMHO it was the VZW and RIMM marketing people who messed this one up. If their marketing team had positioned the November release as an early adopter release leading up to a March full launch, expectations would have been more appropriately set, and anticipation would still be building. This might have been better than the damage control that they have had to do with press and customers.

I also think poorly VZW marketing's "iPhone Killer" moniker. If I wanted an iPhone I would get one, I needed/wanted something different than a the great phone+music player combo that is the iPhone. This device has the potential to be much more than that.
    Last edited by jastop; 02-10-09 at 07:07 AM. Reason: typo in title
    02-10-09 07:06 AM
    I got the phone the day it came out and I've never had a problem with it. I love the phone and wouldn't return it for anything. I've upgraded to .100 and that has made it so much better.
    02-10-09 07:55 AM
    Honestly, I have.

I use my BB so much for buisness, I need to read and reply fast.

I downgraded for a couple of days to the curve - and because I am the wireless IT manager - even got a Bold.

Since the release of .99 - I solely use the storm. It finally puts the device where it should have been when it launched.

Now I can't put the storm down.
    02-10-09 07:58 AM
    3 returned for click problems, one for dust under screen. So if anyone should be disappointed it probably should be me. I have to say that running .99 it is pretty good. Next OS release should bring it closer to where it should have been at the first customer ship.

For me, VZW customer support has been great with the replacements, and with all other questions. I have already stopped carrying the laptop with me everywhere, iPod Touch is in the bed table drawer, and portable GPS is gathering dust in the car glove compartment. Something must be going OK?

IMHO it was the VZW and RIMM marketing people who messed this one up. If their marketing team had positioned the November release as an early adopter release leading up to a March full launch, expectations would have been more appropriately set, and anticipation would still be building. This might have been better than the damage control that they have had to do with press and customers.

I also think poorly VZW marketing's "iPhone Killer" moniker. If I wanted an iPhone I would get one, I needed/wanted something different than a the great phone+music player combo that is the iPhone. This device has the potential to be much more than that.
    Very thoughtful post, jastop. It does seem that the release of the phone was rushed and that it wasn't fully ready for prime time. However, there are a lot of happy Storm users out there with the rushed version anyway. I think more ppl are liking it rather than hating it. And, I have said this before, the iPhone is the iPhone it is for entertainment first, phone/business last. Ppl who use BBs use them for a different purpose. The Storm, I feel, was meant to introduce some consumer/entertainment use into the BB world. I do not look at the Storm as an iKiller device.
    02-10-09 08:20 AM
    I put some of the older Directors at my corporation on the storm. They agree there is a learning curve, but love the html browser, and they are finding that with time, they love it. No one has thought twice about returning it.
    02-10-09 08:39 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD