I tested this for a few days now.
    I had the VoS and the Backlight not shutting off, and some of the other things
    like rebooting or locking up.
    Here is how i fixed them.
    VoS , copy any important information not easily replaced on media card, and then reformat the card from the tools menu. replace all information after format.
    Backlight and reboot, remove bolt broswer, even if you don't use it, it causes the problem. i removed it and no more lockup or rebooting has happened.
    01-30-09 05:37 AM
    I don't think removing the bolt browser is the cure all for the back light problem. There are a lot of us that don't have it installed and the backlight problem is totally random.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 06:21 AM
    Running .90, don't have Bolt browser, reformatted my card in-phone a couple of days ago, still have the screen staying on issue and had a reboot yesterday taking the phone out of the holster... there is no magic fix for .90 - it's beta... The only good thing about the format was that my picture and video access greatly increased in speed
    01-30-09 06:26 AM
    I think Imay have found a cure for the screen on issue. If you change your settings to 20 sec timeout from 10 second time out it seems to have taken care of the problem for me. Hope this helps.
    01-30-09 06:50 AM
    I think Imay have found a cure for the screen on issue. If you change your settings to 20 sec timeout from 10 second time out it seems to have taken care of the problem for me. Hope this helps.
    your experience also lines up with my theory about this problem. I believe that the database storing the settings for the screen can get corrupted during os upgrades and downgrades, and that changing the settings of the screen timeout and brightness can get these rewritten and help correct the problem.
    01-30-09 07:52 AM
    your experience also lines up with my theory about this problem. I believe that the database storing the settings for the screen can get corrupted during os upgrades and downgrades, and that changing the settings of the screen timeout and brightness can get these rewritten and help correct the problem.
    I agree. I haven't really noticed this for the brightness and timeouts, but definitely on ringtones and alert notifications. I've had to change and save to get them to work properly.
    01-30-09 09:04 AM
    I tested this for a few days now.
    I had the VoS and the Backlight not shutting off, and some of the other things
    like rebooting or locking up.
    Here is how i fixed them.
    VoS , copy any important information not easily replaced on media card, and then reformat the card from the tools menu. replace all information after format.
    Backlight and reboot, remove bolt broswer, even if you don't use it, it causes the problem. i removed it and no more lockup or rebooting has happened.
    No, it won't fix the problem.

1. I didn't have anything on my phone and it gave me that proble.
    2. Formating the media card? What does the media card has to do with the blacklight not going off?

It probably help your phone but for sure, those are not fix for the problem.
    01-30-09 09:26 AM
    No, it won't fix the problem.

1. I didn't have anything on my phone and it gave me that proble.
    2. Formating the media card? What does the media card has to do with the blacklight not going off?

It probably help your phone but for sure, those are not fix for the problem.
    I heard if you throw your phone accross the room against a wall the backlight will be fixed!

No but seriously call Verizon and get a new unit, that's the easiest fix.
    01-30-09 09:31 AM
    Downloaded the new .90 OS and my camera won't take pictures. The camera will focus, the green box comes out, as if it's going to take the picture...but then nothing happens. None of the "pictures" I took were saved to my files. A reboot and SOMETIMES it works. Anyone else have camera issues?
    01-30-09 09:35 AM
    Downloaded the new .90 OS and my camera won't take pictures. The camera will focus, the green box comes out, as if it's going to take the picture...but then nothing happens. None of the "pictures" I took were saved to my files. A reboot and SOMETIMES it works. Anyone else have camera issues?
    Zoom to 1.1 or higher before you take the picture. The pictures will be saved.
    01-30-09 03:23 PM
    Or just turn off the image stabilization.
    01-30-09 03:32 PM
    I exit the camera then reenter and it starts saving my pictures. Really the only proble I have is my light not dimming. I will try yall suggestions and hopefully that works. I do get the VSOD but now I just take out the sd card while its restarting and put it back in when its done

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 03:36 PM
    The issue where the backlight doesn't turn off is the worst problem ever..it's such a PITA. I miss .75 where I never had any problems.
    01-30-09 04:23 PM
    FWIW, I'm glad this worked for you but seems like an unlikely solution for most. Not only did I format both my media card and device memory, I defragged them as well and I still get the VoD if I reboot my phone.

It seems more likely, and I'm no expert, that this is an OS issue with the phone and how it reads/relates to the SD card during the actually loading of the OS from a reboot.
    01-30-09 05:03 PM
    i re-downloaded the .90 OS and put it back on my phone and the locking problem and screen problem was fixed. hopefully it will keep working.
    01-30-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD