Me and my Storm.

My wife and I bought ours mid November of last year, and since then we both have had zero issues.

I am still running OS: 75

I have done most of the tips and tricks posted in CB.

As far as 3rd party apps I have: Opera, Bolt, QuickPull, BuzzMe, QuickLaunch, StormStat, FileLock, File Manager Pro, Accelerometer ball, Magic 8 ball, AP Moble, Capture It, Slacker, FlyCast, Fortune Cookie, Viigo, etc.

I also have about a dozen launchers!

My battery lasts all day from 5 a.m. till about 11 p.m. With in any given day I download and sample apps, and launchers, I do softpulls when prompted to, I do daily cleanups and my Storm has been running great.

Yes the BB browser is a bit slow but that's why I use Opera.

Have I thought about a leaked version? Yes I have. I have 99 loaded on my PC at home right now, but I just can't do it cause I don't want to start having problems.

Was the Storm worth the money? YES!

And now since Opera, Slacker, and Bolt released new versions I am even happier!

If Verizon releases a new OS then I will get it for sure but if they don't. . . and there is a chance leaked OS's might be all we ever see, then I'm happy!

To think I have a little computer in my pocket is just AWESOME!!!!

thanks,
    James
    02-05-09 02:49 PM
    I have had as few of problems with my storm as I had with my 8830WE. I love mine too.
    02-05-09 02:59 PM
    Me and my Storm.

My wife and I bought ours mid November of last year, and since then we both have had zero issues.

I am still running OS: 75

I have done most of the tips and tricks posted in CB.

As far as 3rd party apps I have: Opera, Bolt, QuickPull, BuzzMe, QuickLaunch, StormStat, FileLock, File Manager Pro, Accelerometer ball, Magic 8 ball, AP Moble, Capture It, Slacker, FlyCast, Fortune Cookie, Viigo, etc.

I also have about a dozen launchers!

My battery lasts all day from 5 a.m. till about 11 p.m. With in any given day I download and sample apps, and launchers, I do softpulls when prompted to, I do daily cleanups and my Storm has been running great.

Yes the BB browser is a bit slow but that's why I use Opera.

Have I thought about a leaked version? Yes I have. I have 99 loaded on my PC at home right now, but I just can't do it cause I don't want to start having problems.

Was the Storm worth the money? YES!

And now since Opera, Slacker, and Bolt released new versions I am even happier!

If Verizon releases a new OS then I will get it for sure but if they don't. . . and there is a chance leaked OS's might be all we ever see, then I'm happy!

To think I have a little computer in my pocket is just AWESOME!!!!

thanks,
    James
    I second this. There simply aren't enough people talking about how great they think it is.
    02-05-09 03:07 PM
    Which opera do u have. Just curios. Was wondering if there was a newly released one. I have 4.2 final. Only reason I ask is because on some pages some pictures on the site won't show.
    02-05-09 03:10 PM
    I love mine too. Even when it has problems. I see them as a challenge. I'm running .99 though, and I haven't had many problems and I'm really enjoying my phone!

Although it must be said that I'll enjoy it more with more games and themes
    02-05-09 03:11 PM
    Me too. How's Opera? I've been thinking about switching from the stock browser but wanted something compatible and worry-free.
    02-05-09 03:14 PM
    Opera Mini 4.2 is the latest.

And for me it's lightening fast!

rw6497, post a one of those sites and I can see if they show on mine.

NickParsons, I use Opera for everything fun. But I found using the stock browser for apps and installs is best. If you use Opera for this it still launches the bb browser to achieve your request.

karalinagirl, You are the most beautiful member in all of CB! Honest!
    02-05-09 03:26 PM
    I've had my Storm for two weeks (3yr+ with Nokia N series before) and I love it. I am getting more use out of the feature than I ever did on the Nokias.

Totally converted and confirmed BB lover.
    02-05-09 03:34 PM
    People are far more likely to publically discuss a bad experience vs a good one.

I too love my Storm and have had no issues and I've had it since launch day.

I've had some less than stellar OS versions but other than that, no problems.
    02-05-09 04:04 PM
    "Ihave had zero issues, plenty of great apps like quick pull."

LOL give me a break.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 04:17 PM

LOL give me a break.

Thats not quite what he said but thanks for twisting the OPs words.

I'm starting to think you're a troll.

Feel free to say it, we think our Storm is working well but in reality its slow and buggy right? Its not as fast as the iPhone or my iPod Touch sitting in my living room (although it actually is...cept for the Wi-Fi internet on the iPod...for obvious reasons).
    02-05-09 04:25 PM
    Granted I've had problems... But my Storm kicks ***. This phone just isn't for everyone.
    I loved Verizon, and I loved the fact that I can convert than drag and drop xvids to my phone.
    And then it happened. On the first day of Febuary 2009, the clouds parted and God said 'Let there be Slacker!'

02-05-09 04:53 PM
    Thats not quite what he said but thanks for twisting the OPs words.

I'm starting to think you're a troll.

Feel free to say it, we think our Storm is working well but in reality its slow and buggy right? Its not as fast as the iPhone or my iPod Touch sitting in my living room (although it actually is...cept for the Wi-Fi internet on the iPod...for obvious reasons).
    I have to agree with your assessment. Looks like there are more and more of us with perfectly functioning Storms.
    02-05-09 04:57 PM
    Why on earth would anyone have a Storm AND iPod touch? LOL that alone proves what a pile the Storm is.
    02-05-09 05:26 PM
    Why on earth would anyone have a Storm AND iPod touch? LOL that alone proves what a pile the Storm is.

I guess that's one way to crash a rave thread.
    02-05-09 05:30 PM
    Magic 8 Ball!!! Where did you find that?!?! I want it!! LOL
    02-05-09 05:36 PM
    If you don't have anything positive to say then kindly leave this thread!
    02-05-09 05:37 PM
    Lol @ RCCollins.. Don't even want to begin with that trash.

02-05-09 05:37 PM

LOL give me a break.

Why can't I (we) have one thread in this forum with out this crap?

Huh?

Please tell me!
    02-05-09 05:39 PM
    Magic 8 Ball!!! Where did you find that?!?! I want it!! LOL
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ma...-storm-141829/

I had trouble at first cause I didn't understand how to do somethings but it's explained in this thread.

See I'm happy again!
    02-05-09 05:42 PM
    The Storm ROCKS!

I love my Storm as well.

Just ignore the negative comments that are left on this thread.
    02-05-09 05:55 PM
    The Storm ROCKS!

I love my Storm as well.

Just ignore the negative comments that are left on this thread.

Agreed.
    02-05-09 06:23 PM
    I was @ Bed Bath and Beyond this last weekend and I picked this up.

Bed Bath & Beyond - As Seen On TV Micro Fiber™ Miracle Cloth (Set of 4)

These are great for the screen. No liquid required and you can get so crystal cleear that you can see the censor dots.

WOW
    02-05-09 06:27 PM
    I upgraded to .99 and am having no problems, although I didn't have any problems with .75 either. I really like the Storm and it will only get better with time.

OP thanks for the thread, it's nice to have a rave thread to break the monotony(sp?) of all the whining :P
    02-05-09 07:08 PM
    OH YEAH! No problem!
    02-05-09 07:14 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD