My Sprint Nav started prompting me with a 24-hour ($2.99) or monthly ($9.99) purchase choice when I tried to use it. This is incorrect as I have the SEP and have used my Sprint Nav many times in the past with no problems. I called CS and they had me delete the app. They then sent me a link to download the app and re-install it. Here is the link for OTA install: http://otacdn.telenav.com/ota/sn/nav...navigation.jad
    This will actually give you Sprint Nav version 2.10.1017. It is MUCH nicer than the original version (1.0.0.54 I believe) and it seems to run faster with more features. My old version never gave me traffic updates - this version does constantly. It also has a new feature that allows you to go to Sprint Navigation and log into your Sprint Nav account to add your favorite addresses, plan trips, etc then download this back to your BB. The interface has been improved as well. Nice job Sprint! I'm just sorry something had to go wrong for me to find out about it! Every time I start the browser I get the Sprint start page with the "Check for updates" link. I've never seen this or anything else listed in that link. I'm just glad I found out about it and highly recommend it to other Sprint Nav users!
    02-04-09 02:16 AM
    Sorry for the old info - I see now that this has already been posted here. I will say that the version I received today is a higher build # than the version shown in the earlier post - 2.10.1017 vs. 2.1.0.11 - whether there is any significant difference I can't say.
    Last edited by twinbopilot; 02-04-09 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Addtional info
    02-04-09 02:32 AM
    I didn't know about this. thanks for the update.
    02-04-09 07:56 AM
    hey that link isnt working for me
    02-04-09 09:17 AM
    If you just uninstall or delete Sprint Navigation from your phone it will automatically resend the service book and update Sprint Navigation to the newest version.
    02-04-09 09:58 AM
    02-04-09 03:14 PM
    this worked for me...

thanks!
    02-05-09 09:19 AM
    Thanks, looks like an interesting app. Wouldn't have known about it w/out this thread.
    02-05-09 10:01 AM
    Which one comes with the new os update, anyone know?
    02-05-09 10:41 AM
    I have a Pearl 8130 so I directed my browser to the web address indicated previously but replaced '8330' with '8130'. The download went smoothly, replacing the older version with the newer version. The app loads much more quickly than the older version and I like the fact that it goes directly to the navigation screen without having to go thru the 'yes I accept the terms' blah blah blah. The one feature that stuck out to me that is much needed is the ability to stop navigation. Nice if you are using the app and need to veer off route for some reason or other, gas station, etc, and don't want to hear the Sprint Navigation lady nag you to get you back on course, 'ping, new route, ping, new route' I hear ya, I hear ya! Can't say I like the font style of the updated app but I won't pick on that. Am looking forward to putting it to the test. Thanks Sprint!
    02-05-09 01:12 PM
    I don't know if this stuff is new but I like...

Record Location

Sync with Website

It's also much faster.
    02-05-09 01:26 PM
    I did like the old one better in the sense that the way the 3d map showed up was better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 05:04 PM
    thanks for the heads up, just upgraded to the newer version
    02-05-09 07:23 PM
    would anybody be able to post a screen shot of the map with the newest version? I have yet to upgrade as I really do like the compass feature. Sometimes the speedometer in my Army truck doesn't always work.
    02-05-09 10:15 PM
    Here ya go:
    02-06-09 10:15 AM
    Here's the "home" screen if you will. Note the satellite up in the top left corner.

When there's no satellites, it will have an X

Also the Font has been cleaned up very nicely. Over all the only thing missing now is the Speed on the Live map display. Not sure why they left this out because most other GPS software has this.
    02-06-09 10:19 AM
    Thanks for the pics. Still not sure I am ready to switch to the new version as I use the speed feature when i'm driving around in my army truck.
    02-06-09 10:46 AM
    Today was the first opportunity I had to try out the new version. Now understandably, it could be a satellite thing, or a Texas thing, or a me thing, but there seems to be a lot more lag in the process. I'm noticing that it seems to be behind in recognizing that a turn was made & announcing the next turn info. Noticed that happening throughout the day today. I'm confident that will be reconciled eventually though.
    02-06-09 04:20 PM
    Will this update work with a 8350i Curve?
    02-07-09 05:58 PM
    If you just uninstall or delete Sprint Navigation from your phone it will automatically resend the service book and update Sprint Navigation to the newest version.
    Thats all i did to update..Thanks
    02-07-09 08:08 PM
    Thanks for the update...

I posted a semi-related thread yesterday, but got no replies...

The context was, how does everyone update their 3rd party apps that don't get updated using RiM's "push" method?

Seems like unless you periodically check manually, or have a circumstance like this, there's no way to know...

I know it's apples and oranges, but most non-mobile (i.e. PC or notebook) apps have an option somewhere to check for updates...

I haven't discovered that with any BB apps...
    02-07-09 09:07 PM
    I know I have gone to the website before, to customize, but now I can't remember what the site is...anyone?
    02-07-09 10:45 PM
    nevermind ... Sprint Navigation
    02-07-09 10:50 PM
    whats the difference if I use "TCP" or "BIS" for Connection?
    02-08-09 01:12 AM
    I am having an annoying problem. The text seems to be off centered, shifting more to the right. I can't seem to type my email address in on the preference page because the box doesn't scroll over and I can't see what I am typing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 02:56 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD