I'm a rogers bold user, bought mine in sept. love my bold, problem free, cept now for this little annoyance.

When composing emails or sms, it highlights the word that is misspelled, but wont allow me to click on it anymore to pick the right word.
    this just happened, everything was going fine, then it jst stopped working. I don't know what to do, been looking through my options menu for the setting to fix it, but can't locate anything.

Appreciate any advice anyone out there could offer me,

Thanx
    Daniel
    02-02-09 01:03 PM
    well mine does not highlight anything but I would like it to how do I set it up
    02-02-09 01:04 PM
    Do you know what OS you're running? Go to options>about> and see what the third line says. 4.6.0.???
    02-02-09 01:05 PM
    Do you know what OS you're running? Go to options>about> and see what the third line says. 4.6.0.???
    my current OS is 4.6.0.162
    02-02-09 01:11 PM
    my current OS is 4.6.0.162
    Is this a new problem that just started? I mean, was the spell checker working fine before that? Also, have you done a battery pull lately?
    02-02-09 01:14 PM
    spell checker always worked great, then it just stopped, been a few weeks now like this.

I did a cpl battery pulls this past week, the bb tetris game i downloaded froze up a cpl times on me.
    I don't know what the technical requirements of the battery pull is, i had t out for about 5 seconds, just enough to kill my frozen system and allow me to reboot.
    02-02-09 01:18 PM
    I would really consider probably upgrading the OS on your device. But before you were to do that, I'd try to think what you've added to the phone since this problem started occuring.
    02-02-09 01:20 PM
    i did add vlingo, voice recognition software recently, i wonder if that would be causing the conflicts?
    other than that i've got the dream theme running, but that was a good bit before this issue started.

Guess the answer then would be to uninstall some of these programs and see if it comes back? do it one at time to see where the problem lay?
    02-02-09 01:27 PM
    Guess the answer then would be to uninstall some of these programs and see if it comes back? do it one at time to see where the problem lay?
    That's the best thing you can do. If not, I'd definetly upgrade the OS.

Also, in case you haven't, try a search to see if maybe anyone else might have had this issue and was able to resolve it. Because if you like the way your OS is working and could fix this, then you wouldn't have to upgrade.
    02-02-09 01:30 PM
    i tried taking out vlingo, nothing. so I just upgraded to os 216 now, that did the trick.

Appreciate your advice, thank you.
    Daniel
    02-02-09 02:56 PM
    No problem. I still find it werid that it all of a sudden started doing that. But good luck with .216. It's been working for me so far.
    02-02-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD