this just out verizon is changing its new for 2 policy and free 30 day trial policy. learn more @ www.phonescoop.com link works google it
    Last edited by xcrackberryx; 02-06-09 at 03:31 PM.
    02-06-09 03:25 PM
    Your link isn't working for me, but I heard about them lowering the NE2 discounts.
    02-06-09 03:28 PM
    The 100 going to 50 and the 50 is going to 35. You are grandfathered in IF you already used your NE2. IF you have been saving one AND you use it before the new plan goes in to effect then you will be grandfathered in to the old plan. This of course will not do if you are waiting on Niagra, BUT your pending NE2 is already grandfathered so you'd get the 50 or 100 this time, BUT not next time. I have heard this goes in to effect mid Fed (the 13th is sticking out in my mind, but I'm not sure)

EDIT: Directly from Phone Scoop
    Verizon Wireless Changes Test Drive and New Every Two Programs
    Today, 12:58 PM by Eric M. Zeman

Today Verizon Wireless announced that it is making changes to its Test Drive and New Every Two programs. It is canceling the Test Drive program entirely. Under the terms of Test Drive, anyone who was unsatisfied with Verizon Wireless' services could return their equipment and have all fees for usage during that Test Drive period waived if they ported the number to another service. Verizon will, however, continue its 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If, after 30 days, customers are not satisfied with their service, they can return the equipment and get out of their contract. The difference is, they will have to pay for the calls and usage during that first 30 days. Verizon is also making changes to is New Every Two program. Verizon was a bit vague about how it will change, and said, "The prices and variety of phones and other wireless devices have evolved and changed considerably over the past few years, so we have updated our New Every Two policy to reflect this evolution in device pricing. Customers will continue to derive value from our New Every Two program." These changes will take place starting on February 15.

from Verizon Wireless
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-06-09 at 03:35 PM.
    02-06-09 03:32 PM
    Yeah that's BS, especially since they're lowering the $100 down to $50, only 50% of what it was previously?

I think they should at least only lower it to $70, which is the same percentage as the $35 is when compared to the previous $50.
    02-06-09 03:38 PM
    Yeah that's BS, especially since they're lowering the $100 down to $50, only 50% of what it was previously?

I think they should at least only lower it to $70, which is the same percentage as the $35 is when compared to the previous $50.
    Those are just the numbers I heard, rumor not fact we'll see when we can read the "small print" on the 15th I just used mine for the Storm so my next 1 is grandfathered (Storm Slider in 2010, or Bold Touch?)
    02-06-09 03:41 PM
    So help me understand... if I have a NE2 that is available after April 26th 2009, then will I be getting $100 or only $50?

Or do the changes only affect contracts signed after Feb. 15th 2009?
    02-06-09 03:49 PM
    Only the credits have changed, and it only applies to customers who signed a 2 year contract on or after 2/15/2009.

Also Test Drive is discontinued for customers who activate a new line of service
    on or after 2/15/09. The 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee will continue.
    02-06-09 04:06 PM
    This has already been posted several times starting about 2 weeks ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 04:30 PM
    So help me understand... if I have a NE2 that is available after April 26th 2009, then will I be getting $100 or only $50?

Or do the changes only affect contracts signed after Feb. 15th 2009?
    Your April NE2 is not affected, just your one AFTER that.
    02-06-09 08:39 PM
    geesh glad I just updated...
    02-07-09 04:46 PM
    Boy am I glad I don't do business with Verizon anymore. Just another example of how terrible I think they are.
    02-07-09 04:48 PM
    Boy am I glad I don't do business with Verizon anymore. Just another example of how terrible I think they are.
    Considering the big discounts that ATT and Sprint give you every 2 years right? Oh wait...
    02-07-09 04:50 PM
    Considering the big discounts that ATT and Sprint give you every 2 years right? Oh wait...
    I get an upgrade discount with AT&T 4 months before the 2 year contract is up.
    02-07-09 04:56 PM
    My Curve was free on Sprint with a 2 year extention. Pretty good discount.

02-07-09 09:00 PM
    verizon is trying to pay for Alltel.
    02-07-09 09:10 PM
    I get an upgrade discount with AT&T 4 months before the 2 year contract is up.
    So do I with Verizon. What kind of discounts does AT&T give?

02-07-09 09:47 PM
    Thanks for the tip...appreciate it!
    02-07-09 09:49 PM
    verizon is just plain old stupid.
    02-07-09 10:08 PM
    Verizon is just doing what the market will bear. They are not giving away anything that sheep...er, um... people are WILLING to pay for.

I just got my 8330 free with the NE2 program. I had to b*tch & complain, escalating to two levels of supervisors/managers, about how I have been a customer for almost 7 years.... yadda-yadda.

Eventually, they caved and gave me the phone.

I'm guessing most people with Verizon will just go, "Oh... OK." And accept it. That's how it goes.

They are all about PROFIT... maximum profit!!!
    02-07-09 11:11 PM
    Yes I agree.. Verizon tends to be a little high especially when it comes to new hardware and data packages. If they would just lower their prices a little they would take over the entire market since their coverage is so good.. Always been such a trade off when it comes to cell phone companies.. never can find one carrier that has every little thing you want.. sux.
    02-08-09 12:47 AM
    dang thats crazy
    02-08-09 03:13 AM
    Yes I agree.. Verizon tends to be a little high especially when it comes to new hardware and data packages. If they would just lower their prices a little they would take over the entire market since their coverage is so good.. Always been such a trade off when it comes to cell phone companies.. never can find one carrier that has every little thing you want.. sux.
    Those cell sites to provide the coverage they do have to be payed for. Take a look at Sprint's policies and compare them with Verizon's and you'll see why Sprint is barely staying afloat and Verizon is at the top.
    02-08-09 07:10 AM
    Sprint is barely staying afloat because the purchase of Nextel turned into a huge sinker pulling them under and not paying off like they expected.
    02-08-09 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD