Is anyone experomenting any issues with the new Sprint 4.5?

I have had some issues of phones screen not shutting off when idle. Also another problem of constantly receiving data (arrows moving)when no program is running, and also a delay in getting email (approx 15 minutes)
    02-08-09 04:55 PM
    As far as the email thing you may want to try resending your service books and see if that helps at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 05:02 PM
    I Noticied The Hour Glass Alot Now
    02-08-09 06:20 PM
    having issues attempting to register sprint navagation after upgrade? don't know why can't figure it out. any suggestions?
    02-08-09 06:23 PM
    The only problem I'm having is that when I erase emails associated with my job, it doesn't ask me if I wanna delete on device and mailbox. It just deletes the item like you would with a text message. Other than that I'm happy.
    02-08-09 09:33 PM
    My Curve seems to be running slower.. I upgraded earlier today. I'm hoping that will clear up soon

02-08-09 09:37 PM
    On my curve and wifes pearl the voice for nav4all is screwed up. Which I found out today when I needed it.

Not a big deal, I finally bought that garmin unit I've been wanting.

Cheers
    02-08-09 10:13 PM
    I have had the update for three days now and my curve is running real slow. Also getting the hour glass thing quite a bit, and there seems to be a small memory leak...thinking of restoring back to the old 4.3
    02-08-09 11:02 PM
    I did mine the first night it became official and everything seems to be running fine for me. I have a slight memory leak which i dont know where its coming from but its nothing big. My UI is def quicker then it was and i love HTML email. I noticed earlier that when i let my phone go into sleep, i clicked my trackball and it took a full second for the screen to come to life. That happened a couple of trys but now its back to perfect. I think it might be because i had just done a soft reset but other than that issue my device is running great. As for my service its also awesome, right now i have full bars. Didnt really compare it to when i had 4.3 so i cant be sure if theres an improvement but im happy i did the update.
    02-08-09 11:07 PM
    The only problem I'm having is that when I erase emails associated with my job, it doesn't ask me if I wanna delete on device and mailbox. It just deletes the item like you would with a text message. Other than that I'm happy.
    go to your emails, menu>options>email reconciliation then change the "delete on" to PROMPT. switch emails under "message services" and change the options for your other emails too.
    02-08-09 11:21 PM
    Mine seems to be lagging a bit -- but I can deal. Also, when playing BrickBreaker, when SMS/MMS come in, it causes the phone to freeze, but again, not a deal breaker.
    02-08-09 11:46 PM
    I have some serious lag after I did the update. It's especially bad when I get a call and try to pick the call up, there is a good 2-3 second delay before I'm connected. Not sure whats up with that.
    02-10-09 12:25 PM
    My phone seems to be a bit more responsive. I have nothing but thumbs up for 4.5. ^^
    02-10-09 12:33 PM
    No issues here except the backlight lag. No lag anywhere else. Browser is snappy and no speakerblast.

You guys do know that this is the exact same build and package # as the leaked version, right?
    02-10-09 12:36 PM
    I d/l on Saturday and have restarted twice already & lag is still present :/..
    02-10-09 01:11 PM
    I updated to v4.5.0.127 were is the mms?

02-10-09 05:56 PM
    I have noticed an increase in my memory leak...it seems to be leaking much faster than before
    How do you detect a memory leak and what is it exactly?
    02-10-09 06:04 PM
    What Is HTML email?
    02-10-09 09:19 PM
    I have noticed an increase in my memory leak...it seems to be leaking much faster than before
    I also noticed that

I also noticed that when you go to turn your radio off in "manage connections" it takes quite a while...It will get rid of the "1XEV", but the bars will still stay

Sometimes I have to go in there twice to turn it off since It still shows that is checked as ON...annoying especially if you are a frequent flier
    02-10-09 10:23 PM
    HTML email is so you can actually view an email the way its supposed to be viewed, with pics and what not. MMS is carrier supported so being that this is a Bell update anyone from another carrier wont have MMS unfortunately. A memory leak is when you notice your free file memory decreasing. Sometimes it can be at a slow pace or sometimes faster depending on what you have downloaded to your device and how much free space you have open. If your running alot of 3rd party apps you will see memory leaks happen. I had a slight leak but all but fixed it now.
    02-10-09 10:27 PM
    more issues..
    apps are slow to load/run.
    my once fast browser is reducted to turtle speed. even on 1XEV and full bars.
    severe lag when answering calls.
    battery pull or soft reboot 2-3 times a day.
    battery life 4-6 hrs now (not roming)

i guess i got the short end of the stick? haven't added any new 3rd party aps (other than what i had before) havent' altered any settings from what i had before the upgrade. i haven't wipped the device clean and attempted to start over yet, have no idea how to do that. thanks
    02-10-09 10:50 PM
    thankfully i experience non of the slow downs or memory leak on the .119 release..

.131 was not good at all for me.

cheers
    02-11-09 03:27 AM
    I have some serious lag after I did the update. It's especially bad when I get a call and try to pick the call up, there is a good 2-3 second delay before I'm connected. Not sure whats up with that.
    I have the same problem..

I also have memory leak..

These are things I can deal with, but I just wish I could fix them.
    Last edited by Sonshyne; 02-11-09 at 08:23 AM.
    02-11-09 08:21 AM
    I've had the call lag, a memory leak and the battery seems to drain faster (but that could just be me possibly using it more.) Those aren't too bad, I can deal with those...but this one:

I've noticed a the lag coming back from the screen being off (and locked). Sometimes, the screen will freeze, and I have to battery pull (sometimes Shift+Alt+Del works as well.) I had this issue with the .119 release as well (which was why I had gone back to 4.3)

Some researching helped me with the issue. Turns out, something with my media card (either the card itself, or something on it) is causing it, because I turn Media Card support off, and I don't get the issue anymore (slight lag, but not freezing.)

I haven't had much time to test, but hopefully tonight, I'll remove all that I have from the card, and see if a blank card is the issue.

I've already used the BB to format the card, but I put everything back, so it's not a format issue. The card I'm using is an 8GB card.
    Last edited by AliasWyvernspur; 02-11-09 at 11:05 AM.
    02-11-09 10:59 AM
    I've got a bad memory leak.

I do a battery pull every morning. Start the day with 51/52 free - I end around 39/41 free.

I have the delay of about two seconds when answering a call. It will take forever to connect.

My phone will always power on without connecting the the network. It always says the connections are turned off.

Still have duplicate calendar entries - I thought this was fixed in OS 4.5, but still does it. Kinda ticks me off.

BBM takes a good minutes to send the message. It just sits on the sending icon and then it will finally send.

Overall, the phone is faster. Brickbreaker seems to be jumpy...which sucks as well.
    02-11-09 11:54 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD