Title pretty much says it all. I can no longer get a fix. Not through Gmaps not through VFUK satnav and not through refreshing the gps setting (all of which have been tested outside)

Anyone else have a similar problems... or even better a fix?

Bard

P.S. anyone finding that the battery doesnt last as long on this build?
    02-08-09 07:46 PM
    well can u use google maps? or blackberry maps? how does it load?

mine was okay, but i think it loads slower than the prev version...

battery for me was outstanding, last longer than any other older version...
    02-08-09 08:24 PM
    they all load as normal.
    Google maps gets me by the cell towers (500 meters waiting for gps)
    BB maps says it's looking.
    Last lock was on the 5th of feb. (5 sats accuracy 116 meters) Since then I've had nothing
    Also my battery is down to 20% after 14hours normal use (guess it might not be too normal with me trying to refresh the gps over and over)

Any tips or tricks or is it down to whatever the last good OS was (216 i think most people say)
    02-08-09 08:44 PM
    LOL i think i have same problem with you..

i just try the speakerphone and it just all went normal!!!

try refresh GPS....it says scanning for satellites... went nothing!

trys bbmaps... searching for satellites...

trys google map... (3200 meters waiting for GPS)

what the heck????
    02-08-09 09:44 PM
    .234 GPS works fine with my Bold
    02-08-09 11:02 PM
    .234 killed my phone even downgrading my os didnt help. I needed to wipe my phone clean and reinstall .219.
    02-08-09 11:21 PM
    I've been running .234 for almost a week now without any problems. GPS, battery all working fine.This has been the best update for me yet!
    02-09-09 07:41 AM
    .234 is the weirdest, it's by far the best build for me (quick browser in 3g and wifi, signal strength, gps strength) I am confused on how we can get so wildly differing results with different phones...
    02-10-09 08:45 AM
    I have never had an issue with an OS before, but driving back from camp Sunday, I tried the GPS. I noticed that it was verrrrry slow in acquiring a satellite signal. I left the phone on the dash of the truck for a little while and it eventually got a GPS lock. I've never had a GPS issue before. BTW, my old GPS unit that I use on the lake acquired a signal with no problems, so I'm certain it wasn't an obstruction.
    02-10-09 11:01 AM
    Title pretty much says it all. I can no longer get a fix. Not through Gmaps not through VFUK satnav and not through refreshing the gps setting (all of which have been tested outside)

Bard

i had the same gps problem.....went back to 216 and everything is fine.
    02-10-09 12:11 PM
    My GPS works, though it seems to take a LONG time to get a lock. Under 216 it would lock in 15-20 seconds. When I tried it last night on the way home (with 234) it took closer to 2 minutes.
    02-10-09 12:44 PM
    Getting weirder... I have a feeling the battery issue may not be due to OS but due to theme (at least it said it was a theme). After installing it the theme was nowhere to be found but the battery drain began. after wiping the handset and installing 216 and doing a restore... same problem

Tried another battery from another bold and the same thing happend (8 hours use now until shutdown).
    So now onto the other bold using it on 216 and only restored certain parts from the backup (although I'm not too sure what I'm trying to avoid).
    Going to allow a full drain of battery and a full charge overnight and see how long it lasts this time.
    Meanwhile I should have another bold on it's way to me (my 5th now!!!!!) And when I get that one the only thing I'll copy across will be my contacts and start getting my bold the way i like it from scratch.

Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated although I might start a new topic

Bard

P.S. GPS is working now but I am on .216
    02-10-09 02:20 PM
    u downgrade back to .216? and gps just working straight away? mine doesnt! LOL
    02-10-09 03:31 PM
    yeah. did a full wipe, install, battery pull and was working... having said that I have been using two handsets and both have been on 234 but i've kind of confused myself with all the testing and i'm not sure whether GPS was down on both or just one (pretty sure it was both though)

I am now on my spare handset which was on 234. Now on 216 and gps is working.
    02-10-09 03:39 PM
    full wipe from your phone u mean? GPS working well on .234?
    Last edited by abban; 02-10-09 at 08:09 PM.
    02-10-09 07:56 PM
    .234 killed my phone even downgrading my os didnt help. I needed to wipe my phone clean and reinstall .219.
    Sorry it works fine for me... GPS, navigator, all working 100% lol
    02-10-09 08:15 PM
    wiped the os clean...

installed .234

everythings great..

but the GPS still dead!
    02-10-09 09:45 PM
    well my battery is worse but still good i guess i just noticed it drains alot faster and i cannot get a gps lock either it keeps jumping from cellular tower :/
    02-11-09 01:37 AM

Bard

I thought I had this same problem tonight as I tried my VFUK satnav app for the first time since updating to 234, however, a battery pull, wait 60 seconds and put it back in, cured the problem instantly.
    02-11-09 03:14 PM
    Still not a happy bunny but I've got another handset on its way and seeing as this is my 5th replacement in the last 6 months I have been given an upgrade as and when there is a handset I like. (this one is mainly due to the battery issues)
    Any suggestions on the best set up. Most stable OS, any settings changes? any apps to avoid?
    02-11-09 06:39 PM
    my bold works fine with .234 also gps is fast
    02-12-09 01:37 PM
    not to sound like everyone else but I am running the same OS as you I ran AMAZE, Yahoo Go, and Google Maps and all is well ( I didnt try street view though......)
    02-20-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD