So this week alone, I've dropped my BB in the tub, had it slide off the roof of my car onto the concrete, and had it fall out of my vest onto the concrete. The last fall today really pissed it off and I couldn't get it to come back on for hours. I've decided that it's (way) past time for me to get some protection.

I am concerned about weight and appearance. I need it to withstand me dropping it once a week though.

What do you guys recommend? I have an 8310

Thanks!
    02-07-09 10:36 PM
    Well I think just a gel skin would be good since your so concerned with looks and bulk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 10:40 PM
    Well first of all, welcome to crackberry! Secondly, umm don't ya think you should have gotten it some protection before now? If it made it through the tub incident you are very lucky btw.
    02-07-09 10:41 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Have you tried the store link on this page? Quite a few cases with reviews for you to check out. I do not use one personally just a holster and thankfully no drops yet..

Alot of folks seem to like the seidio cases as well as the otterbox (which is a tad to funky looking for my taste but give that a look)

Good luck
    02-07-09 10:44 PM
    Thats Crazy!!
    I would cry if that happened to me just use a gel skin but do not get black it shows dust like crazy i don't even use mine anymore i have to buy a clear one for now i'm just using the oem holster
    02-07-09 10:49 PM
    I use a holster too and have never dropped my curve......yet (hopefully never will). I have dropped my pearl twice onto concrete but that only scratched the back and top.
    02-07-09 10:50 PM
    Try Seido Inneodo case. (Not sure I spelled that right, but it is close). I use that and it is a soft feel hard shell, which will feel nice, protect it from drops, not add much bulk, and looks slick! Try it out, it is like 40 or 5 bucks but for drops you will need a hard case for it to survive and not crack.

A gel skin is good for scratches and dust preventation, but it won't protect against the drop damage.
    02-07-09 11:54 PM
    User may need a surplus Army helmet, or a liberal application of Krazy Glue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 01:27 AM
    So this week alone, I've dropped my BB in the tub, had it slide off the roof of my car onto the concrete, and had it fall out of my vest onto the concrete. The last fall today really pissed it off and I couldn't get it to come back on for hours. I've decided that it's (way) past time for me to get some protection.

I am concerned about weight and appearance. I need it to withstand me dropping it once a week though.

What do you guys recommend? I have an 8310
    For butter fingered klutz types, I suggest a hard case with a lanyard. A Lanyard is one of those loops you put around your neck or belt loop, so when/if you drop it, it NEVER hits the floor. (unless you were silly and got one longer than you needed, for your height.
    02-08-09 01:56 AM
    Thanks guys. Your suggestions are both helpful, and amusing. Amazingly, my phone is the only electronic I drop.

BlkBear, do you have any suggestions for ones with lanyards? I looked but didn't find any with that option.
    02-08-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD