Bolt updated today to .83 works much better than .73 haven't had any freezes at 20% I suggest a download. I don't have an OTA but re enter your info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:09 AM
    .83 is still a beta no? Does it sync bookmarks like Opera Mini?
    02-03-09 08:18 AM
    No actually it got rid of mine that I had in .73 ha

02-03-09 08:51 AM
    i deleated bolt .73 where can i get the new one?
    02-03-09 08:52 AM
    According to the email I received it is a BB version.

To get the link you have to signup again @ Bolt Browser - Download

I used: crackberry as the referral code.

James

By the by, there is no need to delete the previous version. If you do you will loose all of your bookmarks and such. If you just replace the old with the new then you are given the option to transfer that data over!
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 02-03-09 at 09:07 AM.
    02-03-09 09:01 AM
    noticed the back button works now, but nothing else new
    02-03-09 09:01 AM
    Also works in landscape
    02-03-09 09:03 AM
    According to the email I received it is a BB version.

To get the link you have to signup again @ Bolt Browser - Download

I used: crackberry as the referral code.

James

WOW it's fast! But no flash (yet). When I went to WWE.com I need flash to view the videos. Oh well, it will come!
    02-03-09 09:04 AM
    noticed the back button works now, but nothing else new
    yeah it does flip to landscape now with out reloading, now upgrade was worth it
    02-03-09 09:07 AM
    You can now double tap the storm screen to zoom(split screen). Seems good so far.
    02-03-09 09:29 AM
    ok, i have a question pertaining to the bolt browser, as well as the opera browser, upon initially opening up the browser and clicking on the first link/website, there is a popup that asks me to allow it to access the internet, is there a way to enable it so it doesnt popup, so it saves my preference
    02-03-09 09:33 AM
    ok, i have a question pertaining to the bolt browser, as well as the opera browser, upon initially opening up the browser and clicking on the first link/website, there is a popup that asks me to allow it to access the internet, is there a way to enable it so it doesnt popup, so it saves my preference
    Go into you options advanced > applications find the browser in question select it and then press menu and application permissions.
    Set internet/data to allow. And whatever you want the browser to have access to and it won't ask you for access in the future.
    02-03-09 09:38 AM
    The application BOLT has attempted to access us2.mysmallplanet.com. Would you like to allow this?

It's still there.

My theory is since Bolt and Opera are not the main browser they will always have to ask permission. Also, there is no way to change the main browser to one of them so it looks like we are stuck.

James

I'm going to email Bolt's customer support and ask about it.

I just sent a email to: [email protected]
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 02-03-09 at 09:50 AM.
    02-03-09 09:40 AM
    just updated the app on my .8900, thanks!
    02-03-09 10:09 AM
    Ok guys the customer support responded with:

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in BOLT.

We are sorry for your inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

In the upgraded Bolt version 0.83 we have fixed this issue. To update BOLT
    installed on your phone, please follow the below steps

1. Launch currently installed BOLT on your phone
    2. Open web page Google
    3. Browser will prompt to update for newer BOLT version
    4. Click Download button (For Blackberry device, Press Application key and
    select Download from menu)
    5. Your phone will launch native browser and will display a web page with
    BOLT download links
    6. Click the appropriate BOLT Download link supported by your phone
    (Note: Blackberry users should click Blackberry specific BOLT download
    link on web page)
    7. Follow the steps onscreen to download and install BOLT.
    Thank you for helping us to make BOLT better by sharing yoFur feedback.

Thanks,
    BOLT Beta Support Team at Bitstream
    [email protected]
    02-03-09 10:17 AM
    Dang it! I have 0.83 and it's still doing it!

I just emailed them (again) and they replied:

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your suggestions and comments have
    been conveyed to our engineering team for review.

Thank you for helping us to make BOLT better by sharing your feedback.

Thanks,
    BOLT Beta Support Team at Bitstream
    [email protected]

Oh well.
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 02-03-09 at 10:38 AM.
    02-03-09 10:20 AM
    so i just downloaded bolt beta .. its pretty quick but i dont like how its not fully storm compatable.. you dont have to click the screen to go to a link . which is the storms best feature hopefully they can enable that somehow.
    02-03-09 10:58 AM
    Just upgraded and love that the transition from landscape to portrait is better and that the "back" button works now!
    02-03-09 12:25 PM
    Boo..killed my bookmarks

Also logins feel clumsier. Keyboard stays visible too long whether in/out of compatibility mode, and a blank white box covers part of the screen during login for me.

Still a work in progress with real potential. For now opera is my weapon of choice.

02-03-09 12:46 PM
    Tried to d/l and I get this error: ERROR: Some issue in query: URL Expired

EDIT: Got it to d/l with unsigned version.
    Last edited by jason1332; 02-03-09 at 01:03 PM.
    02-03-09 12:59 PM
    Absolutley the best browser for the blackberry. I love this thing!
    02-03-09 01:36 PM
    Bolt browser has replaced Opera Mini as my default browser (in my head, not on the blackberry...stupid RIM). The new version seems like an improvement, but with some downsides.

I like the fact that you can switch orientations, and I LOVE that the back button is now a hard key on the blackberry (awesome work, thank you!). When many people wanted double tap zoom, I don't think they meant the "magnification" bar, but I imagine that was the easiest change to make.

I wish I could shut that option off...with no click support I usually have to tap multiple times on the little links that are hard to hit right the first time. And I've managed to double tap accidentally so many times that I shut off the program before I get agitated. It doesn't help that the magnification take a few "freeze" seconds to take effect, as well as to go back to normal mode. So everytime I double tap trying to select a tiny link I have to wait the 6 seconds it takes to turn on Magnification, then to turn it back off before I can continue surfing. This is something I can consciously try to avoid by not tapping so fast, but it'd be nice to have the option off.

Is it just me or do pages load slower? They definitely load more reliably in the sense that there's no "wait for 10 seconds at 20% then the rest loads in 5 seconds", but now it's "wait for 25-35 seconds while the page loads, but counts up the percentage evenly" WAY faster than the RIM browser, but I don't think it's faster than Opera anymore (no proof, just based on my memory, someone want to do some real tests?) I've also had it freeze at 75-95% multiple times, then time out and error. When you cancel the error, the page is loaded like normal...not sure what's happening there. I've been testing crackberry.com as a rule because it seems to be the slowest loading webpage on any browser, it's so graphic intensive. Google.com loaded almost instantly, but It's a pretty simple page.

I think I'll keep it as my default browser simply because I like how it renders the pages over Opera, but I hope they can make the double tap magnification a setting you can turn on or off. Either that or make a real double tap zoom. And it'd be nice to have the original speed back! But if the speed decrease (unless it's just me) is a necessity to increase the reliability, then I suppose it's worth it. It's nice to know they're working on updates and actually incorporating our suggestions though!
    02-03-09 02:25 PM
    Do storm users still download the unsigned version?

02-03-09 02:36 PM
    hmmmm.. im going to give this another shot!
    02-03-09 02:43 PM
    Other then the permission hick-up I do love this app!
    02-03-09 02:46 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD