To pick up the latest version head to www.google.com/gmm from your BlackBerry browser or read more at this link from your PC.

Google Latitude

From your mobile phone - View your friends� locations and status messages and share yours with them. (Supported phones)

Supported phones - Mobile Help

From your computer - View your friends� locations and status messages on a full screen even without a compatible phone or data plan. Click here to see your friends from your PC.

http://m.google.com/latitude

Share locations
    Location sharing starts only when both you and a friend agree. Invite friends via email or easily add them from your Gmail contacts.
    Control Privacy
    You can share, set, or hide your location - or turn off Google Latitude - from the privacy menu. You can also hide your location or share only a city-level location with certain friends.
    Share Status
    Create a status message and upload your photo within Latitude. It also syncs directly with Google Talk. Check your friends� status messages to see what your friends are up to.
    Contact Your Friends
    Quickly contact your friends with an SMS, IM, or phone call. You can also get directions to lead you to your friends.

Article: Google Maps v3.0 – New Latitude Find A Friend Feature | BerryReview.com �
    Info Source:Official Google Mobile Blog: Locate your friends in real time with Google Latitude
    02-05-09 01:22 PM
    I was checking this out earlier..
    02-05-09 01:25 PM
    Still doesn't seem to talk with the GPS chip in the Verizon 8330, but the location info is now within a 3 block radius (at the moment, I'm in Brooklyn).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 01:59 PM
    Really cool application - just wish it would be accurate using my GPS from VZW

*I pray they unlock it for 3rd party apps
    02-05-09 02:09 PM
    For those having trouble downloading, make sure you're using a browser that the google site recognizes as a mobile browser.

Opera didn't work, and then to get the BB browser to work I had to change the emulation from IE to Blackberry. Once I did that the download link appeared on google.com/latitude.

I have a few gmail addresses, and set it up so that I can track myself from my google homepage. Mostly, this was done with the phone being stolen in mind, so I could track it.
    02-05-09 02:27 PM
    Still doesn't seem to talk with the GPS chip in the Verizon 8330, but the location info is now within a 3 block radius (at the moment, I'm in Brooklyn).
    Whatever you do, don't head upstate. I'm just outside Albany and I've got a lousy 3 km radius.
    02-05-09 02:35 PM
    i keep getting a error message. Network unavailable: This application requires a data connection. But i can use the web via nextel or wi-fi so i know i have data. im using a 8350i. does any one know if this phone support this app?
    02-05-09 03:23 PM
    Lol, pretty neat feature. Just wish my phone had GPS.
    02-05-09 03:48 PM
    Whatever you do, don't head upstate. I'm just outside Albany and I've got a lousy 3 km radius.
    I live upstate myself (Binghamton) but drive a truck for a living so I'm all over the place. The worst one I've seen so far was 4600m, in Bloomington, IN.

02-05-09 04:11 PM
    02-05-09 04:53 PM
    This is kinda like Loopt. I don't have any friends who has snazzy GPS-based phones. So I guess this application is kind of useless for me.
    02-05-09 06:13 PM
    I live upstate myself (Binghamton) but drive a truck for a living so I'm all over the place. The worst one I've seen so far was 4600m, in Bloomington, IN.

Snapped this one last night. The fun part is, I wasn't actually inside that circle at all. I was somewhere between where it says Ushers and Coons.
    02-07-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD