I have met at least 10 people this week with BBs who have no idea what they are capable of. When they see me using mine they whip theirs out and say "oh, I have the curve too!"
    We start comparing and that's when I notice... the poor lifeless BB in their hand, completely unpimped. I ask what apps they have... they say "apps?" I ask if they have heard of crackberry.com... I get blank stares. I ask what theme or OS they are using.. more blank stares. I ask for their PIN so we can chit chat... still more blank stares.
    Fellow crackberry addicts: there is a whole world of people out there who still think the BB is a phone that shows them email. We have a mission ahead of us, to educate the population of the world to the extraordinary feats that the BB can do! We must accept this mission and show these people the way to BB freedom! After being shown the light of crackberry how can we keep it to ourselves? It is a gift we must share!
    I feel bad for people who don't own BBs... I feel even worse for people who do own a BB and don't even know what is on it.
    Will you join me in my quest? Let's spread the love and light of our BBs to a world that is still in the dark...
    And yes, I have had alot of coffee this morning.
    01-29-09 10:20 AM
    Lol this girl at my job has a blackberry, and she has NOTHING on it. So one day I was playing around with it and was like do you know all the cool apps that you can have on here. So I let her play with mine and she was so jelous. Needless to say she is a crackberry addict now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 10:25 AM
    lol, I don't think I know 10 people with a BB.
    01-29-09 10:36 AM
    Heh, the IT guys at my work are amazed at my Berry, that and i know alot of things that they don't...
    01-29-09 10:36 AM
    I don't know one soul that has a BB...
    01-29-09 10:44 AM
    I don't know one soul that has a BB...
    how sad!!! that confirms it! We MUST spread the word!
    01-29-09 10:45 AM
    I have met at least 10 people this week with BBs who have no idea what they are capable of. When they see me using mine they whip theirs out and say "oh, I have the curve too!"
    We start comparing and that's when I notice... the poor lifeless BB in their hand, completely unpimped. I ask what apps they have... they say "apps?" I ask if they have heard of crackberry.com... I get blank stares. I ask what theme or OS they are using.. more blank stares. I ask for their PIN so we can chit chat... still more blank stares.
    Fellow crackberry addicts: there is a whole world of people out there who still think the BB is a phone that shows them email. We have a mission ahead of us, to educate the population of the world to the extraordinary feats that the BB can do! We must accept this mission and show these people the way to BB freedom! After being shown the light of crackberry how can we keep it to ourselves? It is a gift we must share!
    I feel bad for people who don't own BBs... I feel even worse for people who do own a BB and don't even know what is on it.
    Will you join me in my quest? Let's spread the love and light of our BBs to a world that is still in the dark...
    And yes, I have had alot of coffee this morning.
    Spread the gospel nursgirl
    01-29-09 10:45 AM
    Lol this irritates me to no end. Why have a phone like this if you're not going to use at least half the great features? I'm constantly showing my friends who got BBs just cuz they like mine **roll eyes** how to do everything. I sent them a link to the CB homepage. I'm too busy playing with mine to show them A-Z. Selfish I know : p

01-29-09 10:48 AM
    lol, I don't think I know 10 people with a BB.
    Most of the people I know with them have gov't issued ones. Nothing but e-mail, even the phone is disabled, and they can't install anything at all on it. No themes, nothing. The only e-mail account allowed is their gov't one.

No fun, no fun at all.
    01-29-09 10:49 AM
    What I don't understand is... how can you have such a wonderful toy and not play with it?!?!?!?!?! It'd be like getting a pony when you were a kid and leaving it in the stable to rot. YUCK!
    01-29-09 11:00 AM
    Lol this irritates me to no end. Why have a phone like this if you're not going to use at least half the great features? I'm constantly showing my friends who got BBs just cuz they like mine **roll eyes** how to do everything. I sent them a link to the CB homepage. I'm too busy playing with mine to show them A-Z. Selfish I know : p

Agreed with you on this one. Theres a woman I work with who just got a bold (while im stuck with my 8300) recently because she liked the full keyboard, but doesnt know how to use the damn thing. I've shown her a few things but she doesnt care to retain it. She says "i dont have time to remember all that" All she wants is to be able to have yahoo messenger, text, and email. I soooooo want to say "here let me give you my 8700, its got text, email, and yahoo messenger, and i'll take your bold off your hands."
    01-29-09 11:03 AM
    A friend of mine was using a moto razr. He's a heavy texter. I spoke of the virtues of crack. He bought a curve a few days ago. We've had "training sessions" he comes over and we open up CB on the laptop and totally geek out.

I removed all of his foreign languages. Optimized battery and memory, installed operamini, weather, 411, CB launcher, flycast, downloaded a bunch of ringtones, sent out BBM info to a dozen people to get his address book crackin', showed how to use profiles, and installed youmail.

He bought the curve 'cause he wanted a full keyboard for texting - he was completely blown away by the other stuff. His opinion was, "why didn't they show me this at Verizon?" I explained that they don't have the time or patience to train all of their customers correctly - that's why we have crackberry.

Since last friday he's converted 2 more "dumb" phone users over to crack and we have another "training session" scheduled for tonight with the 2 new users (a couple who want to use BBM after they heard how fast and functional it is)

So, for those who say they don't know any one with bb's or only a few with bb's. Then it's your job to get more people on crack.

01-29-09 11:14 AM
    Oh yes!!! Thank you sista! I went to my local Alltel store and the guy who was checking out my phone busted out laughing when he seen "Crackberry!". I was like whaaaaa??? "YOU don't use CB",I said! He had no clue! Guess what?? He has now spread the gospel! They all use it now!! I love CB!!

01-29-09 11:26 AM
    Then it's your job to get more people on crack.

RIGHT ON!!! I just laughed so hard at that last line that I almost had coffee coming out my nose!!! LOL
    01-29-09 11:29 AM
    I have held BlackBerry 101 at my house twice- and I look like a crack addict showing my friends how to use their phones. Why in the world do people by BlackBerries if they aren't going to utilize them? Yup that goes along with buying beer just because it's in a pretty bottle.
    01-29-09 12:23 PM
    RIGHT ON!!! I just laughed so hard at that last line that I almost had coffee coming out my nose!!! LOL
    Picture please
    01-29-09 12:24 PM
    Preach the gospel, sister! Can I get an amen? The Church of Crackberry is now in session!

01-29-09 12:38 PM
    Thought you'd get a kick out of this. My gf sent it to me yesterday.

Subject: BlackBerry Prayer: Urban Word of the Day

January 28: BlackBerry Prayer

The supplicating position one assumes when grasping the popular six-ounce wireless combination e-mailer/phone known as the BlackBerry between your palms and thumb-tapping messages on its QWERTY keyboard.

The MUNI is filled with people doing their morning Blackberry Prayer rituals.

01-29-09 12:42 PM
    ... His opinion was, "why didn't they show me this at Verizon?" I explained that they don't have the time or patience to train all of their customers correctly - that's why we have crackberry.
    IMHO a more correct answer to your friend would be

"Most if not all of the Sales People at Verizon (or carrier of choice) have no clue as to what a blackberry can do.

I know i have visited three Verizon Tech store (stores where the best phone techs are supposed to be) and not a one had a clue. In fact one of them did not even know how to turn it on, he kept trying to push the mute button on the top of my curve and then stated "well your battery must be dead". I grabbed my BB and walked out.

I still do not know why every once in a while i get calls from my own cellphone number.
    01-29-09 12:46 PM
    A friend of mine bought a Pearl almost a year ago. When she found out I was getting a Curve she told me to learn how to use it so I could teach her how to use hers.... I gave her this website.
    01-29-09 12:50 PM
    CrackBerry, the friendly addiction! I had fun a couple weeks ago in my local BestBuy, we had a little gathering of BB owners for a while. Everyone had fun, and all got to learn about the CB.

01-29-09 01:11 PM
    I own a cell phone store and I LOVE selling blackberries. In fact you will only find Blackberries on display in my store other than the instinct for sprint as far as PDAs go. Every person I sell the phone too also gets a slip of paper that simply reads "www.crackberry.com" I recently switched a customer from a razr to the curve 8330 on Alltel and he came back in a week later, not with questions, but to thank me for the address to here. I showed him quite a bit in store (we are a smaller location) and left him with CB to follow up on his personal needs out of the phone. Needless to say I have NEVER had a BlackBerry returned only customers coming to learn more from me.
    01-29-09 01:16 PM
    "Most if not all of the Sales People at Verizon (or carrier of choice) have no clue as to what a blackberry can do.
    I gotta say, the sales guy who fixed me up when I went BB shopping knew his stuff inside and out. In fact when he knew what I was looking for he pulled out his personal Curve to use as the demo platform and walked me through lots of features. Of course he was the shift supervisor (I learned while chatting him up as he filled out forms on line after I made my choices) so he might not be a representative example.
    01-29-09 01:16 PM
    I know about 5 people with Berries and none of them know how to use them. At my work, I hold training classes for the other employees on tips and tricks to getting the most out of a device like this. It really is sad at how many people spend big bucks for a device like this and never know what they really have. Everyone I've met that says they hate something like a berry just has no idea how to use one, after they learn a few things, they are totally addicted.
    01-29-09 01:23 PM
    I am so surprised at how many people I have encountered who do not know the capabilities of their device... I also recommend this place to new, and old, users
    01-29-09 01:40 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD