I just got a replacement (new) storm, and I used the BB desktop manager to move all the contacts and emails and so forth.

How do i wipe out the old Storm completely before mailing it back??

Sorry if it has been answered already. I did run a search under "wipe out" and couldn't find.
    02-04-09 09:58 PM
    Do a search for JL_Cmder
    You'll find it easy

But you might want to re-install the
    OFFICIAL OS back...
    02-04-09 10:01 PM
    Thanks for your help.

I've been reading a lot on this forum and I did read the post that showed how to wipe using what you stated it.

I guess that's the only way to do it. I was hoping that there is a way from Storm itself that allows to erase all the pictures and contacts and so forth. I tried to figure it out and went though basic every option on the phone, but I think I have to delete the contact one by one, individually as are the pictures.
    02-04-09 11:22 PM
    Yes there is.

Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings then hit the BB button then hit "Wipe Device". Will wipe everything except the OS.
    02-04-09 11:36 PM
    this is why i love crackberry!!!!!

Unbelieveable how many knowledge people are on this forum.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
    02-05-09 12:13 AM
    We had lost our directions on how to wipe them out.
    02-13-09 08:40 PM
    I highly recommend the stock VZN screen protector and the Zeiss Lens Cloths from Walmart (about every 3-4 days). But then, shoot, what do VZN, Zeiss, and Walmart know about anything ? I have been using the same screen protector for about 2 1/2 months and I have the instincts/characteristics of Mr. Monk when it comes to my Storm screen. In between the Zeiss Cloths, I just use a clean, soft cloth, frequently.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-13-09 at 10:02 PM.
    02-13-09 09:59 PM
    I highly recommend the stock VZN screen protector and the Zeiss Lens Cloths from Walmart (about every 3-4 days). But then, shoot, what do VZN, Zeiss, and Walmart know about anything ? I have been using the same screen protector for about 2 1/2 months and I have the instincts/characteristics of Mr. Monk when it comes to my Storm screen. In between the Zeiss Cloths, I just use a clean, soft cloth, frequently.

Doctor Neutron
    lol @ this. The OP was asking how to "wipe clean" the DATA on the device, not the OUTSIDE.
    02-24-09 08:14 PM
    i am using a storm on the verizon network, and im running into a similar issue.

if i do the memory wipe, will i be able to get my same blackberry email addy again?? i have alot of emails coming specifically to it
    09-19-09 06:39 AM
    yes your email addy will not change
    09-19-09 11:01 PM

Doctor Neutron
    You sir just made my day roflmao.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:08 AM

Doctor Neutron
    haha.. lol.
    09-20-09 03:07 AM
    my storm 1 stopped working.
    It will not turn on.

Verizon sent me a new one.
    How can I wipe all old info, contacts, calandar, etc before I send it in, if it can not turn on?

Thanks
    Mike in Seal Beach
    12-29-09 09:40 PM
    When I wipe my device...will it stay unlocked? I'm using an unlocked storm and I am ready to sell it. Will it still be unlocked? Thanks.
    03-22-10 05:54 PM
    When I wipe my device...will it stay unlocked? I'm using an unlocked storm and I am ready to sell it. Will it still be unlocked? Thanks.
    i think it will stay unlock....
    03-22-10 06:08 PM
    Once it's unlocked, it stays unlocked!
    03-22-10 08:49 PM
    Newbie here...do you unlock first and then wipe or wipe and then unlock?
    Thanks in advance.
    08-01-10 04:26 PM
    Here's an easy way to wipe your personal info from your Storm2.

From the home screen select the "Options" icon... then go to:
    Security Options > Security Wipe > then: Select the data you wish to wipe; then enter "blackberry" to confirm device wipe.
    11-21-11 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD