Sitting at my computer, logged in to Yahoo Messenger, I get a new mail message notice. Weird, usually that comes to my BB right before YM give me notice. Obviously my mail isn't being pushed. So, I try to login to VZW's BIS site to try and resend service books, and that doesn't work. Weird. So I try doing a soft reset, then a battery pull. Nothing works. Finally, I bit the bulled and called Tech Support. It's a known issue they're having with BIS servers or something. They do know about the problem, but would not give an ETA on a fix. They said if mail still is not working by tomorrow morning, call again.

This is why VZW isn't pushing your e-mail right now.
    02-02-09 03:01 PM
    Thanks for this info!!! I was starting to worry because my messages are coming into the computer, but not the BB! Hope it gets fixed soon.
    02-02-09 03:44 PM
    What area is this happening in? I haven't noticed anything, having received dozens of messages today across several addresses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 03:49 PM
    I was told its a NC/SC thing, the server is down adn should be fixed in 48 hours!!! I'm confused do they have server just for certain states?
    02-02-09 03:56 PM
    I'm in Ohio. I don't know the outage, but people using other companies have reported issues, as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/any...ms-bis-150414/
    02-02-09 03:59 PM
    This wasn't specific to Verizon. It was an issue at RIM so it was effecting all carriers across the US and Canada. Didn't last very long.. for me, my BIS was only out of service for about 20 mins.. and the customer I was explaining the same thing to on the phone, had their BIS kick back in about 4 mins later.
    02-02-09 04:02 PM
    Oh. and fyi.. Verizon (or any carrier for that matter) doesn't push mail to blackberry devices. The carrier just provides the data connection so your device can communicate with the RIM servers who provide the browser and email access.
    02-02-09 04:04 PM
    I am in SW GA and still dont have email. Spoke with CS and they said there is a "blackberry outage" problem that is known but no eta on repair.
    02-02-09 04:05 PM
    Im having this issue on my Storm in Dallas. Im on the same account as my family in Houston and they are getting email just fine... sucks for me!
    02-02-09 04:06 PM
    Mine is still down...going on 4 or 5 hours.
    02-02-09 04:12 PM
    Im having this issue on my Storm in Dallas. Im on the same account as my family in Houston and they are getting email just fine... sucks for me!
    Now THAT is crazy!
    02-02-09 04:13 PM
    I was able to go to the Verizon BIS page and resend my service books, i got activation e-mail for all my accounts...
    02-02-09 04:14 PM
    This wasn't specific to Verizon. It was an issue at RIM so it was effecting all carriers across the US and Canada. Didn't last very long.. for me, my BIS was only out of service for about 20 mins.. and the customer I was explaining the same thing to on the phone, had their BIS kick back in about 4 mins later.
    Did you have to resend service books, or did all your email start streaming in unexpectedly?
    02-02-09 04:17 PM
    Mine is not working either, I'm in DC, everytime I try to log in to the BIS site, it says to check my information again, and when I click on forget my password, and put my username in, it says issue with sending to blackberry. This blows.
    02-02-09 04:18 PM
    Mine is not working either, I'm in DC, everytime I try to log in to the BIS site, it says to check my information again, and when I click on forget my password, and put my username in, it says issue with sending to blackberry. This blows.
    I was in your shoes earlier today until I decided to bite the bullet and actually call tech support. Ok, my gf did it for me...they want you to call tech support from a phone that is NOT the phone you are having an issue with...how am I supposed to do that when I'm alone in the apartment and only have a cell phone?!?!

There's gotta be a better way...
    02-02-09 04:25 PM
    Hey aceswildtru you beat me to the punch i was just about to make a post on this - but theres no updates. i just called vzw again and still there is no estimated time of completion of the repair but it does have to do with bb/rim email server. Ive noticed i havent been rec'ing email since aft 11am or so. hopefully it'll be fixd soon
    02-02-09 04:49 PM
    This outage sounds more like a spordic issue. I am in Florida and it is working just fine as of one hour ago. I got a neighborhood warning message at 410PM.
    02-02-09 04:55 PM
    The VZW rep that I spoke with said that it is affecting "some" customers. So yes, not everyone is affected.
    02-02-09 05:00 PM
    I just sent a test message from my work BB (BES) to my personal BB (BIS) and it was delayed a bit (20 minutes).
    02-02-09 05:20 PM
    I am in Michigan-I have a 8350i with Nextel and i was told by Sprint that there is a blackberry outage and they are working on it. My last email was 5:21a today.Only my email is affected.
    02-02-09 05:23 PM
    I'm with Alltel in NC and I'm having the same issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:39 PM
    Verizon here in the Chicago area....no mail on any of my accounts since early this afternoon. I just sent a test email to all my accounts and got nothing.
    02-02-09 05:46 PM
    I wondered what was going on. The e-mail on my Storm had sllowed to a trickle.
    02-02-09 05:51 PM
    Verizon in Montana. BIS is not working. Thankfully BES is.
    02-02-09 05:51 PM
    As of 6PM EST when I left work....the prob has NOT been resolved. VZW's is aware of prob and RIM has given an ETA of 24-48 hours. This was when it was 1st announced which was around 2PM EST today. The problem is sporadic and it has NOT affected everyone. I've talked to people today that can not send/rec e-mail, some don't have web browser, some don't have either. Seems to be affecting BIS customers only but I wouldn't bet on it NOT affecting BES customers.

Sorry for everyone that this is affecting right now!
    02-02-09 07:04 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD