View Poll Results: Which Browser do you prefer?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Default BB Broswer

31 40.26%
  • Opera Mini

30 38.96%
  • Bolt

15 19.48%
  • Other

1 1.30%
    I downloaded opera mini today and it seems to be decent.

For those of you who have tried both which seems to be better?
    02-06-09 09:10 PM
    I think bolt is a little faster. Their both way faster then the Browser, but I can't stand having to do "workarounds" for it to work.
    02-06-09 09:20 PM
    I just got done testing on OS.99 and by far OPERA Mini is WAY better then bolt.

Even when I was on OS.75 (yesterday) Opera out performs and is easier to use.

On bolt you have that stupid arrow to contend with! I hate it.

But now with OS.99 the BB browser is almost as fast.
    02-06-09 09:33 PM
    I think Bolt is a tad faster, but I find Opera seems to be way easier to use to me. Might be because I've used Opera since I've had BB's. Also I can't seem to ever click accurately the first time on Bolt. I don't know if its me or the browser.
    02-06-09 09:49 PM
    I just got done testing on OS.99 and by far OPERA Mini is WAY better then bolt.

Even when I was on OS.75 (yesterday) Opera out performs and is easier to use.

On bolt you have that stupid arrow to contend with! I hate it.

But now with OS.99 the BB browser is almost as fast.
    I only had .75 for a day before updating to .99 and I have noticed myself that the BB browser is nearly as fast as opera mini. It does seem though that the BB broswer tends to default to mobile sites more often than opera
    02-06-09 09:56 PM
    tried them both wish they could combine them both and make a super browser for the storm lol wishful thinking. i prefer the opera mini, it allows me to log into citibank vise bolt doesn't at all.
    02-06-09 10:04 PM
    I prefer Firefox over any browser, it's extremely Fast.
    02-06-09 10:05 PM
    Opera has a much better UI compared to Bolt, and it's is comparable in speed.
    02-06-09 10:10 PM
    I only had .75 for a day before updating to .99 and I have noticed myself that the BB browser is nearly as fast as opera mini. It does seem though that the BB broswer tends to default to mobile sites more often than opera
    you know you can change that right? just go to options in youre browser and where it says browser identification change it to "internet explorer" or "firefox"
    02-06-09 10:12 PM
    I prefer Firefox over any browser, it's extremely Fast.
    im not quite sure on what your talking about... are you talking using firefox on your desktop?
    02-06-09 10:17 PM
    you know you can change that right? just go to options in youre browser and where it says browser identification change it to "internet explorer" or "firefox"
    Thanks! This is my 1st berry so I still have a lot to learn
    02-06-09 10:20 PM
    im not quite sure on what your talking about... are you talking using firefox on your desktop?
    no im talking about firefox on your storm
    02-06-09 10:25 PM
    it's a shame we will never get skyfire built for blackberry! a full flash browser for windows mobile
    02-06-09 10:31 PM
    well if im not mistaken the storm doesnt run a firefox browser. infact, when you go to options>browser configuration where it says "browser:" you can only pick "internet browser"
    and sure if you scroll down to where it says "browser identification" you can pick between "blackberry", "firefox", or "internet explorer" but that is not going to make a difference in youre actual browser it 0nly acts as an identification, like lets say you want to go to nfl. com but it takes you to the wap site and you want to go to the actuall site, you have to change your browser identification to either "internet explorer" or "firefox"
    02-06-09 10:34 PM
    Opera is much faster & easier to use than either of the other 2 browsers IMO. After using it for awhile you get used to it not being optimized for the storm. The speed alone makes up for what the others have to offer.
    02-06-09 10:45 PM
    it's a shame we will never get skyfire built for blackberry! a full flash browser for windows mobile
    hmm wow i didnt know that, and i wished you never told me that because that truly is a shame
    02-06-09 10:50 PM
    I like Opera Mini better. I think it is a little faster than Bolt, and it seems easier to navigate the screen. Bolt seems real jumpy when navigating.
    02-06-09 11:01 PM
    i mainly use the bb browser but use opera mini for downloads and highly graphical sights because of the speed.
    02-07-09 06:38 AM
    BB Browser is as fast as bolt most of the time for me. I'll stick with it.
    02-07-09 07:04 AM
    Opera's UI is much better and far more usable on the Storm. The Bolt's screens, fonts, links, etc. are so small it is next to impossible for me to select anything even at XXL.
    02-07-09 10:35 AM
    I user Opera right now because it offers the best balance of speed and usability. Bolt will be HOT when it is out of beta though.
    02-07-09 03:09 PM
    I've tried both opera mini and bolt, and I really can't see what the big deal is - I like the default BB browser more than either of them.
    02-07-09 03:28 PM
    I use Opera most of the time. I wish Bolt would cache the pages so when I go back I don't have to reload the page, that is why I use Opera instead of Bolt. The bb browser is too slow, Rim needs to render the pages and then send them to us.
    02-07-09 03:34 PM
    i mainly use the bb browser but use opera mini for downloads and highly graphical sights because of the speed.
    Opera might be faster, but it is worse for image-heavy sites than the BB browser. This is because Opera will stop downloading images on a page if it starts to run low on memory. The BB browser, while slower to load a page, is more likley to display all the images.
    02-07-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD