Is there a way to check when you are available to upgrade? And do you think I could upgrade early if I'm going from a one year contract to a two year contract? I really want to get the new 8900 and can't wait till August!
    02-04-09 10:17 AM
    call or go online. tmobile has a chat help thingy on their site that is pretty convenient.
    02-04-09 10:56 AM
    As far as I know you can upgrade as long as it has been more than six months since last upgrade. You may not get the full discount that you otherwise would if you had waited 2 years.

I extended my contract for two more years (back in March 2008) and got a full discount on my curve. I just went back in December and bought an 8820 with a partial discount.

Call them and they will tell you what kind of an upgrade (discount) you qualify for...
    02-04-09 11:31 AM
    I'm on the one year right now so I'm thinking if I upped it to the 2 year they might go ahead and give me a full upgrade...guess I'll just have to call and ask. I hate talking to cellphone companies.
    02-04-09 02:50 PM
    call or go online. tmobile has a chat help thingy on their site that is pretty convenient.
    Am I just an idi0t...I don't see this Chat Help? I know that AT&T has a Chat Help, but I'm not seeing it on T-Mobile.
    02-04-09 04:37 PM
    Am I just an idi0t...I don't see this Chat Help? I know that AT&T has a Chat Help, but I'm not seeing it on T-Mobile.
    I was going to ask this too, I don't see a chat feature anywhere.
    02-05-09 02:26 PM
    I was going to ask this too, I don't see a chat feature anywhere.
    There's not an obvious way (such as a link or button) to get to the live chat that I am aware of. I have used Live Chat several times and the easiest way to get to it is to click on "Contact Us" and then "Send us an email." You have to fill in the boxes and click next. It will try to pull up any relevant topics but hit next again. Then it will ask if you want to send the email or there will be an option for the Live Chat. I don't know why Tmobile makes it so difficult.

Btw, Live Chat is great for the most part. Sometimes you may get a rep that hasn't a clue about whats going on. You may have to try a couple times.
    02-05-09 04:20 PM
    There's not an obvious way (such as a link or button) to get to the live chat that I am aware of. I have used Live Chat several times and the easiest way to get to it is to click on "Contact Us" and then "Send us an email." You have to fill in the boxes and click next. It will try to pull up any relevant topics but hit next again. Then it will ask if you want to send the email or there will be an option for the Live Chat. I don't know why Tmobile makes it so difficult.

Btw, Live Chat is great for the most part. Sometimes you may get a rep that hasn't a clue about whats going on. You may have to try a couple times.
    Ah ok, got it. Also, an lol from our conversation:

Elma S: For those who registered or activated their account prior to June 28, 2008, the ETF is prorated.

Sean Sullivan: and what is that rate?

Elma S: Since your account was created May 2008, I apologize however the ETF will be a flat rate of $200.

Sean Sullivan: May is before June
    02-05-09 04:51 PM

Cool thanks for the help, I'll try that out!
    02-05-09 04:56 PM
    I guess they don't have alot of agents sitting around doing chats or they'd have a more easily accessible Chat Link.
    02-05-09 05:02 PM
    The chat is working wonderfully! So far I've found out that I qualify for a 15% discount through my work and that I can upgrade early from my 1 year plan to a 2 year plan and get the new Curve 8900 at full discount price! Also getting some questions answered about last months bill. Thanks so much for helping me find this chat feature...I hate talking to reps on the phone!
    02-05-09 05:29 PM
    Your welcome. I hate talking to Reps on the phone too. The reps on chat can do most of what the phone reps can do. I changed my account and a couple other things through them. I tried to cancel one of my lines on the account through Chat but they said I would have to call or go to a store.
    02-05-09 10:44 PM
    cool got it working. thnx. now lets see if they can do what calling in couldn't I'm curious
    02-06-09 04:18 PM
    From what I have been told, the chat reps and the phone reps are the same people. Only diff is some of the phone reps are also chat reps as well. They just have a pool of the reps in which ever call center, handle the chat as well as phone. These are normally the reps that can get an answer quickly and turn the line over.
    02-08-09 03:10 AM
    I could get you an 8900 for 269.99. Or whatever t Mobile will charge you with a 2 year contract. Only diff is that you wont have to stay chained to that contract.
    02-08-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD