I am looking for a grocery shopping list app/program that i can install on my bb... I would prefer all items be on the list so could just check them off as i need them, thanks
    02-09-09 01:39 AM
    I use my memo pad and just create a "Grocery List" and enter my items there. After I shop, I delete all the items and start over. Works good for me!
    02-09-09 01:50 AM
    I use Maratick. I did the memo pad thing for a while and tired of it. Check it out here:

Ted Regsuren's BB page
    02-09-09 01:54 AM
    I use Maratick. I did the memo pad thing for a while and tired of it. Check it out here:

Ted Regsuren's BB page
    YES!!!

I used memo pad for my grocery lists for a while cause I wasn't trying to spend money on just a grocery list app and then I found this app. I love it. You can put checkmarks next to your items and then it bumps it to the bottom. Nice looking interface too.
    02-09-09 01:58 AM
    MaraTick even has a database of grocery items and terms.
    02-09-09 02:01 AM
    You could use "Tasks" also, it lets you do the little check mark thing - and if necessary, you can set alarms to things that you need to get right away.
    02-09-09 02:04 AM
    thansk sbrown72, i was also using the memo thing for putting down alot of lists. maratick is really usefull
    02-09-09 03:06 AM
    I use Maratick and I love it! I like how it check marks items and move them down the list. I add stuff daily to list and set reminder for specific time and date I need to go to grocery store. Great program! Works for me.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-09-09 03:28 AM
    Maratick is the only grocery app for me. Plus its free and an OTA download.

02-09-09 04:29 AM
    I use Shopper... Works great for me, plus its free!!! http://download11.getjar.com/downloa...86/Shopper.jad

02-09-09 04:59 AM
    A pretty sweet looking program. Thanks for the link/info gonna download it now.
    02-09-09 05:10 AM
    I downloaded Maratick and looked at it but all I saw was importing from the clipboard. Maybe I didn't look at it long enough but I thought it was just another thing like memo pad where you had to type out all the items you want. How do you get to the database? Can you tell me more about how you use this? I was using Vlingo and doing "note2self".
    02-09-09 07:56 AM
    MEnu -> New List
    When you open a list you do the same thing to add an item (Alt N is the same as menu New Item)
    02-09-09 09:26 AM
    I use Maratick as well and it works great. Nothing was worse than going to the grocery store with a long hand written list only to find you have no pen or pencil to cross the items off the list as you get them!

02-09-09 12:38 PM
    I always used memo pad but I love this.
    Thank you CB is the best source for great info and apps.
    02-09-09 02:12 PM
    This looks like a really great app, I don't know why I have not used it before. Thank you for posting it.

My only question:

Is everyone typing in their list manually on their BlackBerry or are they importing it somehow? I see on the site that you can email and paste a list in with 'Add Data from Clipboard', but when I try to do this it won't paste anything. Is there something I am missing? Does it have to be formatted a specific way?
    02-09-09 02:21 PM
    I use Maratick as well and it works great. Nothing was worse than going to the grocery store with a long hand written list only to find you have no pen or pencil to cross the items off the list as you get them!

Yeah, same with using Memopad. You'd have to highlight and delete each one manually. Ugh. Maratick is great.

02-09-09 04:05 PM
    I was a little confused with it too but I figured it out now. I was making it harder than it had to be. When you create a new list, go to add item and start typing and if the item is in the database, it will come up with options. Like milk, I started typing and it gave me choices of 1%, 2%, etc. It didn't have ketchup so I typed that in completely then went back and started a new list to see if it showed up and it does.

This looks like a really great app, I don't know why I have not used it before. Thank you for posting it.

My only question:

Is everyone typing in their list manually on their BlackBerry or are they importing it somehow? I see on the site that you can email and paste a list in with 'Add Data from Clipboard', but when I try to do this it won't paste anything. Is there something I am missing? Does it have to be formatted a specific way?
    02-09-09 04:49 PM
    I just got the MaraTick and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the link!
    02-09-09 04:57 PM
    Just downloaded it and used it today at the grocery store. LOVE IT!!! No more pen and paper. I can use my BB!!! Great app. I love how when you tick it off that you have it, the item moves to the bottom of the list, and at the top, it shows how many items you have left to get from the total number.

I suggest this to anyone and everyone that grocery shops!!
    02-09-09 06:30 PM
    this maratick is pretty sweet
    02-09-09 06:36 PM
    thanks for inves\ting your time on a useful app.
    02-09-09 06:40 PM
    MaraTick even has a database of grocery items and terms.
    How do you load this?
    03-25-09 07:10 PM
    The wife and I use memo pad. Works well for us... You could even use task list and check off things you get, so you don't forget anything.

But we always seem to forget something... Never fails.......
    03-25-09 07:12 PM
    My only question:

I'm confused by this too. I used the copy list to clipboard to get the format of the xml, then edited it to include my new items. When I copied back into maratick, it created another list instead of adding to the current list!?! Also, it seems like I can only add a few things at a time (like 4) instead of a long list.

Anyone else figure this out?
    05-10-09 12:49 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD