ok.. i've tried searching to see if anyone else has this problem but couldn't find it and i don't have time to search all the posts..

when i woke to my alarm this morning, it was some alarm sound i've never heard before. it was not the sound i set my alarm to play... i double checked and it still shows the song i set it for (fur elise)... didn't think much of it until i got home from church today and turned my sounds back on and noticed i'm not getting all the sounds for text messages/emails. so i went into the sound menu to listen to them and it will only play the ringtones i've downloaded. when i try to play the preloaded sounds, it does nothing. i went thru the media button to listen to the sounds and when i try to play them, it says the format is not supported!

i downloaded slacker last night.. did this do it? no, i haven't battery pulled yet.. ugh...

thanks.
    02-08-09 02:58 PM
    Hello. I have a similar problem to yours. I'm on my second device now. My first one was having issues with alerting me of messages and phone calls. My txt msgs are set on Notifier Light Speed, but sometimes it beeps and other times it doesn't. Same with the phone riinging. The phone call will be coming thru, but the phone is not ringing even though its set to loud. So I kept going to VZW, they sent me a replacement phone, and this one does the same thing!! I don't have slacker installed on my phone.
    02-08-09 03:21 PM
    I've never had that problem until listening to Slacker for a couple of hours. My text messages were silent and instant messages sounded completely different. It seems to definitely interfere with the sound profiles somehow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 03:56 PM
    i've never had any problems with the storm... KNOCK ON WOOD.. until this sound thing today and the only thing i could think of is that it's the slacker because it's a sound application...
    i ended up doing the bat pull... and then the sounds worked again.. but i haven't turned slacker on to listen.. afraid it will do the same thing.. anyway.. i was hoping there would be more posts about this since slacker was just released for the storm but maybe people aren't having this problem... could be cause i'm using the original OS .75???
    02-08-09 05:31 PM
    I don't have slacker on my phone either (pronounced i ther), lol... Anyways, my alarm and all of my sound profiles aren't ringing according to the settings they are set at. According to Verizon, this will be addressed in the next update. I've found that many other users have similar problems as well..
    02-08-09 11:22 PM
    I've been running slacker since the day it was released for storm and have not encountered this problem yet...(knocking on wood)...FYI I am running os .99
    02-09-09 12:00 AM
    Ditto on having Slacker installed, while it's a audio app it most
    likely will not alter your sound profiles. I use it and Sling
    (another 'audio app') without any problems streaming and my
    sound profile works fine, now I do use a 'custom profile' mixed
    with BB sounds and my our ringtones for alerts (.99 OS).
    02-09-09 05:29 AM
    So is it looking like something in .75 doesn't jive too well with slacker? And it works well with .99? I have the same things going on as the OP, and slacker shuts off the speakerphone after being used once or twice. The camera also works intermittently since the slacker install. (I'm using .75 for reference)
    02-09-09 07:19 AM
    Same problem here since installed slacker...? Sounds and camera malfunction. Did a bat pull, doing Ok for now. on .75
    02-09-09 08:38 AM
    I have an original 11/21 Storm and have had the same type of problem from day one. No 3rd party apps installed until just a few weeks ago. BB would randomly play sounds. I have my alerts set to vibrate then ring. The vibration would always happen, but 1 out of every 3 or 4 alerts would never make a sound.

I would go in and test the sounds, and they would work perfectly again for a few days, then back to square one. Figured I was the only one with this issue.
    02-09-09 09:34 AM
    My phone is doing the same thing and i don't have slacker. Running .99
    02-09-09 10:13 AM
    I use slacker as well. Then all of a sudden i realize that my phone won't ring or make any alert sounds if they are default sounds. Only my uploaded tones work. I wonder what this is...hope it's fixed in the update.
    02-09-09 02:16 PM
    Hi all,

I am running OS .75 and had the very same problem as the OP the very first day the official storm version of slacker was released. What I have found works for me is to set all sounds to silent while I am listening to Slacker and when I finish listening to Slacker I return my sounds to medium and all other sounds (ringers/alerts) are still in tact.

Don't know the reason for this but it has worked for me.
    02-09-09 03:39 PM
    i ended up figuring out i had to change my sound to silent because it would pause slacker when i rcv'd a text message and then i had to restart the song to get to play again..

another weird thing not related to slacker is sometimes it plays a downloaded ringtone for all text messages instead of just for the ones i set up from my husband... it's weird.
    02-09-09 10:56 PM
    Got the exact same problem with my Storm. Il have it beside me, and i'll look at it and have 4 emails and 2 text messages. no sounds whatsoever even though they're all set to normal. Sometimes I hear sound, sometimes I dont. Battery pull works for a few hours but reverts back. Thought it was .99 update so went back to .76 but appears to be doing the same thing.. Hope this will get corrected. Cant afford to miss phone calls and email like this...
    Should also note that all I have installed on this thing is Garmin Mobile, Youtube and Facebook right now
    Last edited by geoff_v; 02-10-09 at 12:15 AM.
    02-10-09 12:13 AM
    I am having the same issue; all my default BB sounds and ringtones show up but none will play. This is how this started for me. While running .99 I installed slacker, sounds still worked. Upgraded to .103 issue started (sounds stopped working). Wiped device reloaded .103 same issue. Wiped device and loaded .86 same issue. Wiped device and loaded .76, all normal default sounds/ringtones when away, and new really old ones took there place, and there we only a few not nearly as many as you normal would see. But they did work. Upgraded to .103 issue came back. Upgraded to .109 same issue.

BTY... I have not reloaded slacker since...

Next I will Wipe again, and load .109 clean... Will update post with results.
    03-01-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD