Blackberries have been consistently a problem for me. I'm on my fourth blackberry in a couple months, every one has had a problem. RIM needs to learn to make phones that work consistently.

Anyway, my WiFi doesn't work on my phone, I've tried toying with the options, and can't seem to find any way to get it to work. I get the same error that says I'm not connected to the ineternet, when everything else tells me I'm on a network. The networks works fine, I'm posting this message from the same network my Blackberry can't use. Can someone please help me?
    02-09-09 08:20 PM
    I think you're going to have to be more specific with what error message you are receiving and exactly what it says, and when for ppl to help.
    02-09-09 08:28 PM
    SO you are asying that you have have had four device and all have problems? All the same problems? Four huh, I might want to look at the user habits at that point. Sorry been wokring with BB;s for too long if this is the case
    02-09-09 08:39 PM
    I have, and have only had, two BlackBerrys (both T-Mobile). Both of them have never had a problem in the two years I have owned them. My Curve 8320's Wi-Fi has been exceptional, as well... sorry to hear about the troubles.
    02-09-09 08:42 PM
    User error.
    02-09-09 08:51 PM
    Not a user error, each one has had a problem right out of the box, I just started trying to get the internet to work on this one.

Anyway, here is the error message I get:

Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later.

If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

If nobody knows a way I can fix it here I'll call T-Mobile, but I would like to not have to go through that, as they can be a hassle.
    02-09-09 08:56 PM
    Do you have a data plan?
    02-09-09 09:05 PM
    No data plan, just WiFi, on my previous Curve the WiFi worked just fine, but when I got this new one the OS was updated and the WiFi was broken.

And socalbb, I feel you. Blackberries are great phones, but they are way too prone to problems.
    02-09-09 09:20 PM
    Can anyone help?
    02-10-09 04:05 PM
    What Wifi network are you using? Home? Work? Hotspot?

You may find this thread interesting as it does show the settings for someone that has the same carrier as you and no data plan. Check it out here

There is a forum under Blackberry Forums > Software & Accessories > WiFi Discussion and Help. The link I gave you is a thread in that forum.

I hope that helps

~Jazzi~
    02-10-09 04:18 PM
    Alright thank you so much! I checked that thread out and it finally works! Thanks man, that helps a lot!!
    02-10-09 07:12 PM
    I buy my BBs used even all the time and never had a problem with them. 8310 curves

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:36 PM
    And an 8320 WI fi worked fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD