Anyone try using the Contact Sync feature on Google Sync for BlackBerry on their 8900 yet? Last time I tried using it on my 8120 running 4.5 it really screwed up my contacts. Thus, I disabled the Contact Syncing and only use the Calendar sync. (which has been fine)

Let me know your experience, thanks!
    02-02-09 10:27 AM
    I use Google Sync to sync both my contacts and calendar... it works great for both... I've updated info on my pc web view and they show up on my 8900, and added/changed info on my 8900 and they show up on my pc web view.... not one issue.
    02-02-09 11:07 AM
    Google sync for both contacts on calendar works wonderfully.

only pet peeve i have is the inability to sync the PIN contact field.
    02-02-09 09:13 PM
    Yep, works good for me too. I just with there was a Task sync. Oh well, some day.
    02-02-09 10:59 PM
    i use it... and it works great.. i was told it didn;t sync from phone to calendar but it does..
    02-03-09 09:07 AM
    I've been trying to get this to work on my 8900. I have a GMail account, I have several calendars, but, when I try to log into my gmail account on the 8900 via the Google Sync software, it just spits back an error "Login failed, due to network problems, please check your settings."

Is this because of a bad login/password? I'm working over Wireless, can pull up anything on Google with the built in browser, and go to sites never seen on the phone, but, for whatever reason, this just will not work.

Is this software attempting to go through Edge instead of WiFi? If so, how do I force this particular app to go through WiFi only?
    02-04-09 02:58 PM
    Based on everyones feedback, I enabled contact sync. So far so good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 03:52 PM
    syncs not too well for me on my 8900 from device to Google address.

Will manually adjust Google addresses and sync to device. Hope that solves problem.

Good to know about PIN number. Thanks.
    02-21-09 03:38 PM
    Wow....I've been putting off adding my contacts to the 8900, cause i thought i had no way to get my contacts from google to the BB. Coming from the G1 this is exactly what I needed!
    02-21-09 03:53 PM
    Figured a way to do this via Yahoo adres book which has appropriate application to sync with BB.
    02-21-09 08:58 PM
    I've been trying to get this to work on my 8900. I have a GMail account, I have several calendars, but, when I try to log into my gmail account on the 8900 via the Google Sync software, it just spits back an error "Login failed, due to network problems, please check your settings."

Is this because of a bad login/password? I'm working over Wireless, can pull up anything on Google with the built in browser, and go to sites never seen on the phone, but, for whatever reason, this just will not work.

Is this software attempting to go through Edge instead of WiFi? If so, how do I force this particular app to go through WiFi only?

I was actually coming on to ask this very same question, any resolution to it so far?
    02-22-09 09:34 AM
    Where do you enable the contact synch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:53 AM
    you need to download the google sync to your bb
    02-22-09 04:32 PM

i get the same thing and cannot log in! How can i fix this?

Update... a battery pull fixed this for me
    Last edited by daniel_martin10; 02-22-09 at 09:28 PM.
    02-22-09 09:26 PM
    yea i have had it on my g1 and now on my 8900 its been working fine for 3weeks am syncing both contacts and calender
    02-22-09 09:37 PM
    Alright, well my new BB should be coming today. I have a G1 right now. Can we say that the bugs have been ironed out. I was so used to how everything synced on Android that I hope google Mobile will work just as well. Can we say that is the case now with Contact Sync?
    02-25-09 05:12 AM
    If it's any help to you guys, I had an issue which I managed to resolve.

I had several calendars on google calendar including several public calendars such as public holidays, grand prix race dates etc.

When syncing with google sync I kept getting a similar error.

With a bit of experimenting, I discovered that the sync did not like the public calendars. By removing them, the sync function worked and still does work perfectly
    02-25-09 05:22 AM
    Purchased an 8900 from T-Mobile recently. I added all my contacts to a new Gmail account, then synced them with my 8900. Seemed to be a clean sync. Then went through contacts on my BB and started removing duplicate contacts that were there as a result of copying contacts that were on my SIM card as well as those on my phone database. I should have 968 contacts, but as a result of attempting to clean my database, I am now up to 1617 contacts on my 8900 and 1888 in my Gmail account. WTF?? Can someone explain why syncing is such an issue? This seems like it should be a relatively straightforward proposition. Also, any suggestions on how to permanently repair my d-base, while still using Google Sync?
    04-18-09 10:34 PM
    Can't get contacts to sync on brand new TMo 8900 -- only calendar. Fails shortly after contact sync begins. Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it? Thanks. Note: I've uninstalled and reinstalled GoogleSync, and removed and replaced the battery to reboot. GoggleSync still works fine with my old Pearl 8100.
    Last edited by jeffepops; 08-22-09 at 03:34 PM. Reason: More details on issue
    08-22-09 01:48 PM
    Hi, i to have the Curve 8900 on o2, and when i first got it all the sync features worked fine, then all of a sudden i kept getting calender sync failure notices on the sync reports and it said to resolve the problem, log out and re login, so i did that and i keep on getting "Login failed, due to network problems, please check your settings." I have tried re-installing google sync application, removing any public calenders and the 'Battery pull' trick and i'm still getting no joy, is there anyone that knows of how to resolve this issue? its starting to really **** me off now. cheers
    11-02-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD