Lots of people talking about rss readers and apps in general, but did a search and couldnt find much on news apps specifically. Im a new bb user since november (bold, love it) and have been evaluating the following news apps i've found:
    AP Mobile news
    CNN
    USA Today
    NY Time
    WSJ

- I deleted CNN as it seems like its headlines are always disasters , doesnt seem to be a balance of news.
    - WSJ is really nice, like the AP mobile news sorta but runs more reliably
    - AP Mobile news is really nice except scrolling new articles is somewhat wierd, sometimes it doesnt load new articles at the top so you have to scroll down, then UP again to display new articles. cumbersome. AP news has almost the same interface minus some graphics except it works better.
    - USA today and NYT are both simple and good interfaces, nice balance of news, less graphical.

re: RSS:
    and using freerange for most feeds, i dont like viigo's cutting off article titles (can that be adjusted? i didnt see how in settings).I also dont like not being able to page down in Viigo as you can do with most BB apps. i do like the graphics in general and the overal navigation. I had tried and deleted newsgator but forgot why i didnt like it. I like freerange alot but not the 10 feed limit, may have to buy in its a good app.

what other news apps (or rss readers) do you like?
    01-29-09 08:58 AM
    Google reader!

Mainly because I only know of that and freerange which (10) feeds stink as you stated. Others on here rave about google reader as well. Give it a shot.
    01-29-09 09:09 AM
    A lot of people use viigo. I find it works pretty well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 09:27 AM
    Not an app. Just a good browser link.

CEO Express mobile.

Links to just about everything one could want.
    01-29-09 08:27 PM
    i use newsgator, its same as freerange and doesnt have a 10 feed limit. anything else is just too much mem
    01-29-09 08:35 PM
    Google reader!

Mainly because I only know of that and freerange which (10) feeds stink as you stated. Others on here rave about google reader as well. Give it a shot.
    Another vote for google reader, the best imo.
    01-29-09 09:20 PM
    I'm using freerange and have 16 feeds currently. For free. I have also seen others post that they are using more than 10 feeds. Just an FYI.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 09:01 AM
    I love Google Reader, but still can't get over the frustration of the mobile site for Blackberry. It would be so much better if they would just add two more links to the list of articles (one to add a star and one to take you straight to the original article).

Has anyone been able to get the iphone and android "advanced" mobile site to work well on Blackberry? Does it do any better in Bolt?
    01-30-09 09:43 AM
    I'll chime in with yet another vote for Google Reader. Used and got rid of Freerange and Viigo, for various reasons. With GR I even get my local small town newspaper on a feed.
    01-30-09 09:53 AM
    For you Google Reader people... do you use the browser or the downloaded app?
    01-30-09 09:55 AM
    Do they have a downloaded app for Google Reader? I would LOVE it if they would come out with something like the Gmail app, but the only thing I have been able to get to work has been the mobile site.
    01-30-09 12:12 PM
    here is the link for the Google Reader app:

Google Mobile - Reader
    01-30-09 12:25 PM
    Viigo....you can even put your Google Reader feeds into it!
    01-30-09 12:32 PM
    Trucky - that is just a link to the web address (I don't have enough posts to do the direct link, but that is not a downloadable application).

Bribears - the only problem with using Viigo is that there is not a great web or desktop version to use on the computer. Also, while it does sync up the feeds you have with Google Reader, it doesn't sync up the read/unread and star/unstar status of the individual articles. If it did that would make it worth keeping the application (despite the memory drain).
    01-30-09 01:12 PM
    Trucky - that is just a link to the web address (I don't have enough posts to do the direct link, but that is not a downloadable application).

Ahh, so sorry... It looked like an app link like all the other Google apps have. You're right, it only takes you to the same web page.
    01-30-09 01:36 PM
    Don't need an app for Google reader, just a bookmark and your set.
    01-30-09 03:39 PM
    Viigo all the way for me, the new version was released a couple days ago, very nice...
    01-30-09 03:42 PM
    As much as I like Viigo, it just sucks up too much memory on my 8830. If it could store feeds on SD card, then it would be one of the better options.
    01-30-09 07:03 PM
    great news ,going to see about getting more feeds on freerange, check newsgator again, checkout the new viigo, google reader, etc etc.. lots of ideas thanks!
    01-30-09 08:41 PM
    There's a way to add feeds within BB browser. It's not a complete offline solution, but I noticed that I can keep my reader.google.com synchronized to a predefined rate.
    02-16-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD