This questions are for the Blackberry BOLD and Blackberry CURVE 8300 (both from AT&T)

Please keep in mind we are new to the Blackberry family, and we do know some of there question's answers might be obvious or easy.

1) How do you put music on the phones? And how much does it cost?

2) How do you send a massive text to all or a lot of your contacts?

3) BOLD: My phone does every ringtone 3 times for my text messages and AIM, how can I make it only do the ringer once? Because you know how text tones are short, how do you only make it ring once? My phone ringes 3 times for every text.

4) BOLD: Is GPS Navigation and YELLOWPAGES part of the $30 dollar data plan for AT&T ?

Please and Thank you
    vw_luvers
    01-30-09 06:19 PM
    Adding music can happen a few ways. I prefer to transfer it from my pc to my device with the usb cable using mass storage mode. Quick and simple.

2) You can compose sms then add a contact and then click the name area again and hit add recipient to add more or better yet form a group and add them to your address book if you want to mass mail them all.

3. profile>advanced>sms> scroll to see number of beeps and select 1 - you can edit all your sounds within your current profile here to ring 1 - 3 times, vib, vib ring etc. All up to you.

4. Not sure.

Welcome to CrackBerry
    01-30-09 06:29 PM
    Not an expert by any stretch, but a few ideas for you

1) You can upload music through desktop manager, but my first use of music on by Blackberry started last month with Slacker.com mobile radio. You download it and for free you can go online and set up custom stations where you can select all the different songs you like or set the stations up by artist. There is also a premium version for a few dollars a month, but I haven't found I need it. You can then "cache" the stations, which means that it stores something like 100 songs per station to your memory card. You can then listen anywhere even without a data signal. I have found it to be the best way to listen to music (whether on BB or not) and can't see any reason to buy music from itunes again.

2) no real experience with this, but I think you can create a group through your contacts, add people to the group and then send the txt message to that group.

3) you can set the number of times it will ring or vibrate in the profile settings. Go to change your profile, go down to the bottom and select advanced, highlight your normal profile, press the menu button and select edit. Then go into the SMS settings, IM settings, etc and change the number of beeps.

4) no idea

EDIT: Sorry about the overlap with the prior post, started typing before that was there.
    01-30-09 06:33 PM
    1. if the music is just plain mp3s with no drm, you simply plug in the phone, go into mass storage mode and copy the mp3s you want to the music folder on either the phone or the sdcard (whatever flavor sd card is apropriate). Alternatively you can use whatever music program you have on your computer to transfer the files provided the program can handle mass storage drives.

2. no clue. I don't text

3. go into the profiles app, goto advanced, go to the profile(s) you use and edit them. Go to SMS text (whatever the AIM may be and probably also the MMS text) and change the beeps to 1.

4. no GPS Navigator is extra. I believe I saw the YP app was also an additional fee.
    01-30-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD