Has anyone else seen the FDA report on the peanut facility that caused the salmonella problem? It is absolutely terrifying to think that I have eaten food containing peanut butter from that place. There is a list I have with over 400 products that are being recalled and I actually had a few things on it in my cabinets. Here is where to find the report.
    http://www.fda.gov/ora/frequent/483s/r_ATL-DO_PCA_Blakely_GA_Form_FDA_483_dtd_Jan_09-27_2009.pdf
    PM me with your email address if you want the list of products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 09:49 AM
    It happens every few years like this. Meat scares, strawberry scares... It's not just a danger of a complex, pre-packaged society either. In the days of self-canning, botulism was actually much MORE prevalent than it is today, for example.

The very old and very young, and immune-compromised most at risk as salmonella is typically a self-limited diarrhea inducing bug.

Good luck either way!
    01-29-09 10:15 AM
    The report was what amazed me. I work in the meat industry and we have the USDA on site all day, every day. We run a very clean facility. If we had even one of those issues they would shut us down until the issue was taken care of and all the product at risk would be disposed of. They knowingly sent out contaminated product.

01-29-09 10:34 AM
    The report was what amazed me. I work in the meat industry and we have the USDA on site all day, every day. We run a very clean facility. If we had even one of those issues they would shut us down until the issue was taken care of and all the product at risk would be disposed of. They knowingly sent out contaminated product.

I hope they get fined alot
    01-29-09 12:24 PM
    What the h*ll won't/can't kill people nowadays...we live in a saran-wrapped society/age that has become one of the most susceptible societies to ailments...even though we have made 'leaps and 'bounds' in safeguards...yet; paradoxically not in many ways.

01-29-09 12:33 PM
    The point is that their product has already caused over 500 people to get sick and caused 6 deaths because they were either too lazy or too inept to clean. I don't want to end up feeding my daughter a salmonella and jelly sandwich.

01-29-09 07:04 PM
    But we sure did get rid of Saddam.
    01-29-09 08:34 PM
    Umm take it from someone who did get sick from it.

I got sick about 3 weeks ago for eating the austin toasted peanut butter crackers. (the ones that actually came up positive) I ate em all the time bc of school easy to grab and i got really sick and was in the ER....sucked. Never been so sick in my entire life

Don't think i'll ever eat peanut butter again. You know now that i have an aversion lol.
    01-29-09 08:59 PM
    That really sucks. Hopefully there are no long term health effects (other than the peanut butter aversion).
    01-30-09 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD