Is it possible to get an app that would be similar to the pattern unlock screen on the G1 on the storm?
    02-03-09 01:05 AM
    I'm working on it
    02-03-09 01:44 AM
    I'm working on it
    ETA?

or a preview screen shot?
    02-03-09 02:20 AM
    ETA?

or a preview screen shot?
    ..PLEASE..
    02-03-09 03:15 AM
    It's a work in progress

I have the graphics complete and some of the logic.

I switch back and forth from that app and another one I'm working on. The ETA should be in a few days or sometime next week I would imagine.
    02-03-09 03:44 AM
    Is it possible to get an app that would be similar to the pattern unlock screen on the G1 on the storm?
    What is it?
    02-03-09 05:12 AM
    Now I'm anxious to for you to finish it, dmglakewood. Saw it on a friends G1 and thought it was a kick *** feature.

I think it's cool that people are developing these apps for the storm themselves. Not sure if you intend to give it out for free or sell it but if you give it out, I wouldn't mind giving a donation as a thank you.
    02-03-09 06:01 AM
    Yeah are you planning on charging for it? And will it work just like the lock button, except for when you unlock it it will go to pattern unlock screen? A screen shot would be great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:47 AM
    BumpBump.

02-03-09 02:02 PM
    I hope its free if you release it =P also do you have a site that you are going to post beta or updates on?

Btw thanks

02-03-09 02:07 PM
    just buy a G1
    02-03-09 02:12 PM
    My friend (who owns a G1) told me that this isn't a third party app for the G1. It's integrated into the OS. It will be cool app for the Storm nonethless.
    02-03-09 03:45 PM
    I really like this function on my in-laws G1. Respectfully, I would be interested, if it's priced for $3 or less.

Thanks for your efforts!
    02-03-09 04:09 PM
    This would be an awesome app and a great security feature that doesn't rely on numbers commonly used by the user such as b-days and such.
    02-03-09 04:18 PM
    If I did charge for it I would keep it at the 1$ mark. I think 1$ is a fair price . Hey we all have to eat, right?

Anyways here is how it works
    • You go into the options and setup your unlock code. (I'll explain this in more detail later
    • Once the unlock code is setup all you have to do is click on the app and your phone will lock
    • To unlock your phone you will have to enter the unlock code you set.

The difference between this and the password feature that RIM offers is with RIM's you have to enter a password everytime you want to unlock it. This is time consuming, and really hard to do with one hand. With this app instead of entering a password you will have to slide your finger across the screen in the same patten you set before.

I hope this doesn't sound too confusing, it really isn't confusing at all. Here is a good video to see what I'm talking about

02-03-09 04:19 PM
    I'm not a developer so I have no idea how hard it would be to do this but... Is there any way to incorporate it into the OS so that when you hit the lock button at the top it runs this app?
    02-03-09 04:24 PM
    If I did charge for it I would keep it at the 1$ mark. I think 1$ is a fair price . Hey we all have to eat, right?
    Cool! $1 is totally affordable and I would buy it up

A thought. If your able, I would pay more for a pro version capable of using two passwords, one to lock the phone, and one to lock files/folders of my choice.

There's a file/folder lock app available, but not using a pattern password.

Anyway good luck
    02-03-09 04:40 PM
    I'm not a developer so I have no idea how hard it would be to do this but... Is there any way to incorporate it into the OS so that when you hit the lock button at the top it runs this app?
    Exactly what i wanted to know.
    02-03-09 05:14 PM
    ^^This is what we all want, to have it incorporate the lock button just how quicklaunch utilizes the convenience keys
    02-03-09 05:44 PM
    This would be great. We got some really smart fellas around here. I wouldn't know where to begin to create an app.
    02-03-09 06:06 PM
    ^^This is what we all want, to have it incorporate the lock button just how quicklaunch utilizes the convenience keys
    I don't think the lock button os re programmable.

02-03-09 06:18 PM
    I would love to see this app, using a full password is time consuming and hard
    02-03-09 06:23 PM
    Just curious, i'm good with this kind of development...

Where would one start when beginning to process of making an app.

I have ideas, I just need the tools or programs if that makes sense.
    02-03-09 06:31 PM
    Just curious, i'm good with this kind of development...

Where would one start when beginning to process of making an app.

I have ideas, I just need the tools or programs if that makes sense.
    Just download the JDE from RIM, it's free. Just need to register and all the tools are there

BlackBerry - Developer Beta Software
    02-03-09 06:38 PM
    Just download the JDE from RIM, it's free. Just need to register and all the tools are there

BlackBerry - Developer Beta Software
    Awesome! Thanks!
    02-03-09 06:40 PM
249 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD