I love the AP News App, but it seems lately that more than half of the tabs show nothing. Or to be more specific, it says, "There is currently nothing to display for this news tab".

At first I thought it might be my connection being too slow, but realized that even common tabs show nothing (Local news, Wacky news, etc.)

Anybody else have this issue? I thought being AP they'd have TONS of news stories to fill all the tabs!
    02-03-09 11:59 AM
    bump......
    02-03-09 03:09 PM
    I'm looking at AP right now and all of my tabs are filling up with articles. Sometimes it can take several seconds. Every now and then you have to hit the BB button and select refresh articles.

Generally works without prompting, but every now and then....
    02-03-09 03:14 PM
    happens to me all the time
    02-03-09 03:41 PM
    I came across this thread looking for an answer to the same problem. I just went into Setting and Reset All Data...now I have stories for all tabs versus just a few of them. I know it's probably late for the OP but hopefully it helps someone.
    04-30-09 03:57 AM
    Could it be related to the fact that they want us to buy the $2.99 version?
    04-30-09 06:10 AM
    Could it be related to the fact that they want us to buy the $2.99 version?
    "Not I", said the cat!
    04-30-09 06:12 AM
    Just went to my "old" version of AP Mobile News (rumor has it that it will stip working soon) ... updated world news instantly to headlines that were updated 4 minutes ago ...you in a bad reception area?
    04-30-09 09:24 AM
    Yeah, only my "Top Stories" tab is updating. All my other tabs show stories from back in April. They won't force refresh either. Grr....and i PAID for this app! I have full bars 1XEV.
    05-07-09 08:03 AM
    The only tab I simply cannot get to update is just one specific zipcode under Local News - the one I want the most! Nothing works - not Refreshing Articles, not resetting data - nothing! All other tabs are currently updating fine, even other zipcodes under Local, although I have had periods where for days at a time I would get that "nothing to display" baloney on Wacky, Showbiz, etc. Mine is the freebie version. If I thought buying the new version would fix it, I'd do it, but the poster above says he has the same problem on a paid-for version.
    05-08-09 06:03 AM
    The only tab I simply cannot get to update is just one specific zipcode under Local News - the one I want the most! Nothing works - not Refreshing Articles, not resetting data - nothing! All other tabs are currently updating fine, even other zipcodes under Local, although I have had periods where for days at a time I would get that "nothing to display" baloney on Wacky, Showbiz, etc. Mine is the freebie version. If I thought buying the new version would fix it, I'd do it, but the poster above says he has the same problem on a paid-for version.
    Same issue here. I tried to uninstall, and reinstall, and now it won't reinstall either.
    05-09-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD