I was just thinking, has anyone come across a video which helps to walkthrough the process of changing the bezel on the 8900? Checked youtube, but there was nothing.

BASICALLY what I'm asking is, maybe someone might be up to making a video pretty soon? or a walkthrough perhaps?

I know that, personally, I'm really bad with taking stuff apart and putting it back together again. Definitely fearful of breaking my phone, so any type of guide would be great! this would not only help me, but many of the other "blackberry blackout newbies" out there.

I don't mean to sound lazy, just don't wanna mess up my phone TOO badly.
    Any advice from people who have had good/bad experiences with changing the bezel would be great too!
    01-30-09 12:29 AM
    I think there is a link to a video in this thread.

If not I believe there is a video on cnn.cn. For sure it is on youTube.
    01-30-09 12:32 AM
    I think there is a link to a video in this thread.

If not I believe there is a video on cnn.cn. For sure it is on youTube.
    thanks for the reply! idk, maybe I used some not-so-common search terms on youtube or something..

anyway, you always seem to be helping me out! thanks for having the patience to answer all of my questions/concerns!
    01-30-09 12:45 AM
    thanks for the reply! idk, maybe I used some not-so-common search terms on youtube or something..

anyway, you always seem to be helping me out! thanks for having the patience to answer all of my questions/concerns!
    he's the 8900 forum guardian angel
    01-30-09 02:05 AM
    More like a Snowman on a mission!
    01-30-09 02:16 AM
    after 6 screws it is like lego, dun worry once you start you know how to
    01-30-09 05:07 AM
    Just remember that it will void your warranty when you do this. be careful!
    01-30-09 10:16 AM
    Is it difficult to transplant the pieces from the original bezel to the black bezel necessary for the two buttons (lock/mute buttons) to work?
    02-15-09 02:07 PM
    @Dinky89484 - It is not necessary to post the same exact question in multiple threads. Please refrain from doing this.
    02-15-09 02:27 PM
    Hello, I cannot find the video tutorial on the Bezel change anymore. My chrom bezel is scratched and I need to replace. Can someone send me the thread with tutorial on how to change the bezel?

Thanks!
    10-30-09 03:30 PM
    It's a sticky... at the top of the page...
    10-30-09 03:48 PM
    Read the link in my sig before you start.
    10-30-09 05:06 PM
    the lock and mute buttons on top are not to hard to transfer over. use a blade to carfully seperate them from the old housing and sticky them onto the new one. the only tough part is the foam surrounding the speaker. you need to transfer that over, however even with a sharp blade its nearly impossible. i used self sticking foam i found elsewhere and cut to shape and install. this foam is important, as you will barely be able to hear callers without it. it only takes a few minutes with the right tools to disassemble the 8900. the Bold was 10x harder, the 8330 is even more of a pain than the Bold. ive done both my 8900's a few times, they are very easy.

and you checked youtube for vids and couldnt find any??? please......theres a bunch

YouTube - blackberry 8900 disassembly
    10-30-09 10:16 PM
    It is quite easy to do, especially after you've done it a few times. Be sure not to be too zealous and screw things too tight and snug. This hasn't happened to me but I've had to try and help an individual who stripped the middle screws from turning them too far. He ultimately had to order new screws. For the sensors, I use tweezers to pull on the sensors and place them in the new bezel.
    10-31-09 03:09 AM
    I Had Fun Changing My Bezel Except For The Foam Pieces Those Are A PAIN!!
    10-31-09 01:22 PM
    its nearly useless trying to remove the foam and reinstall on the new housing. the way they are glued make it hard to completely remove them. i would try going to a hobby shop or art supply store and pick up some new foam to replace it with.
    10-31-09 07:00 PM
    its nearly useless trying to remove the foam and reinstall on the new housing. the way they are glued make it hard to completely remove them. i would try going to a hobby shop or art supply store and pick up some new foam to replace it with.
    I was able to remove the foam when I replaced my bezel but it was a pain in the ****. If you take your time and don't pull too hard then its possible to remove the foam pieces. Keep in mind that they are very easy to tear and you are going to need patience to transfer them over.

When I purchased my bezel, they didn't sell bezels with the foam pieces on them so I had to transfer mine. Since you can now purchase bezels with the foam pieces already attached, I would recommend that you just go that route as well since it is much easier and you do not have to take the pieces off of the original bezel.
    10-31-09 07:07 PM
    on my first 8900 bezel swap, i didnt even bother. i just had some other foam lying around that i used. on my second 8900 swap, i was able to use a fine blade and remove the old foam carefully and replace it onto the new housing.
    10-31-09 07:53 PM
    I just finished changing my bezel. The warranty sticker is long gone, found out that it's made of this foil like material that's really sensitive. Anywho, I didn't transfer my foam over, too easily rips but I didn't find that it decreased my call quality. I called my voicemail and everything sounded ok.
    11-27-09 01:20 PM
    I AGREE LOL. but i have a question. i currently have the black bezel on my 8900 and i successfully swapped all the foam pieces and mesh's, but i might want to change my 8900 all white in the near future...i was just wondering how many times you can swap the foam pieces before they wont stick anymore
    11-28-09 09:44 PM
    Can someone tell me what tools should i buy to change a bezel ? all help with me really appreciated
    07-24-10 11:48 PM
    I will say, I am a relative newbie to the whole CrackBerry scene, especially playing with new bezels and taking my phone apart, but I happily voided my warranty for the shiny black bezel from cnn.cn (definitely buy the screwdriver and tool set from them too, they're invaluable if you don't have them already.)

I was terrified about doing this myself, but after some reassurance from the 8900 guys on here, I've done it about 4-5 times now to trouble shoot my own button problems etc. when the person at the AT&T store didn't do anything to help other than checking for the newest software on CrackBerry, aka ******* useless really. Don't stress about voiding your warranty unless you have it on insurance, read the guide on Radius' signature, that was incredibly helpful for me, and be gentle with the foam pieces, most annoying part of the whole disassemble.

Otherwise take it slow, watch the video a few times and pause it as you do the initial disassemble (and remember which way the trackball came out, had to take mine apart 3 times before I remembered to put it in the right way again)

The parts from cnn.cn are great and really worth the cash, you won't be disappointed (I'm waiting for the new matte black bezel from cnn to come in, time for another change!)

Good luck!
    08-12-10 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD