I'm updating my OS to .228 but the current Task in Progress in Desktop Manager is stuck at "Uploading RAM Image". The bar is 100% full, but it won't continue and I cannot cancel.

Any tips....??!

Update: I disconnected my Bold and it immediately said the operation could not be completed or whatever so it wasn't frozen by any means, so I've started it again and it seems to be having the same problem. Should I just wait...until it just goes? Is this normal for device software updates??!
    Last edited by adamh10; 01-30-09 at 10:18 PM.
    01-30-09 09:34 PM
    I had the same problem and tried everything. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. Tried the loader program. I finally tried it on another computer and it worked. I think the settings somehow got messed up. Try it on someones computer.
    02-07-09 12:49 AM
    Are you using Windows 7 by any chance? If you are there are problems with the USB drivers... you'll have to use a VPC with another OS to do the upgrade.
    02-07-09 01:07 AM
    Sounds like a Windows 7 issue. I had the same problem. Use a computer with XP or Vista and it will work just fine.
    02-07-09 04:23 PM
    Just experienced this problem myself (w/ Windows 7, of course).

Installed DM 4.6 on my roommate XP machine and have it running now. Seems to be going smoothly now...
    02-13-09 08:42 PM
    If you dont have windows 7 and you're experiencing this problem then try to make a new windows user account. (control panel, user account....) and install DM and etc and try it again. Worked for me when I had the problem
    02-14-09 12:06 AM
    Just a quick comment: Just tried to update to .168 on my 8900 with Windows 7 and have the same issue.
    03-02-09 09:00 AM
    HI All,

i am a long time BB admin and have always looked here for help without signing up (shameful). anyways, i just experienced this trying to get a a new storm on release 90 which is not yet supported by vzw. anyways, this has happened to me before and i just changed some pc settings (below) and the OS uprgade is working right now on Windows 7.

you have to disable the windows power management of all the USB root hubs. this allows the device to draw as much power from the pc as it needs, and its not regulated by windows. also it allows the device to charge even when a pc is in hibernation.

right click my computer > Manage. Highlight Device Manager on the Left, then expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers (usually last in the list). Right click each USB Root Hub (root hubs only), then go to the Power Management tab. Uncheck Power Mgt.

This not only works for the newer devices, but for all devices dating back to the 8700 series which is when you saw RIMs devices requiring a high power requirement than what windows assigned. also works for usb hard drives, some mp3 players and cameras as well.
    doug1010 and kemj like this.
    03-04-09 02:32 PM
    duplicate entry
    Last edited by keysereble; 03-04-09 at 02:34 PM. Reason: dupe
    03-04-09 02:34 PM
    HI All,

i am a long time BB admin and have always looked here for help without signing up (shameful). anyways, i just experienced this trying to get a a new storm on release 90 which is not yet supported by vzw. anyways, this has happened to me before and i just changed some pc settings (below) and the OS uprgade is working right now on Windows 7.

you have to disable the windows power management of all the USB root hubs. this allows the device to draw as much power from the pc as it needs, and its not regulated by windows. also it allows the device to charge even when a pc is in hibernation.

right click my computer > Manage. Highlight Device Manager on the Left, then expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers (usually last in the list). Right click each USB Root Hub (root hubs only), then go to the Power Management tab. Uncheck Power Mgt.

This not only works for the newer devices, but for all devices dating back to the 8700 series which is when you saw RIMs devices requiring a high power requirement than what windows assigned. also works for usb hard drives, some mp3 players and cameras as well.
    Hey that worked for me! Just wanted to say thanks. This solution is a lot easier than installing XP. :-)
    04-06-09 10:50 PM
    Well, did this and it went through OK: however got some error readings at the end on the device. Texas Holdem 2 is missing now though which came from the provider. should I call Blackberry? I'm also running windows 7.
    04-14-09 04:29 PM
    Thanks! Tried this fix with my storm, i was trying to update to 4xx.99 worked just fine!
    05-09-09 10:35 PM
    Sounds like a Windows 7 issue. I had the same problem. Use a computer with XP or Vista and it will work just fine.
    I on the other hand had no issues with Win 7 and BBDTM 4.6 uploading to 5.0.0.93(95), of course I consider myself to be the exception. But I really dont think it anything to with the OS itself. MaYBE fw RELATED OR VIRUS PROTECTION. Darn caps............
    05-10-09 07:02 AM
    I'm running Windows 7 and just upgraded my device to 5.0

EDIT: ****, oops I just realized I replied to a 3 month old thread that was bumped nevermind.
    05-10-09 07:07 AM
    Why does this have to be such a pain?
    06-02-09 06:40 PM
    That did it and I use XP. Thanks!
    06-02-09 06:49 PM
    All you have to do is unplug the Blackberry, and plug it right back in. It will upload everything.
    12-24-09 12:20 PM
    What i did when it was stuck on uploading RAM Image i took out my battery unplugged from usb than the message came up apploader couldnt connect to ur device, connect the usb without the battery it should work than put ur battery back in
    07-18-10 09:50 PM
    HI All,

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am using Macbook Pro and using parallel desktop running Windows XP. I've been facing this issue for a while now. I tried your method, however, it didn't work. Do you know any other method that I should try?

Thanks a lot in advance. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    09-16-10 07:43 AM
    HI All,

didn't work
    09-18-10 09:46 PM
    @rovente im having the same issues running parrallels and stuck what did u end up doing
    11-11-10 02:05 PM
    I'm also stuck @ uploading ram image running vmware fusion & XP.
    11-25-10 01:46 PM
    I am also stuck, running Win7 on Parallels. I've tried running as administrator and running in compatibility with WinXP SP3, going to try with SP2 and WinVista as well to see if that changes things.
    01-31-11 05:17 PM
    Is there still no solution to this problem? Also running Win7 on Parallels, but my phone is a 9900.....
    01-07-12 06:05 PM
    Is there still no solution to this problem? Also running Win7 on Parallels, but my phone is a 9900.....
    Sorry for the bump, just in case someone stumbles here because of the parallel desktop WIN 7 on MAC problem. i guess you should use bootcamp instead, never use virtual machine to install/update a blackberry OS! the USB problem is a pain in the ***
    12-24-12 02:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD