K I'm so pissed off, I really wanted the storm, I do a new 3 year contract yesterday morning just to get it with Telus. Since then non stop it keeps rebooting. It will be working fine and I sit it down and leave it, screen turns off no problem. Give it maybe 20 minutes and I touch the screen to turn it on to check messages and the screen doesn't come on at all. Press every button, nothing. Rarely after about 2 mins of pressing buttons the red light comes on and the phone reboots. Other times you have to pull the battery out and reboot it, but i've owned it like 30 hours and it's done it like 3 times now, don't know if I should return it??
    01-30-09 02:49 PM
    What OS you running?
    01-30-09 03:03 PM
    Um whatever it came with, it says v4.7.0.76
    01-30-09 03:07 PM
    Give it some time they will go away at least they did in my case.
    01-30-09 03:09 PM
    K will do, so frustrating. Sometimes the screen never turns off stays on unless I turn the phone off and on, other times it never comes on. Trying to stay calm, I fought with all my iphone friends that the storm is better so I have to keep my cool lol. I'm pretty confident though a future os update is going to fix a lot.
    01-30-09 03:11 PM
    You can also return it for a replacement, or try installing a leaked upgrade. Being that its new I would go get a replacement.
    01-30-09 03:13 PM
    upgrade to .90. i had mine at .76 and it would freeze constantly then upgraded to .86 and had to do a battery pull one every other day. upgraded to .90 yesterday and it is running faster than ever. only fault i find with .90 is the camera is useless so if you plan to take a ****ton of pics i wouldnt recommend it
    Pull the memory card and put it back in then after a little while you will get a blue loading bar on the bottom and it will say media card Inserted and everything is back to normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hate to say it but it sounds to me like something is wrong with your phone. I personally would send it back for a new one.
    I had one that did the same thing, out of the box. Had it replaced.
    01-30-09 03:15 PM
    Unfortunately one of th ebiggest reasons I upgraded from my 8703 was to have a camera! If it wasn't for that I'd do it, I'll wait a bit more see what happens and I'll try the memory card pull later as well. I'll give it some more time, they have a 1 year warranty, I replaced my 8703 three times over the year so not like there's a big rush.
    01-30-09 03:17 PM
    I hate to say it but it sounds to me like something is wrong with your phone. I personally would send it back for a new one.
    Based on what?

Sounds like all others... OS problems.
    It took me 3 new storms to figure out you have to pull the memory card.

Weird the memory card would cause that... When trying to sync with pocketmac th estupid program would always crash then it would say device removal error like I unplugged the USB. One time it said the memory card inserted has an error and should be checked with a disk utility so I did. I wonder if maybe the card has an issue. Can I just format it and have it work or does the bb need to format it?
    01-30-09 03:19 PM
    nm i see how to format it
    01-30-09 03:20 PM
    Based on the fact that not many people have complained about that problem with the OS version that he has. There were more complaints about this with the original OS version .65. I wasn't basing it off some stats buddy, I just know if it was my phone it would already be in a box on the way back to verizon.
    01-30-09 03:21 PM
    Not sure how Verizon works but with Telus you just take it to a Telus store and they swap it in store for a new one for a year so if it keeps happening I'll do that.
    01-30-09 03:23 PM
    You can do the same thing with Verizon but most verizon stores haven't had any storms in the store so they have had to order it and have them sent through the mail.
    01-30-09 03:27 PM
    I've been having this same issue, three random reboots in 2 days
    01-30-09 04:01 PM
    Oh my story gets better now. So first I'm minus one friend now because we were arguing about his iphone vs my storm in a joking way, except he thought I was serious and really mad he didn't like my phone so he told me off and said never to speak to him again!

So then I'm driving to my friends place to go clubbing. I get there, click my screen. Nothing.

Click messages, nothing. Click browser, nothing. They highlight, and I can scroll through the screen, but pressing that screen down did absolutely nothing.

I pull the battery put it back in, nothing. Screen lights up, shows incoming messages which is the WORST part because I'm clicking with no response. So basically I had to go clubbing, with a phone receiving texts and pins non stop that I can't do anything for. So now I do have to go to the mall today and replace this for a new one. I'm so angry. At least first 30 days you get another brand new one right in store, then for a year after it's a refurb on. Telus had lots at least so it's not too bad.

Worst part is I can't even back up my phone because when I plug it in it says mass storage mode detected type your password which obviously I can't
    01-31-09 08:34 AM
    Pull your SIM card out. I have done this for friends and customers alike and it stops the phone from freezing and as long as you are in the USA and are no planning on traveling over seas then it doesn't need the SIM card.
    K I'm so pissed off, I really wanted the storm, I do a new 3 year contract yesterday morning just to get it with Telus. Since then non stop it keeps rebooting. It will be working fine and I sit it down and leave it, screen turns off no problem. Give it maybe 20 minutes and I touch the screen to turn it on to check messages and the screen doesn't come on at all. Press every button, nothing. Rarely after about 2 mins of pressing buttons the red light comes on and the phone reboots. Other times you have to pull the battery out and reboot it, but i've owned it like 30 hours and it's done it like 3 times now, don't know if I should return it??
    01-31-09 10:40 AM
    Take it back.

If the phone doesn't work out-of-the-box with .75 it's a dud.

My VZW store has them in stock, if yours doesn't it only takes a couple of days to get a replacement.
    01-31-09 10:43 AM
    You signed a THREE year contract and paid for a brand new phone. Don't settle with one with problems straight out of the box. Take it back and get it replaced.
    01-31-09 10:48 AM
    Yeah I'm going to do that today. Unfortunately in Canada, phones are always 3 year. It was $250 on 3 year, if you do 2 year it's like $500 and no contract was $599. Again I'm with Telus not Verizon and we have them in stock so going to go today and replace it. Also my sim card isn't in, I took it out after starting this thread and it seemed to help for awhile until last night! It's brutal, I keep seeing incoming text messages and bb pins and can't do anything! People think i'm ignoring them lol.
    01-31-09 11:26 AM
    I had the same problem. Replacement works great.
    01-31-09 11:48 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD