Ok. I have been trying to figure out why my pearl won't receive mms's. I have spent hours on the help line with Verizon and also got a new phone. My problem is I can't receive mms's. Everyone sending them say they look like they are going thru but I receive nothing. My phone gets nothing. Please help. Anyone? Is this a problem with blackberry or Verizon? I have tried all I can figure out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 07:33 PM
    Try to resend your service books.

Have you tried to send someone a message?

Also make sure the message size doesn't exceed the limit.

01-20-08 07:41 PM
    And yes I can send all the mms's my heart desires, successfully. Go figure. Anyone else with this problem?

01-20-08 07:55 PM
    Tech rep from vzw resent service books. Fixed it for a minute. Then nothing. I can send fine. What is the limit on message size? I can't tell you how many mms's I have missed. Thank. Anything else?

01-20-08 08:26 PM
    I know I can get more knowledge from this group. Please. I am at a loss here. Thanks again in advance.

01-21-08 07:11 PM
    unsure what the verizon set limit is. i would suggest just have someone send you a simple picture. you should at least get a message.

do you have your pics set to save automatically to a microSD Card?
    01-21-08 08:26 PM
    I have had friends send me simple pictures and nothing comes thru??? Pics automatically save to micro card but nothing shows up??? Sounds like no one has a solution. This just bugs me. We can get man to land on the moon but I can't figure out how to get a mms message delivered to a phone designed to receive them. Wow. lol.

01-22-08 03:11 PM
    I feel your pain eldonk! I can can tell you that all the suggestions you will read on here will NOT work. I had the Pearl with Verizon and I tried everything. Resending service books, resetting my account, pulling the battery twice a day to keep memory up, keeping phone charged. Nothing works and Verizon or bb couldn't help. The Verizon rep even had the same problem sending a mms to their display Pearl on the shelf as a test. The only thing that worked was to take my Pearl back to Verizon and go back to my lg 8700. I tell you this so you know you are not the only one and give you the straight scoop. Hopefully one day there will be a fix and we will be able to use the phone features as they were intended. Good luck!
    01-22-08 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the honesty. I guess my biggest blues is that my brother has the same phone on the same account activated the same day and his has worked from the start with no problems. It blows me away.

01-22-08 06:58 PM
    All of us have been there. I assume your call logs list is gone too right? If so it is a memory problem. This issue is the reason I sought out this forum too. Just search this forum for the following key words:

memory
    text messages

You should be fine. Also check this out. It’s a really good thread:
    hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f79/messages-deleted-help-13628/
    I just don't want to steal anyone’s thunder and knowledge and pass it off as my own. Good luck

ps: just turn the xx into tt lol
    01-22-08 08:11 PM
    I have Alltel and in messages you hit the menu scroll down and I don't even have the option for mms just SMS. Even though the manuel says it has the ability

01-23-08 11:50 AM
    Under Options>MMS>
    Multimedia Reception set to always?
    Automatic Retrieval set to always?

Message filtering none checked?
    01-23-08 12:09 PM
    I don't understand it. I have no problems with call logs and my memory is in the 17 range. I do use the software softboot. It helps the memory leak. I have a ticket number in to vzw waiting for them to call for the 6th time. Rep said if they can't figure it out I could get a different phone. I am thinking curve. Any recomendations??? I have fell to a love hate relationship with blackberry. I think I am loosing it.

01-23-08 09:15 PM
    Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. Time for a new phone. You might be thinking Curve, but rumor has it it won't be out through Verizon for a few months. Some were saying Summer or even Fall!
    01-23-08 09:31 PM
    Under Options>MMS>
    Multimedia Reception set to always?
    Automatic Retrieval set to always?

Message filtering none checked?

With my phone
    under options> there is no MMS only SMS

I have talked to the people at my local alltel store and they even said that none of their pearls have MMS capibilty. I talked to one of their tech people and they said that by this week there should be a new patch or something to allow mms on the pearls. But I have not seen or heard any more
    01-23-08 10:05 PM
    With my phone
    under options> there is no MMS only SMS

I have talked to the people at my local alltel store and they even said that none of their pearls have MMS capibilty. I talked to one of their tech people and they said that by this week there should be a new patch or something to allow mms on the pearls. But I have not seen or heard any more
    Hmmm...(scratching head) You have Alltel, no mms option on your phone.
    I have updated my Verizon 8130's OS v.60 to Alltel's OS v.81. The option shows up on my BB and I never lost the ability to use mms. I will say this, once I upgraded to OS v.81, before I installed it I deleted the vendor.xlm which is the vendor code. So I wonder if you did an upgrade, but before you install, delete the vendor.xlm file, then install, if the mms option would be there.
    01-24-08 04:33 AM
    Hmmm...(scratching head) You have Alltel, no mms option on your phone.
    I have updated my Verizon 8130's OS v.60 to Alltel's OS v.81. The option shows up on my BB and I never lost the ability to use mms.
    Yes, the Alltel 8130s have not had MMS since their release. This is not due to a .81 OS issue, but rather that Alltel has not made available & pushed the MMS service books.
    01-24-08 05:01 AM
    Yes, the Alltel 8130s have not had MMS since their release. This is not due to a .81 OS issue, but rather that Alltel has not made available & pushed the MMS service books.
    I figured that, but I was wondering if he reloaded the OS, but delete the vendor code first as we did, if the option would even show up?

Glad you are back! I was getting worried! I can't handle this all by myself!
    01-24-08 05:08 AM
    YAY! Nice to know I was missed.
    01-24-08 05:20 AM
    I'm having trouble with MMS as well, VZW service. I can receive mms all day, however I cannot send anything. It's really starting to bug me, going to have to go to the store today or tomorrow to see what's up...
    01-24-08 11:53 AM
    Nevermind they got me fixed ath the store, she didn't tell me what she did but it's fixed

01-24-08 12:45 PM
    I figured that, but I was wondering if he reloaded the OS, but delete the vendor code first as we did, if the option would even show up?

Glad you are back! I was getting worried! I can't handle this all by myself!
    I have already done that. That was the first thing I deleted when I deleted the pre installed pics and other usless stuff. I have reloaded the OS twice now. I have over 21megs of free space after hard reset
    01-28-08 12:14 AM
    I was just on the phone withthe Verizon techy and he said another vzw techy is now testing a new verision software upgrade to the pearl fixing this problem and a few other minor ones. Almost ready for release. Rim admit it doesn't work.

01-29-08 02:16 PM
    01-29-08 08:49 PM
    I just spoke with a vzw techy and he said they are currently testing a new install for the pearl by RIM. Suppose to fix this and other problems. Due out in a couple weeks. I hope so. I know many are waiting to see this. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

01-30-08 01:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD