If you're gonna drop $200+ on one of the nicest phones made, why ruin it's looks with some ugly transformer looking box that renders the touchscreen and half the buttons useless. Don't tell me it's to protect it from scratches and drops, thats BS. My Storm is my third BlackBerry, I've always used the silicone cases and I've never needed a replacement. $9.99 silicone case and $9.99 plastic screen protector is all you need for a Storm, and it will look as good as the day you bought it. I would rather have my phone scratched to **** than turn it into an ugly brick with one of these:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mon...review-151955/
    02-04-09 03:21 PM
    The silicone cases aren't exactly attractive either. I have the Innocase Hybrid and I think it's a pretty good one.
    02-04-09 03:24 PM
    02-04-09 03:26 PM
    Why do you care what other people do with their phone?
    02-04-09 03:28 PM
    Some people are just REALLY clumsy or have jobs that are hazardous to the phone. The bottom line is: it's a $500 phone. Even though most of us paid $200 for it, it IS a $500 phone, and people have the right to protect their investments, even if it makes them look like a tool.

Who are we to tell anyone they can't/shouldn't get a Storm just because they're clumsy or have a job that puts the device at high risk to get damaged? It's their money and they can spend it how they want. It doesn't make them smart, but it's really none of our business, you know?

My Storm is naked except for the factory screen protector, but I keep it holstered most of the time. I might get IS or GA or something if I could have it professionally installed and be confident it would look good, but I don't think even that is necessary for me. Other people find it necessary. What's it to me? Nothing.

Of course we're also entitled to think that the Otterbox or any other given case is @#$% ugly and people who use them look like tools.
    02-04-09 03:28 PM
    =)

Hey Alan, Great signature there bro... You used to be a Marine?
    02-04-09 03:29 PM
    Some people are just REALLY clumsy or have jobs that are hazardous to the phone. The bottom line is: it's a $500 phone. Even though most of us paid $200 for it, it IS a $500 phone, and people have the right to protect their investments, even if it makes them look like a tool.

Who are we to tell anyone they can't/shouldn't get a Storm just because they're clumsy or have a job that puts the device at high risk to get damaged? It's their money and they can spend it how they want. It doesn't make them smart, but it's really none of our business, you know?

My Storm is naked except for the factory screen protector, but I keep it holstered most of the time. I might get IS or GA or something if I could have it professionally installed and be confident it would look good, but I don't think even that is necessary for me. Other people find it necessary. What's it to me? Nothing.

Of course we're also entitled to think that the Otterbox or any other given case is @#$% ugly and people who use them look like tools.
    lol @ the last line.
    02-04-09 03:37 PM
    I would rather have my phone scratched to **** than turn it into an ugly brick with one of these:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mon...review-151955/
    What in the world is that?!?!?!? I would never use that **** ugly a$$ thing

OUCH!!!!

I just use the OEM BB leather sleeve
    02-04-09 03:42 PM
    i agree some people have jobs that require rugged cases and it is good manuf.are accomading. **** what ever works. some dont like proctection and some want the highest types you can buy!
    02-04-09 03:49 PM
    mine is completely naked. thats how i like it.
    02-04-09 03:51 PM
    Who knows? Why do people put ugly wallpapers on their phones?
    02-04-09 03:55 PM
    When you come do my Job then, you will know why I use them...... Then we will talk.

Just my .02
    02-04-09 03:59 PM
    I don't really like any cases because I like to feel and see the nice design of the phone, but then again I want it to be protected. Right now I have nothing on it, I'm thinking probably the innocase II though, loos pretty nice.
    02-04-09 04:04 PM
    And for the record I actually have two silicone cases. I just think that the naked phone is definitely the best looking. But I don't like how the Invisible Shield, etc stuff looks on the body of the phone after it's several months old so I have been forcing myself to use some kind of skin/case to avoid destroying the chrome. This post actually inspired me to swap from my Innocase Hybrid to my black OEM silicone skin to switch things up. lol.
    02-04-09 04:05 PM
    Naked bb allday for me here. That's why I have insurance on the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 04:19 PM
    I'm not saying to leave the phone bare, but there is a happy medium between a phone that could get damaged and a phone that looks so hideous you might as well let it get damaged. Like I said above, my phone uses either the silicone case or the OEM leather holster. I have dropped it in the silicone and nothing happens to it. I used to throw my 8830 across the room cause I knew it was fine in the silicone.

By the time you spend $40+ on a case you could just pay the insurance claim to get a new phone. But with such an ugly case, what exactly are you protecting? The beauty of your phone? You'll never see it so why bother protecting it?
    02-04-09 04:21 PM
    I'm not saying to leave the phone bare, but there is a happy medium between a phone that could get damaged and a phone that looks so hideous you might as well let it get damaged.

But with such an ugly case, what exactly are you protecting? The beauty of your phone? You'll never see it so why bother protecting it?
    Again, different people have different circumstances. Some people are extraordinarily clumsy or have jobs that put the phone at risk to get damaged. These people are probably not too concerned with the esthetics of their phone in the first place, but with utility. In some situations (especially hazardous jobs), the phone may be rendered unusable if unprotected. I don't think the people who are in those situations and get heavy/bulky/ugly cases do so to protect their phone (mainly) from cosmetic damage, but from serious damage that would render the phone unusable. I don't blame them at all for doing this and neither should you.

Now, if the case itself renders the phone unusable... I would raise a brow- but even in those cases, people may just be trying to protect their phone when not in use, and they remove it from the case when it is in use. You just never know, and it's honestly not a big deal or any of our business anyway.
    02-04-09 04:27 PM
    I always use protection, regardless of how it looks or feels!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 04:31 PM
    I use a gorgeous leather pouch
    02-04-09 04:51 PM
    I'm in the towing business and the Otterbox seemed like the perfect case for me. I actually crushed a previous phone under my flatbed a few years ago accidentally. It's a good idea for me. However, right now the OB sucks, so hopefully they can get it right and replace it
    02-04-09 04:56 PM
    I have a sheer pink silicone. I have a black silicone with cute pink flowers. I have the screen protectors. I have insurance. I am covered!
    02-04-09 05:02 PM
    =)

Hey Alan, Great signature there bro... You used to be a Marine?
    nope, no military, just love Full Metal Jacket

and I like attention!!!, lol
    02-04-09 06:57 PM
    just a screen cover and belt clip works for me
    02-07-09 05:19 PM
    My wife hates the silicone case. She has long hair and it grabs her hair.
    02-08-09 02:06 AM
    BSE IS GA PS is the way to go!

I'm rocking Phantomskinz
    02-08-09 03:30 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD