my emails are still txt and links! any fixes? i just insttalled the 4.5 and was really wanting to see pics in emails and embedded images. i did reinstall a backup i ran from before i installed the new os,,,but it kept the mms and docs to go and the phone does say its running 4.5?? please help me get email rich pics!!
    02-08-09 05:31 PM
    did you go to your messages folder, then menu then email options and make sure that HTML ENBABLE is set to yes?
    02-08-09 05:32 PM
    also resend your service books by going to sprint.blackberry.com and selecting resend service books
    02-08-09 05:42 PM
    i cant even see that option! i opened mssg fldr & i get general options, reconcile options,,,etc, i looked at them all and dont see that setting???
    02-08-09 05:42 PM
    would it matter that i reinstalled a 4.3 backup file after i put 4.5 on? i needed to get my addr book back!!
    02-08-09 05:43 PM
    can u get the service books sent using handheld? thanks soo much by the way!!
    02-08-09 05:50 PM
    Also, did u do the upgrade using DM 4.7?? Heard of tonnssss of issues with Sprint Users who tried the upgrade using 4.7...if you did, uninstall 4.7, download 4.5 or 4.6 without media manager, wipe the device and try and reload OS 4.5 again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 07:18 PM
    can u get the service books sent using handheld? thanks soo much by the way!!
    No, you need to use your computer and go to sprint's BIS site. Use the address that was posted earlier. After you log in, in the upper left had corner there is an option to send service books. I had the same problem and this fixed me. It won't work with emails you already have, new ones should be in html. Hope this works for you.
    02-08-09 09:27 PM
    you can also go to the host routing table in advanced options and hit reconcile now.
    02-09-09 12:08 AM
    You can go into E-mail settings (on the main screen press the Blackberry Menu Button and then you can find e-mail settings) on your phone and log in there and look for the option to Resend Service Books.

No, you need to use your computer and go to sprint's BIS site. Use the address that was posted earlier. After you log in, in the upper left had corner there is an option to send service books. I had the same problem and this fixed me. It won't work with emails you already have, new ones should be in html. Hope this works for you.
    02-09-09 07:58 AM
    Like the OP, I'm still just getting "text and links" in my emails even after installing OS 4.5.0.131.

BB = Curve 8330.

Desktop Manager version: 4.3.0.17.

This is a *personal* BB, but it is on a BES.

I have resent the service books from Sprint's BIS. Also did a battery pull reset.

There is NO option to enable "HTML" in messages folder>menu> options>email settings. Only options at that stage are: 1. Message services (desktop); 2. send email to handheld (yes); 3. save copy in sent folder (yes); 4. use auto signature (no); 5. use out of office reply (no).

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
    02-09-09 09:42 AM
    The 4.5 upgrade will only enable HTML on BIS and devices connected to the newest BES servers. If you are running BPM (like me) you will NOT get HTML. This is confirmed with blackberry. I am testing empower HTML software now ($30) which seems very good.
    02-09-09 10:29 AM
    gadgetfreak wrote:

The 4.5 upgrade will only enable HTML on BIS and devices connected to the newest BES servers. If you are running BPM (like me) you will NOT get HTML. This is confirmed with blackberry. I am testing empower HTML software now ($30) which seems very good.
    Thanks for the reply gadget! I may give Empower a try with their free trial.
    02-09-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD