Before launch I was telling my gf I would buy her one, a week after launch I said I dont think you will like it.

Just earlier today my auntie told me she wants to buy the storm because its the only nice (iphone like) phone on verizon. I told her I dont recommend it to her.

I said I love my phone because I know how to use it. The UI is not user or finger friendly.
    01-31-09 05:08 PM
    I know exactly what you mean. I love mine but the mobile securit guard at work said they are being issued these for gps tracking. I told them its not the right phone for them. But its perfect for me! Lol. Maybe we are selfish and don't want to share.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 05:31 PM
    I recommend the storm to people who have a brain....if you can't figure something out....don't buy it!
    01-31-09 05:37 PM
    Honestly, I have had 3 and I am not sure I am going to keep it. Lousy to type on. Slower than crap internet surfing. Its pretty, but that's it. I am going to hold off to see how it will act after the next software update....assuming one actually shows up!
    01-31-09 05:38 PM
    I have recommended it to about 4 people who were interested. I told them the flaws and such and how to fix many of the issues. About a week later, 2 out of the 4 got one.
    01-31-09 05:41 PM
    I recommend the storm to people who have a brain....if you can't figure something out....don't buy it!
    I co-sign 100%!!!
    01-31-09 05:42 PM
    I recommended it to my GF. But she said that some other people she knew didnt like it because they were having problems with it. I basically said they must be dumb because all that stuff you can work out and fix, and I would have done so for her obviosuly. But she wanted the LG Dare, so whatever makes her happy. At least thats her first touch screen. So she has now made it to the 21st century.
    01-31-09 05:50 PM
    I recommend the storm to people who like to stay on the leading edge of technology and understand that it comes at a price.

01-31-09 05:53 PM
    I haven't recommended it but not because I don't love it (because I do!), but I don't think they could handle trying to figure it all out.
    01-31-09 05:54 PM
    i honestly believe that people who expect the storm to be as easy to use as a toaster and as perfect as the iphone sux give it bad reviews and hate on it. people reallllyy need to just give it a chance. i played with one at the verizon store. heres a summary of my experience:

1st 2 minutes: wow this was a huge letdown.

2nd 2 minutes: hmm.. this isnt as bad as i thought...

3rd 2 minutes: wow this thing is pretty cool once you mess with it for a minute....

final 2 minutes: i am totally getting one of these once i get the $
    01-31-09 06:04 PM
    I tell people the truth, i don't recommend it to anyone. But I also tell people that I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world. Like others have said, if you like smart phones, you have to be a little smart yourself.
    01-31-09 06:11 PM
    Everyone I've shown it to at work (i'd say bout 25ish) have thought it was awesome. Couldn't suggest it to many because apparently people were up for renewal so they just renewed their contracts same time I did. I'd say about 10 were kinda let down with their phones and wanted a storm after I showed them what it could do. Hopefully, I showed them the way to crack :-)
    01-31-09 06:15 PM
    May have its problemd, but I recommend to anyone with short nails and willing to be, patient

01-31-09 06:19 PM
    I recommend it. But let people know it is not perfect because it is a new product that needs some upgrades.
    01-31-09 06:20 PM
    I recommend it, but I'm also upfront about the shortcomings. I just tell it like it is and most people can make a decision from there whether or not they want to deal with a tiny bit of hassle for a LOT of greatness.
    01-31-09 06:22 PM
    I wouldn't even consider recommending it to someone unless they were already a BlackBerry user. And even then, I'd have reservations. It's a nice phone, but there are a lot of problems...
    01-31-09 06:29 PM
    I've recommended the Storm to a lot of people. So far about 5 bought the Storm and none have had any regrets.

01-31-09 06:37 PM
    i love my phone and recommend it to everyone (with half a brain)
    A month ago my boss asked me if he should get one, i warned him against it. He had the phone from verizon that can go under water or be ran over by a tank, or survive a nuclear Holocaust. and somehow he broke two of them. Long story short, he got it, now a month later he hates the phone and me for some reason, o well what are u gonna do.
    01-31-09 06:59 PM
    I make sure that it's clear that the phone is buggy and if they choose to still go get it and they end up regretting it, then at least they were warned. I'm sticking with mine because it does seem the bugs are being worked out, albeit slowly but it seems to be getting better.

Nothing to do with whether they have brains or owned a blackberry before.

You're not flying an F-16. Get of yer high horses, pardners.
    01-31-09 07:00 PM
    I recommend it to people, but I do tell people that it's a new device and it takes some getting used to. When I let people play with it, I kind of "help" them select an app to play with...something that isn't to UI intensive. Epocrates is not a good one to do this with...
    01-31-09 07:42 PM
    I recommend it to everybody! Obviously there are some kinks right now but its new so that will be worked out over time.
    01-31-09 07:45 PM
    I love my Storm. I tell others they will like it if they're fans of customization because I love that I can set everything the way I want and get apps for what isn't organically in the phone settings. A new OS would greatly improve my experience with the device.

01-31-09 07:58 PM
    I love my storm, and talked all of my co workers into buying a Blackberry. They all love their bbs!!!!
    01-31-09 08:08 PM
    I tell my friends the same thing I tell ppl here. Try it out for 30 days. That's plenty of time to decide if its for you or not.

01-31-09 08:47 PM
    no i dont want anyone else to have it. right after i got mine this guy in my class was going to get a new phone and he said he was going to get the omnia then he looked at the storm and got it. Now im not the only one at my school with the storm anymore
    01-31-09 09:06 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD