I tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with this answer. I hope it's just a stupid question, but

How do I save a picture after I've rotated it? I post to a family blog from my phone, and would like to be able to post and email pictures that have been appropriately rotated. I can rotate them, but they always revert back. How do I keep them rotated? TIA from the new guy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 11:56 PM
    ive never seen it done...
    01-30-09 12:09 AM
    I've heard there's an app out there that allows for editing pictures on your BB. I'm sure rotating a pic is included. Maybe check the apps store?
    01-30-09 12:19 AM
    Thanks...I can't believe I can't save my pics after rotating them! This has always been available on my other smartphones.

01-30-09 01:31 PM
    Well, you can, sort of. What you have to do is rotate the image, then go to the menu and copy it into a different folder. The rotated copy will go wherever you specify as long as it's not the original folder. It will tell you the file already exists if you do that.

You will also have images of the same name floating so when you're copying your data from the BB to the PC be aware of that.

Edit: Hmm, I just tried this again and it doesn't seem to be saving the copied images as rotated. I could've sworn that worked before! Bummer.
    01-30-09 02:44 PM
    You can download 'capture it' (a good app to have anyway)
    Then you can rotate the pic, and capture it.
    01-30-09 02:57 PM
    You can find a download in this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cap...capture-94853/
    Last edited by Teek; 01-30-09 at 03:05 PM.
    01-30-09 03:00 PM
    By using that program does it lower the resolution to that of the screen ?
    01-30-09 03:16 PM
    You can find a download in this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cap...capture-94853/
    Thanks! Although Wicked has a good point. Does anyone know if the resolution goes down using capture it? I hope RIM addresses this if they want to be more consumer-oriented.

01-30-09 04:47 PM
    I had the same problem. It's crazy that you can't save rotated or crop pictures on the BBB9700, I don't know about other BBs... I rotated the pictures via the data cable using the Blackberry Media Sync software that came on the CD... I used Windows photo Galary to rotate the pictures whilst I was connected to the Laptop . When I viewed the pics on the BB they were nicely rotated...It worked for me...Hope it helps...
    04-05-10 10:58 AM
    You can download 'capture it' (a good app to have anyway)
    Then you can rotate the pic, and capture it.

Perfect solution! funny thing is, I had the app already but it never occurred to me to use it for that purpose....awesome
    04-07-10 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD