This news was a big blow to my ego regarding the my new Black Berry Pearl phone.

Media Biz iTunes rental news whacks Netflix stock �

If you go the Apple site, you can simply download a movie and watch it on anything...

I have netflix and love it, but dream of being able to download a movie I receive in the mail to my computer then to my blackberry....

If I can't within a years time, I'm definitely dropping this phone.

So, I leave it to the experts on this site to explain to me how it's done...

I commute into the city everyday and always see people watching movies on there Iphone. I also see a lot of people with BB looking at email and surfing the web. Please tell me this phone is more sophisticated than that.
    01-15-08 03:42 PM
    Im sorry, what is your issue exactly? Getting movies to you device from your DVD collection?
    01-15-08 04:01 PM
    I have a solution,get the neuros mpeg4 video recorder,i just got one and its amazing,its a portable digital recorder that can record from just about any digital source,tv,cable,dvd,and even vcr,just hook up to a digital source,put a memory card into the recorder and record,simple as that,no need to convert files,and you dont even need your computer,you can get one here at the 'CRACK' or if you want to pay a little less,you can hit up ebay,hope this helps.
    01-15-08 05:01 PM
    Sorry If I am not clear. I would like to take a Netflix video I receive in the mail and watch it on my blackberry. I have a new computer that has the capability of just about anything, but I want to know how to go from putting the movie into the computer to getting it to the blackberry. I've heard the process is time consuming but would love to do this. I commute to NYC everyday and would love to catch a few minutes of a Movie every now and then.
    I know people talk about watching tv shows and movies on-line but really need a simpler explanation. I you can prove that a particular software can do this, I don't mind paying for it.
    01-16-08 08:20 AM
    Eeeeee.... I'm telling!

I'm 100% sure the makers of Crackberry don't condone this.

But if you really wanted to might try this...
    Ultra DVD Ripper - DVD Ripper Software Ripping DVD to AVI DivX MPEG MP4 iPod PSP 3GP

Give it a try first. Only thing is the trial will only let you make a 5 minute video.

Buy them both, that way you can always convert other files you have on your computer.
    01-16-08 08:36 AM
    What exactly would I do with that software? Save it somewhere on my computer and then use the software from BB to transfer it to the BB?
    IS that the best out there? Easiest to use? Cheapest?
    01-16-08 10:05 AM
    What exactly would I do with that software? Save it somewhere on my computer and then use the software from BB to transfer it to the BB?
    IS that the best out there? Easiest to use? Cheapest?
    No you can't play movies directly from a DVD on your BB. It needs to be ripped, converted, then loaded.
    Is this the best, There is a ton of software out there for this purpose.
    Easiest? Hey, even I can do it! Got to be pretty easy!
    Cheapest? There is shareware, and stuff you can buy that is cheaper. But like anything else, you get what you pay for. Or don't
    Take a browse thru here... This will answer a lot of your questions.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/
    01-16-08 10:19 AM
    And if you got a month to kill check out this link.
    01-16-08 12:37 PM
    Don't worry its possible just gotta get a DVD ripping software and another software that converts the ripped file to avi mpeg4
    01-16-08 04:48 PM
    Thanks guys. Will begin invetigating the softwares. If you can provide a list of the best of the best, that would be great.
    01-17-08 08:04 AM
    Thanks guys. Will begin invetigating the softwares. If you can provide a list of the best of the best, that would be great.
    I thought I did! Look at post #5!

I'm sure Bla1ze will chime in! videos4blackberry.info | Hey Folks! | Episode, Click, Download, Full, Blackberry
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 01-17-08 at 08:27 AM.
    01-17-08 08:23 AM
    So what you want is to take a "rental", put it on your computer, (so that you can "keep" it) and then watch it on your Pearl? Where I come from that qualifies as stealing......
    01-17-08 08:28 AM
    So what you want is to take a "rental", put it on your computer, (so that you can "keep" it) and then watch it on your Pearl? Where I come from that qualifies as stealing......
    Yes this request would be a much more reasonable if you owned the DVD in the first place. If noone contributes to the industry, it's hard for them to come out with good stuff eventually.
    01-17-08 01:08 PM
    Sorry If I am not clear. I would like to take a Netflix video I receive in the mail and watch it on my blackberry. I have a new computer that has the capability of just about anything, but I want to know how to go from putting the movie into the computer to getting it to the blackberry. I've heard the process is time consuming but would love to do this. I commute to NYC everyday and would love to catch a few minutes of a Movie every now and then.
    I know people talk about watching tv shows and movies on-line but really need a simpler explanation. I you can prove that a particular software can do this, I don't mind paying for it.
    Must have missed my post as i gave you a solution that works,try it.
    01-17-08 05:56 PM
    Must have missed my post as i gave you a solution that works,try it.
    But doesn't even YOUR solution require that he in essence "steal" the video for his Pearl? I mean, he MIGHT be able to watch the videos that Netflix already has online for their customers, but since they don't have it set UP for customers to put the videos on their phones, "ripping" it in any way just seems wrong.
    01-17-08 11:09 PM
    But doesn't even YOUR solution require that he in essence "steal" the video for his Pearl? I mean, he MIGHT be able to watch the videos that Netflix already has online for their customers, but since they don't have it set UP for customers to put the videos on their phones, "ripping" it in any way just seems wrong.
    Are you kidding me?,do you work for the FBI?,im not concerned about ripping dvd's or if it breaks the law,calm down buddy.As long as your not making a profit,im sure the alphabet boys wont mind.
    01-19-08 03:15 PM
    You guys are getting uptight. First of all, I have had netflix for years, it should not matter where I watch it. I can keep the DVD as long as I want, but it would be nice to catch a few minutes of a film my girl does not want to watch on the train or watch something from my DVD library. The whole stealing thing you guys were talking about is silly. I'm not going to waste space on my Desktop for ripped movies... Please.
    I have a home theater to watch the movies in. Also, yes Netflix does offer on-line viewing now, but not new ones yet.
    01-19-08 07:05 PM
    OK. I used a trial version of BB Video Converter and it worked great. To a while but it worked. I watched Boogie Nights for a bit.
    There is no fast forward though. Are their other downloadable apps that play video better than what comes with the blackberry. And now I just have to decide with converter to buy.
    01-20-08 12:11 AM
    OK. I used a trial version of BB Video Converter and it worked great. To a while but it worked. I watched Boogie Nights for a bit.
    There is no fast forward though. Are their other downloadable apps that play video better than what comes with the blackberry. And now I just have to decide with converter to buy.
    The BB media player that comes installed does have fast forward and rewind. While playing a movie, roll your track ball up, the time line will highlight and turn blue, roll ball left(rewind) right(FF).
    Good luck with whatever converter you buy.
    01-20-08 06:59 AM
    I know there are a lot of tools you can buy that work well. I have successfullly used a trial version, but are there any for FREE?
    Thanks
    01-20-08 11:54 AM
    You are right.....you do what works for you, and I will do what works for me.
    01-20-08 01:07 PM
    You guys are getting uptight. First of all, I have had netflix for years, it should not matter where I watch it. I can keep the DVD as long as I want, but it would be nice to catch a few minutes of a film my girl does not want to watch on the train or watch something from my DVD library. The whole stealing thing you guys were talking about is silly. I'm not going to waste space on my Desktop for ripped movies... Please.
    I have a home theater to watch the movies in. Also, yes Netflix does offer on-line viewing now, but not new ones yet.
    I am not getting uptight.....but there is this thought: if you truly thought that Netflix didn't CARE where you watch their movies, why are not asking THEM about ripping it to your blackberry?

I also belong to Netflix, and I guess part of why this bugs me is that I don't want MY prices for renting to go up because people decide to rip off the videos that they are renting.
    01-20-08 01:10 PM
    I respect your feelings, but they could raise the price a little. They definitely do not make money with my membership. I always have at least three all the time. They lose money with me. If they want to bump up the price a little so I can download them. Cool

However. Do you know of any great FREE Converters.
    01-20-08 01:28 PM
    I'm not sure if this is 100% legal, but as far as morals, I think if he deletes the file once he's returned the DVD back to Netflix, he should be ok. If he keeps it, it's 100% illegal, no matter what anyone thinks.

Remember, we live under the rule of law, not the rule of majority.
    01-20-08 10:28 PM
    I respect your feelings, but they could raise the price a little. They definitely do not make money with my membership. I always have at least three all the time. They lose money with me. If they want to bump up the price a little so I can download them. Cool

However. Do you know of any great FREE Converters.
    No, I don't know of any free converters.....frankly, the only videos I download to my bb are the ones I get for free from Itunes.

And I agree with you about the prices--lord knows they aren't making any money on me either-lol, and I WOULD pay for the right to download to my bb as well.

Good luck on the converter.
    01-21-08 12:20 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD