Seido Innocase I or II for the Storm? Whats the difference and whats better? Does the phone stay in the Seido holster securely?

Thanks,
    Dan
    02-02-09 02:56 PM
    Seidio innocase II by a long shot. I first ordered the Innocase I. It comes in two halves that snap together over the storm. It was loose on one side and you could see gaps where the two halves were supposed to mate. After about a week it stopped locking on that side completely. I returned it for the Innocase II (Thanks Seidio for your professional help) It comes in two halves - you slide the storm into the top half and the bottom half secures it and snaps into the top half. Very nice fit, looks as if it came with the storm, has no creaks whatsoever, and battery pulls are much easier.
    02-02-09 03:17 PM
    I have the I and I'm starting to think I made a mistake. The top doesn't close completely-there is a gap across the top. There are also sharp edges everywhere. I may be returning it for the II.
    02-02-09 03:41 PM
    i have the 1 and i love it..... the first time u have to take it off sucks, but after that its easier.
    02-02-09 05:01 PM
    I plan on getting the II, FWIW.
    02-02-09 05:33 PM
    II for sure
    02-02-09 05:34 PM
    I have the I and I'm starting to think I made a mistake. The top doesn't close completely-there is a gap across the top. There are also sharp edges everywhere. I may be returning it for the II.
    I have the same problem but I love my I. I would be too paranoid about scratches on the face of my BB with a II.

-Cyrus
    02-02-09 05:42 PM
    I got the II last week and I LOVE it. I had purchased the VZ hard case, the Seidio FlexArmour, and a leatherskin case from Sena and still wasn't happy. The red Innocase II is fantastic. Fits great, looks great, and actually allows all the phone functions to work properly. I'm finally done case shopping thankfully....
    02-02-09 05:46 PM
    I personally think you should buy all five colors of the Innocase I and Innocase II. That way you can have a different looking phone every day for two weeks before rotating back to the beginning.

See how easy that is?

02-02-09 05:55 PM
    I personally think you should buy all five colors of the Innocase I and Innocase II. That way you can have a different looking phone every day for two weeks before rotating back to the beginning.

See how easy that is?

Hey SS, how long does it usually take for your products to ship out to the east coast? My Innocase II just shipped today and I'm curious as to when I'll be getting it this week.
    02-02-09 06:24 PM
    Just ordered the II 5 minutes ago. I cant wait!
    02-02-09 06:49 PM
    From looking at the pictures, it looks like the main difference is that "I" covers up the Lock and Mute buttons while "II" leaves these open. I've had the II for about a week and its perfect.
    02-02-09 07:14 PM
    From looking at the pictures, it looks like the main difference is that "I" covers up the Lock and Mute buttons while "II" leaves these open. I've had the II for about a week and its perfect.
    Is it much thicker than the silicone case? I've heard mixed answers
    02-02-09 07:18 PM
    i have the 1 and i love it..... the first time u have to take it off sucks, but after that its easier.
    Thats what I thought. When it becomes easier it has just lost its structual intregrety. When dropped the frame will pop off and not provide protection. Don't get suckerd into a false sense of security...for 50 bucks no less
    02-02-09 07:38 PM
    Just got the II today. Installed with no problem, very thin,, great feel. Make sure you read the instructions. It does leave the top of the Storm exposed as opposed to the I. It's great!
    02-02-09 08:19 PM
    fits perfectly and openings for speaker, buttons, mic, etc are PRECISELY where they need to be - excellent design. While tight, it even fits in the BB holster I bought at the Verizon store when I originally got my Storm. The magnetic holster puts the Storm to sleep. I did notice, however, that the process of sliding (somewhat forcefully) the Storm into the holster was causing rub marks on the exposed black plastic at the top of the Storm (by the BlackBerry name/logo). Have thought about trying a BB Bold magnetic holster to see if it is any bigger.

I've not used or seen the Innocase I so can't provide a comparison.
    02-02-09 09:00 PM
    I have the I but hate how it creaks all the time now. The charging port did not have to be any larger than the rest of the openings. That side is too weak as a result. I bought the I for the protection on top with the holster, works good except for the annoying creak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 09:08 PM
    The Inno I has front and back pieces that snap together the Inno II has top and bottom pieces, the top piece snaps securely onto the phone and the bottom slides on the phone and snaps to the top in the back. It has a great look and feel. Unfortunately for me I either got a defective case or my phone is different. When I install the Inno II my screen will no longer click, it works perfect if I remove the battery cover. I bought it from Crackberry and they sent me a new one the same day I called about the problem. Great service and I believe a great case if I can solve my screen click problem.
    02-02-09 09:20 PM
    Is it much thicker than the silicone case? I've heard mixed answers
    I'm not sure if its exatly any thicker or thinner than the silicone case. It is a much tighter fit, so it feels more OEM. Also, I'm sure others have mentioned this but with the Seidio cases, the side buttons and ports are all cut out, so you have direct access to all the side buttons. With the silicone there is rubber covering all the side buttons.
    02-03-09 07:32 AM
    I've been torn between the otter box and the seidio II combo.

SInce I'm in a cold weather state, I'm fine with my IS on the phoen & the phone in my coat pocket, but when warmenr weather arrives I'll be needing a belt clip.

So I may jsut treat myself to a II combo it seems to be the ebst of both worlds
    02-03-09 08:40 AM
    The Inno I has front and back pieces that snap together the Inno II has top and bottom pieces, the top piece snaps securely onto the phone and the bottom slides on the phone and snaps to the top in the back. It has a great look and feel. Unfortunately for me I either got a defective case or my phone is different. When I install the Inno II my screen will no longer click, it works perfect if I remove the battery cover. I bought it from Crackberry and they sent me a new one the same day I called about the problem. Great service and I believe a great case if I can solve my screen click problem.
    Sniperet,

We've only seen this problems with Storm's that have been modified by either adjusting the screws or slipping in a business card. Our case was designed on an out of the box Storm, so you may need to reverse your modifications to get the screen back to normal.

Thanks,
    02-03-09 10:09 AM
    I ordered the Innocase II several days ago. It hasn't come yet - hopefully today or tomorrow.

The true bummer is that Seidio makes the Innocase AND makes a super extended battery (I think it's 2300 mAh). The battery does require a change to the back plate, making the device thicker. This would be totally worthwhile to me. I have the 1800 mAh battery and still get a red 'almost dead' signal well before bedtime at least half of my days. BUT there is no case available (especially the Innocase) that accomodates the Storm with the super battery.

That's a combo I would buy in a heartbeat.
    02-03-09 10:37 AM
    I have the Innocase II and dropped my Storm for the first time yesterday, on concrete from waist-height. Innocase II took the hit on the top right corner and spared my Storm!

I have an Innocase I for my previous Pearl and when it dropped, the Innocase always split open and my Pearl ended up bare on the concrete.

So my vote is for the Innocase II because it stays intact with the phone, thereby lessening the chances of damage to the phone.
    02-03-09 10:46 AM
    Neither. I have the innocase I for Curve and liked it but bought II for storm and had to take the storm back cause the innocase II warped my storm.
    02-03-09 12:10 PM
    I like the innocase hybrid, which is similar to the innocase I except it is half clear half black. This one offers more protection than the II and it is just as thin. It is also easier to snap on and off, but it will stay on if you drop it. In my opinion it looks the coolest too. Overall, this is definitely the best case out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 04:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD