Ive had a BB now for a few months now and just recently came across this site....i want to fully utilize my BB, what programs am i missing??? My BB feels naked without useful apps...help!
    01-29-09 09:28 PM
    Can't really tell you what you are missing, until you tell us what you
    have installed.
    01-29-09 10:15 PM
    Can't really tell you what you are missing, until you tell us what you
    have installed.
    I have navigation, nfl radio,sprint tv, aol/yahoo/gmail/bb messenger , myspace, espn,gmail. thats about it.
    01-29-09 10:27 PM
    Viigo, crackberry launcher, facebook, weather bug, and bolt browser are good paps to have also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 10:59 PM
    Viigo, crackberry launcher, facebook, weather bug, and bolt browser are good paps to have also.

This is going to sound dumb, but where do i get the apps from? i tried from crackberry but its "crackberry app store" icon
    01-29-09 11:18 PM
    01-29-09 11:24 PM
    how do u get weatherbug for free on the blackberry?
    01-29-09 11:33 PM
    Or use opera mini instead of bolt... Whichever you prefer...

01-29-09 11:35 PM
    Opera Mini (Blackberry) - Download

01-29-09 11:37 PM
    Another good weather app is the accuweather pushmark...

Go to www.mobile.blackberry.com

There are a bunch of free/demo applications there.

01-29-09 11:40 PM
    Weathereye is another pretty good weather app if you just want something simple and sleek. Its also free, which is a good bonus!
    01-30-09 12:15 AM
    how do u get weatherbug for free on the blackberry?
    WeatherBug Direct is free. it's one of the apps I love most on my BlackBerry.
    Get your Mobile weather from WeatherBug.com

Edit: I liked WeatherEye too but it's a Canadian service and has limited US locations. I switched to WeatherBug Direct for that reason.

01-30-09 08:34 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

01-30-09 08:37 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wea...nna-die-46326/

01-30-09 08:40 AM
    WeatherBug Direct is free. it's one of the apps I love most on my BlackBerry.
    Get your Mobile weather from WeatherBug.com

Edit: I liked WeatherEye too but it's a Canadian service and has limited US locations. I switched to WeatherBug Direct for that reason.

When I clicked that link, I could barely read it is so small... And like the other poster said, it appears to be a fee after the trial.
    01-30-09 08:57 AM
    As far as apps go, Slacker and Viigo are my favorite so far, and Pac-Man and Nintaii are my favorite games.

You've come to the right place. We'll get thru this, don't worry!
    01-30-09 09:05 AM
    FYI: When researching Weatherbug for BB, I came across a few different things. One is the updated version which has a free trial, then a choice of a 3 month or 12 month subscription. The updated version suggests that people using the old one remove the prior one from installing. However I was able to get the free version (old one) and I will see how that works. Just thought I would toss this info in for those that are interested. BTW: the 1 year subscription is $39.95 and self-renewing.
    01-30-09 09:34 AM
    When I clicked that link, I could barely read it is so small... And like the other poster said, it appears to be a fee after the trial.
    click on this link from your blackberry: it is the OTA download link to weatherbug direct which is FREE

WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry
    01-30-09 09:36 AM
    That Bolt browser really rocks! I got the link almost immediately using Crackberry as the invite cold and Bolt just flies. Thanks so much for the info! Its great!
    01-30-09 10:39 AM
    So sorry, wrong link�
    WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry is the free link for WeatherBug Direct.

p.s. Try setting your browser to column view if the website fonts are too small, or zoom in using the menu key.

01-30-09 01:29 PM
    So sorry, wrong link�
    WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry is the free link for WeatherBug Direct.

p.s. Try setting your browser to column view if the website fonts are too small, or zoom in using the menu key.

Is it possible that I can right click the link, copy shortcut, and paste it in the body of the email, and email it to my bb email account and it work?
    01-30-09 01:34 PM
    Is it possible that I can right click the link, copy shortcut, and paste it in the body of the email, and email it to my bb email account and it work?
    How to copy a link�
    Highlight the Link > MenuKey > Link Address > Copy Address. From there you can paste it into any other app. You can copy a page address to the clipboard in similar fashion.

Last edited by jbeachy; 01-30-09 at 02:03 PM.
    01-30-09 02:00 PM
    Naked BB 8330...HELP!
    Did you dress that thing yet so I can open my eyes???

01-30-09 03:15 PM
    Yahoo Go! is good especially if you use Yahoo mail. Poynt is pretty cool. Its like a phone book but also gives you movie times and maps. You can get it from blackberry.com in their software section. If you like to keep up with the news, the Associated Press news app is pretty cool. It gives you national news and local news. A new one I'm still trying out is VYmail mixed with YouMail. I had it on my Storm and when I got rid of the Storm I figured I would try it on the Curve. Its suppose to be a visual voicemail service but I haven't received any voicemails yet so I don't know how good it is.
    01-30-09 03:34 PM
    As I live in London, is there a UK version of Weatherbug that enables you to search outside the US?
    01-30-09 04:22 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD