I love the latest and greatest smartphones. I bought the curve last may and loved it but had to get the storm in Nov and learned to love it. We go crazy thinking about the perfect case or screen protector, but why? Unless we are passing it down to our grandchildren one day, we will probably become tired of it before it gets too many scratches or dings.

So how about you. How long do you keep your phones?
    02-07-09 11:14 AM
    the longest I have kept a phone was 6 months... LOL
    02-07-09 11:16 AM
    It depends on the features but likely technology we gain something useful and loose something great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 11:20 AM
    I keep my phones for about 20 months, then upgrade with my NE2 with Verizon, unless the phone drops dead before then.

02-07-09 11:23 AM
    My very first cellphone was a Motorola StarTac Timeport edition back in 2001. Had that phone for 4 years and then got a Samsung A6something (I forget off the top of my head) in the summer of 2004. Had the Samsung till November of 2007 when I got the LG Venus. December of 2008 picked up the Storm.

As you can see the pattern I have no problems holding on to a phone if it is a really great device. The LG Venus was a good phone but I just wasn't super satisfied owning it plus I started to want to switch gears and enter the world of smartphones.

By the way throughout this whole journey.... Always on Verizon Wireless.
    02-07-09 11:30 AM
    I get tired of a phone real quick and always want the latest one out there, I haven't had a phone for more than a year at a time.
    02-07-09 11:33 AM
    The longest I have ever had a phone was two years
    until I broke in half. I can see myself having a storm for a long time

02-07-09 11:36 AM
    I get tired of a phone real quick and always want the latest one out there, I haven't had a phone for more than a year at a time.
    I keep a phone for the length of my contract which is one year. It costs too much to change more frequently

02-07-09 11:38 AM
    I never keep a phone for more than a year. Generally I need to get one or two replacements from insurance during this time too.
    Battery Life goes to nothing after 6 months and my phones take a beating.
    02-07-09 11:57 AM
    Most I've kept one is about 8 months. However, once I got my first BB in August I've went through 5 of them! So I can say I'm definitely a Crackberry addict..
    02-07-09 12:02 PM
    About 6 months every phone.. However if nothing better has came out I'll stick with it.

So far this Bold is amazing..just short of perfect.

02-07-09 12:03 PM
    I love the latest and greatest smartphones. I bought the curve last may and loved it but had to get the storm in Nov and learned to love it. We go crazy thinking about the perfect case or screen protector, but why? Unless we are passing it down to our grandchildren one day, we will probably become tired of it before it gets too many scratches or dings.

I keep mine 6 months to 1.5 years just depending. Its important to protect it though so its in optimal condition when you are switching devices in case you want to sell it ... more damage = less money.
    02-07-09 12:23 PM
    Longest has been a year. But usual time is 6 mos. or so. usually as soon as I can scam a upgrade out of VZW. Already have the ok to jump to the 8930 when it drops.
    02-07-09 12:26 PM

Usually a year or so... Then I buy the newest phone on the market and continue this process... lol.. Unless I love my phone to much to get rid of it... haha
    02-07-09 12:33 PM
    2 years max
    02-07-09 12:34 PM
    Anywhere from 15-20 months unless something bad happens.
    02-07-09 12:34 PM
    Two years always

02-07-09 12:47 PM
    hmmm. Depends on whether there is a phone will more/better features out there. That being said, usually around 6 mths. lol
    02-07-09 12:48 PM
    Pffft I go through phone like an old shirt that I get tired of! I've had my curve for a little over half a year and the only way I am gonna put that baby down is for the new 8900!
    02-07-09 12:50 PM
    Anywhere from 15-20 months unless something bad happens.
    I have had a mobile phone since 1990. I generally get a new one every 18 months. If I had kept my first brick (if bit still worked on verizon) I figure I would have saved about ten thousand dollars in software, cases, chargers and extended batteries. Not to mention the cool factor of a phone the size of my forearm. Unfortunately I don't see the pattern changing any time soon. I think every new phone is the greatest, for at least six months.

02-07-09 12:50 PM

3-4 months - depending on what's new. I usually sell them before they lose more than 1/3 of their value to stay "afloat".
    02-07-09 12:51 PM
    With my first three phones, I kept them for the two years until I renewed my contract. Now with the last four phones, I've kept them anywhere from 6-8 months.

02-07-09 12:52 PM
    I've had 8 the past 2 1/2 years and have gotten everyone at new contract price

02-07-09 12:54 PM
    Longest- 3.5 years (Nokia 3620 (AT&T) Cell Phone reviews - CNET Reviews)

Shortest- 3 months (Nokia 3650 Phone (AT&T / T-Mobile) - Mobiledia)

i don't like to change phones very often. on average i have them for a year, especially the current phones i've had. the newer phones seem to be coming out with features that i need since i don't have a computer

the blackerry is the last stop for me, it has everything i need. the only upgrade i may make is to a world phone.

otherwise (if i don't do that) i'll probably keep my 8330 for 2 or 3 years.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-07-09 at 01:08 PM.
    02-07-09 12:55 PM
    usually 8 - 12 months for me, then i get to add another one to the collection i have going in my top drawer!
    02-07-09 01:11 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD