Sorry if this thread already exists I tried to search for it and didn't see one.
    I'm thinking about getting an unlocked iphone(not to replace my bb), just wondering if anyone is using one on t-mobile? How well does it work? What data plan do you have to use?
    thanks
    02-03-09 08:43 PM
    i know people who have done it and they just used the basic tmobile data plan
    02-03-09 08:44 PM
    there is a tzones trick that you can do, if you are still able to add tzones, otherwise any basic plan should work, you just have to change the settings, which i dont know off hand.
    02-03-09 08:49 PM
    You can definitely use the iPhone on TMOB. To get the most out of it you'll need one of the SmartPhone data plans.

$24.95 - Unlimited Internet, Email & 400 Text Messages
    $34.95 - Unlimited Internet, Email and Text

Also, you'll need to call in to tech support and have them help you configure the iPhone for the TMOB network.
    02-03-09 08:49 PM
    there is a tzones trick that you can do, if you are still able to add tzones, otherwise any basic plan should work, you just have to change the settings, which i dont know off hand.
    T-Zones is gone...gotta go with one of the plans listed above.
    02-03-09 08:50 PM
    T-Zones is gone...gotta go with one of the plans listed above.
    some people still have it on their older plans. a bunch of my friends do...
    02-03-09 08:51 PM
    some people still have it on their older plans. a bunch of my friends do...
    If you have it, it still exists...if you want to add it, it's gone.
    02-03-09 08:53 PM
    Well it works, but dont expect picture mail, or native IM. I just sold my 16gb Iphone and for me it was more pain than it was worth. The internet is a little tricky, because you have to go into the settings and change it up, to wap.voicestream.com or it wont matter what kind of internet plan you have. But if your totally lost the PDA support will help you out.
    02-04-09 12:42 AM
    thanks for the info, saw one up close at a kiosk in the mall and tried it out for a few...seems pretty cool, don't know if i'll get one or not, but looking into options.
    02-04-09 05:31 AM
    Well it works, but dont expect picture mail, or native IM. I just sold my 16gb Iphone and for me it was more pain than it was worth. The internet is a little tricky, because you have to go into the settings and change it up, to wap.voicestream.com or it wont matter what kind of internet plan you have. But if your totally lost the PDA support will help you out.
    don't expect much support either if the phone isn't working either bc since it is not a TMO phone there isn't much they can do to fix it besides trying to resend settings..
    02-06-09 10:01 AM
    My wife has the iPhone on T-Mobile, very easy to use, tons of apps to download, really cool, I had it too but lost it, so now I am trying BB to change a little. to have iPhone on TMO it has to be jailbroken so you will have cydia which will let you download all the apps that the phone is missing like video recording, etc. Internet?? very easy, go to network settings and change the APN to wap.voicestream.com and leave user and password blank, any internet plan will work with those settings
    02-09-09 10:42 AM
    im on t-mobile with my iphone, you can still get t-zones, but you have to be lucky

theres a thread on modmyi.com, go to the t-mobile section and theres a tzones thread, people are still getting it
    02-09-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD