Just received my replacement from Asurion.. Well its brand new! Came in the box sealed never opened.. Just as if i purchased a brand new one from Verizon. Its made in Mexico and build date is 1/26/09. Its a really nice device with no dust so far but has the same clicking issue my first one had.. Really hard to click around the space button area in portrait view... but i can fix that!
    As far as screen quality compared to Canadian builds and Mexican builds... I cant really tell a difference... other than my fist one (made in Canada) has a much brighter screen but that dont bother me... Overall im happy i just got a brand new phone for only 50$$$!!! Cant complain..

So when i send my old device back in the envelope they gave me... What all needs to go back with the phone? Battery? Battery Cover? Sim Card? SD Card?
    02-06-09 05:50 PM
    Im happy you are happy but if the screen has problems you shouldnt "fix them" yourself you should send it back and tell them to try again.
    02-06-09 05:52 PM
    Im happy you are happy but if the screen has problems you shouldnt "fix them" yourself you should send it back and tell them to try again.

But chances are if i send this one back they may send me a refurbished one?
    02-06-09 05:53 PM
    What all needs to go back with the phone? Battery? Battery Cover? Sim Card? SD Card?
    02-06-09 06:17 PM
    Roll the Dice. Refurbs are in the pipeline and will be flowing to all you people with minor problems but want the perfect "Storm". Good luck. The Storm is a great device no matter what others might say.
    02-06-09 06:18 PM
    I would send it all back.
    02-06-09 06:30 PM
    You got all new - all old goes back.
    02-06-09 06:34 PM
    NO, that is not correct.

DO NOT SEND BACK YOUR SD CARD.

The only thing Asurion requires is your phone, battery, and battery cover.
    02-06-09 06:41 PM
    NO, that is not correct.

DO NOT SEND BACK YOUR SD CARD.

The only thing Asurion requires is your phone, battery, and battery cover.
    What should we do with the SIM card?
    02-06-09 07:31 PM
    All they want is the phone (and back cover). No more-No Less. You keep the battery, 8g card, and all accessories.
    02-06-09 11:31 PM
    Just received my replacement from Asurion.. Well its brand new! Came in the box sealed never opened.. Just as if i purchased a brand new one from Verizon. Its made in Mexico and build date is 1/26/09. Its a really nice device with no dust so far but has the same clicking issue my first one had.. Really hard to click around the space button area in portrait view... but i can fix that!
    As far as screen quality compared to Canadian builds and Mexican builds... I cant really tell a difference... other than my fist one (made in Canada) has a much brighter screen but that dont bother me... Overall im happy i just got a brand new phone for only 50$$$!!! Cant complain..

So when i send my old device back in the envelope they gave me... What all needs to go back with the phone? Battery? Battery Cover? Sim Card? SD Card?
    EVERYTHING you have a duplicate of *should be returned.

Sure he should. Only helpless twits like you whine about the little things.

I wonder if people know how the Storm is *supposed to click anyway
    02-06-09 11:43 PM
    Yeah, you're right. He's a helpless little twit because he wants the device to work as advertised when be spent his good money for it. What a jackass...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 12:28 AM
    My first original storm had the same click issue as my new one being that the Center Middle bottom where the space button is... is hard to click down which never bothered me... but seems like every time i use it... it gets easier to click.. Nothin a little T6 cant fix... Cant complain cause i broke my first one and paid 50$ for a brand new one...

No ones gonna find the perfect storm cause their is no such thing!! Im sure each Storm out their clicks differently!
    02-07-09 02:04 AM
    Yeah, you're right. He's a helpless little twit because he wants the device to work as advertised when be spent his good money for it. What a jackass...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I love people like you!
    YOU not only fail at reading comprehension...you also fail at knowing how to handle things that happen in life.
    Seriously though, calling the OP a Jackass will not help him. Thanks.

See, if he (as you repeated like a crooked headed parrot) wants a device to work as advertised when he spent his good money for it, then HE SHOULD also learn how life works.

Things are invented, innovated, and are created/manufactured everyday in uh life. Some things work as they should, some don't.

When you realize a return policy IS in place for people who are NOT satisfied the prognosis is clear as is the remedy: DON'T KEEP THE DAMN PHONE!!!!

He can look at his BB Storm until he is blue in the face....it won't change the fact his BB is a POS, now will it?

I bought my BB Storm NOT to compete with an iphone.
    I bought my BB Storm to reliably retrieve my emails and keep me plugged in.

It does its job superbly well.
    Personally I'd rather have the BB Bold, but this won't be here until a few months down the road.

Until then, KNOW what it is you are buying and you won't have a problem -not to the extent most of us BB Storm owners have had and are posting about.

It is more than likely this OP KNEW of the problems before his 30days were up. If not, then a rock he must live under. After that 30 days its up to VZN to replace it with a FRU. So, like I said: Quit your ********, man up to your purchase and live with it. You waited 30days too long to fix the issue with the phone.
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 02-07-09 at 03:02 AM.
    02-07-09 02:59 AM
    from what I understand, Asurion is only expecting the phone back. however, if you want to do the "*right*" thing, send back everything you got replaced. If anything, I would at least swap out the SD card so you don't ahve to load everything again.
    02-07-09 03:27 AM
    I love people like you!
    YOU not only fail at reading comprehension...you also fail at knowing how to handle things that happen in life.
    Seriously though, calling the OP a Jackass will not help him. Thanks.

See, if he (as you repeated like a crooked headed parrot) wants a device to work as advertised when he spent his good money for it, then HE SHOULD also learn how life works.

Things are invented, innovated, and are created/manufactured everyday in uh life. Some things work as they should, some don't.

When you realize a return policy IS in place for people who are NOT satisfied the prognosis is clear as is the remedy: DON'T KEEP THE DAMN PHONE!!!!

He can look at his BB Storm until he is blue in the face....it won't change the fact his BB is a POS, now will it?

I bought my BB Storm NOT to compete with an iphone.
    I bought my BB Storm to reliably retrieve my emails and keep me plugged in.

It does its job superbly well.
    Personally I'd rather have the BB Bold, but this won't be here until a few months down the road.

Until then, KNOW what it is you are buying and you won't have a problem -not to the extent most of us BB Storm owners have had and are posting about.

It is more than likely this OP KNEW of the problems before his 30days were up. If not, then a rock he must live under. After that 30 days its up to VZN to replace it with a FRU. So, like I said: Quit your ********, man up to your purchase and live with it. You waited 30days too long to fix the issue with the phone.

Actually *******! I replaced the phone in the first place because i broke the screen.. not meaning too it was just stupidity!! If you could read... im not ******** about clicking issues... i was just stating something i noticed! I could care less! I have had no issues with my first storm! I bought my first storm a week after it was released... I knew of all the problems but its a damn phone! Take your head out of your *** and maybe you can see and read about what im talking about!
    02-07-09 04:24 AM
    from what I understand, Asurion is only expecting the phone back. however, if you want to do the "*right*" thing, send back everything you got replaced. If anything, I would at least swap out the SD card so you don't ahve to load everything again.
    I called them a little while ago and they said just to send the phone and battery cover nothing else!
    02-07-09 04:26 AM
    I love people like you!
    Seriously though, calling the OP a Jackass will not help him...
    lmfao talk about failing at reading comprehension...

Anyways, Good for you in being able to keep the accessories and getting a new storm for just 50 bucks masterteee
    02-07-09 05:58 AM
    2 Right u should get a new phone. My Story.

Storm #1 = Serious re boot issues. Sent Back.

Storm #2 = Serious click issues, space bar in portrait. Sent Back

Storm #3 = Phone turns up with a plastic panel missing off the bottom under the BB, return etc.. buttons. WTF!. Sent Back.

Storm #3 = ******** click issues, the whole bottom half of the screen. Sent Back.

Storm #4 = Perfect screen, Perfect Storm. Hungary 1st Feb 09. .78. All Good Babeeee

All of this in 2 weeks!!! Am i glad i was persistant to recieve a perfect phone that i dont have to peform a screen click fix in the first hour of getting it?? **** yeah!

Send it Back!

Oh also i no what u mean about it 'not being as bright a screen as the last'... its not the case tho. Go to screen/keyboard under options... and although the brightness will be at 100, change the backlight timer to a higher time aka 90 seconds, and u should see the difference.
    02-07-09 10:55 AM
    Anyone Notice he said .78? Is this a New Official OS? You have .78?!?!

I think i noobed out and didnt notice he has the 9500.... oh Well, Flame time....
    Last edited by krazykid6911; 02-07-09 at 04:05 PM.
    02-07-09 03:54 PM
    I broke my screen falling on the ice. Asurion had my new phone to me the next day. The envelope is for the phone only, it says do NOT return charger and accessories. I swapped memory cards and send the battery, phone and new sd card back. To me a "phone" is the whole phone, not just parts of it.
    02-07-09 06:41 PM
    My Storm was a problem from the beginning. Not syncing with the Mac, corrupting files. I've patiently tried to work with it for 2 months, when finally the battery started having massive drain. I'd finally had enough. BUT, even though these problems started well before my first 30 days were up, Verizon is refusing to send a NEW replacement. They will be sending a "certified like new" (read, refurb!), because I wasn't angry enough, and fast enough to throw the original in their face, when the problems started to happen.

Watch out for Verizon - and if you have problems with your phone, REPLACE IT, immediately.
    02-07-09 07:25 PM
    lmfao talk about failing at reading comprehension...

Anyways, Good for you in being able to keep the accessories and getting a new storm for just 50 bucks masterteee
    You funny guido mook you!
    READ the statement that was posted.
    Then read it again.
    02-07-09 11:52 PM
    Actually *******! I replaced the phone in the first place because i broke the screen.. not meaning too it was just stupidity!! If you could read... im not ******** about clicking issues... i was just stating something i noticed! I could care less! I have had no issues with my first storm! I bought my first storm a week after it was released... I knew of all the problems but its a damn phone! Take your head out of your *** and maybe you can see and read about what im talking about!
    At least you admit to your stupidity.
    If you really could *care less* why respond?
    Because.... YOU DO CARE!!!!!

The FACTS still remain:
    ******** about a phone that is plagued with fundamental problems (according to logic and common sense both of which you LACK) -is just pointless, misguided and useless.

Crying out loud "but it's a damn phone" isn't a viable defense.
    It is an electronic device, prone to failure and problems.

Face it. You couldn't get your Storm to work, so you only seek to bash it because you're incapable of learning how to use it without verbatum instructions on how to operate it. The hints guide didn't *do it* for you.

You're the epitome of FAIL.
    02-07-09 11:58 PM
    At least you admit to your stupidity.
    If you really could *care less* why respond?
    Because.... YOU DO CARE!!!!!

The FACTS still remain:
    ******** about a phone that is plagued with fundamental problems (according to logic and common sense both of which you LACK) -is just pointless, misguided and useless.

Crying out loud "but it's a damn phone" isn't a viable defense.
    It is an electronic device, prone to failure and problems.

Face it. You couldn't get your Storm to work, so you only seek to bash it because you're incapable of learning how to use it without verbatum instructions on how to operate it. The hints guide didn't *do it* for you.

You're the epitome of FAIL.

You obviously have no life if you spend all your time on here bashing people and talking sh*t on here for no apparent reason. Its not that big of a deal!!! Its ignorant fuks like you that make these forums trashy!

Keep your bashing and sh*t talking comments to yourself!

Thanks
    Last edited by masterteee89; 02-08-09 at 06:01 AM.
    02-08-09 05:58 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD