i know this has been addressed many MANY times already, but i was on the train going to NYC last night and a guy (23-26) sits next to me while im playing tiltres. (im 22 if that helps clear anything up)

he goes "storm? i got rid of mine it sucks." and he whips out an iphone. he continues "this is what you need right here" i was like "na im alright with my storm. he asks me what kind of apps i have for it. i told him nothing really, waiting for those. he starts clicking all his apps and like check this out, check that out. then he goes on about how smooth and fast the iphone is and how his storm was so slow and glitchy.

a teenage girl (id guess 18 or 19) enters the train with a storm, sits across from me. and says "hey what you got there. a lil thunder and lightning?" im like "indeed i do", she pulls hers out and is like how do you like it. Im like i love it, i just downloaded the leaked .90 os and said its a little buggy but its coming along. she goes "boo i still use 75" so i handed her the phone to check it out a little.

the guy then continues on about how AT&T service is better, and how the iphone is better. i tell him straight up "bro, you do realise it was a few months before the iphone was considered good. it took a few updates and patches to get where it is now. like everything else it only gets better with time." now his phone rings as we are entering grandcentral station. he answers it, starts talking while i conversate with the girl. she hands me the phone back and mentions she likes the .90 and still plans on waiting til theres an official release.

as we pull into the station and mr iphone says to whoever hes talking to "well i got to go my service is about to cut out because we are in the tunnel." just then his service cuts out. and i look at my phone, she looks at hers. we both laugh and i start looking out the window looking around. he asks whats so funny? what are you looking for? i tell him "that guy with the glasses must be in the tunnel, because i have full service"

train stops we all get off and hes like "ya whatever the storm still sucks" as im walkin away i ask him if that statement made him feel any better?? the girl turns to him and says nice talking to you dork and we all go our separate ways
    01-29-09 07:58 AM
    Awesome story. Lifes little moments r what its all about! The storm rocks bro. I love mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:10 AM
    I totally hear that buddy. But the laypersion always has things twisted. I was walking around in a mall with my wife the other day when one of the center kiosk (happened to be a AT&T one, i can only asume it wasnt a corporate store) calls me over. Without even introducing himself starts going on and on and on about the iPhone. So i sit there listing to his little lecture. Part way in he started showing me the browser, and appologised on the slow speed because he had poor reception. Just about when he was winding down, i recieved a txt (The lovly sound of a Murloc from WoW,) and i pull out my storm. Instantly he shuts up. I said "Funny, i have full bars right here" and go about answering my txt. The guy turns to my wife and attempts to sell her the iPhone, she just pulls out her Curve, waves it at him, and says "Sorry, we're with Verizon"

The AT&T guys know they it's almost impossible to convert a CrackBerry addict. When with the iPhone users realize this?
    01-29-09 08:13 AM
    very funny! what a loser.
    01-29-09 08:14 AM
    I totally hear that buddy. But the laypersion always has things twisted. I was walking around in a mall with my wife the other day when one of the center kiosk (happened to be a AT&T one, i can only asume it wasnt a corporate store) calls me over. Without even introducing himself starts going on and on and on about the iPhone. So i sit there listing to his little lecture. Part way in he started showing me the browser, and appologised on the slow speed because he had poor reception. Just about when he was winding down, i recieved a txt (The lovly sound of a Murloc from WoW,) and i pull out my storm. Instantly he shuts up. I said "Funny, i have full bars right here" and go about answering my txt. The guy turns to my wife and attempts to sell her the iPhone, she just pulls out her Curve, waves it at him, and says "Sorry, we're with Verizon"

The AT&T guys know they it's almost impossible to convert a CrackBerry addict. When with the iPhone users realize this?
    I had horrible service with ATT. And it was more expensive. I'm glad I went back to Verizon. Have had them for about 10 years combined - only about 2 years at ATT - hands down better reception with Verizon.

I'm sure they are pushing those iPhones hard right now. Surely they've had a decline in sales.
    01-29-09 08:16 AM
    Cool stories. I'm not the biggest advocate on CB for the Storm but in time the Storm will be the best touch screen on the market. The iphone targets a certain demographic and I'm not one of those people. I don't need or want a ton of useless apps and games on my phone. Its all about networking and productivity for me and that's what's blackberry is all about.

01-29-09 08:19 AM
    I am pretty sure once you buy an Apple product it sends out some sort of signal that brainwashes the owner to believing that nothing is better than Apple. Often I wonder if you cut these people would apple juice come out.
    01-29-09 08:20 AM
    I think the iPhone is pretty cool, especially the app store. It does not suck at all, however AT&T is terrible which then cause the phone to be less productive.

I love Verizon, but I do think the Storm needs a lot of help, which will come in time, so that turd on the train needs to relax and keep his iPhone comments to himself, because the phone is only as good as the network it's on.

My friend has the 3G iPhone and everytime we went to the Phillies game his junk service would never work for him. So he would constantly try to hook up to their WiFi which would take forever then eventually crash. So he could never get service, so all his texts and internet were shot. Honestly, how the **** can the service be that bad in a large Metro city like Philadelphia??
    01-29-09 10:07 AM
    The guy who sits next to me at work has had a Iphone for a year and half. Yesterday we were comparing phones since I just picked up my Storm last week. He said "I bet your phone doesn't have google maps like the Iphone". I hit the apps icon and show him it did since I downlaoded it the night before. He said "Well I bet it you that you can't get street view on that." I open up google maps hit the pushed the screen and hit street and showed him the front of our building. He walked away. He does not get signal at his desk so I've been pulling up websites all day showing him. LOL.
    01-29-09 12:21 PM
    Typical iPhone response I think.

I had a guy try to convince me his iTouch is better then my storm. I was like that's apples and oranges.
    01-29-09 12:24 PM
    Great story... ya gotta remember, they are just jealous and trying to figure out their purpose in life.
    01-29-09 12:25 PM
    The guy who sits next to me at work has had a Iphone for a year and half. Yesterday we were comparing phones since I just picked up my Storm last week. He said "I bet your phone doesn't have google maps like the Iphone". I hit the apps icon and show him it did since I downlaoded it the night before. He said "Well I bet it you that you can't get street view on that." I open up google maps hit the pushed the screen and hit street and showed him the front of our building. He walked away. He does not get signal at his desk so I've been pulling up websites all day showing him. LOL.
    hahahaha

I'm a huge fan of the iPhone but AT&T service is truly atrocious.
    01-29-09 12:26 PM
    Funny story indeed. The other day a co-worker who is on AT&T is asking me what I pay for my Verizon service and concludes it's too expensive and he pays less. I ask him how his service is and he says he doesn't have a signal and needs to go near a door or window at our job. So I tell him my service is fine and I'll gladly pay a little more for better coverage and what good are lower rates when you can't make/receive calls for eight hours a day at work. Keep in mind our job is a few miles from NYC.

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-29-09 at 12:39 PM.
    01-29-09 12:36 PM
    As a fellow NY'er I can appreciate the tunnel scene. I had an Iphone 3G and a bold on ATT. I take metro north out of Penn Station. On ATT, as soon as we hit the tunnel I had no service. Zero. On Verizon with my strom, 5 bars with EVDO through the entire tunnel.
    01-29-09 12:41 PM
    I really haven't heard anyone say anything negative about my Storm. I like mine a lot. My only slight frustrations are pictures and the lag when answering my phone. Other than that, I love it. I actually like tinkering with things and trying to figure out all of it's capabilities.

It's a great phone.
    01-29-09 12:56 PM
    AT&T's reception blows sh*t hard. I like my iPhone but it's no Storm killer or anything, it has it's own faults.
    01-29-09 01:11 PM
    AT&T's reception blows sh*t hard. I like my iPhone but it's no Storm killer or anything, it has it's own faults.
    Well, it looks like you would know! I had a Storm for a few weeks back in December but returned it because of the crappy ear piece and the fact that the outgoing sounded "muffled" (seems this is hit or miss now, some have it others don't). I am going to wait a few more months to probably come back to it. However, I thought I would give ATT & the Iphone a try a few weeks ago. The map says I should be saturated in 3G - and I am even on a high spot in my neighborhood - but 3G would not stick as soon as I hit the browser or made a call. My Sprint service is excellent and VZW had great service too, but ATT just does not get it done. I do not understand why people put up with it - even for a "cool" phone.
    01-29-09 01:25 PM
    a addon to my story. We just had a special event at our work where we needed to take picture and the cameras needs a flash. We didn't need the pictures just really needed a flash. The back story why just flash is a long story. So anyway I had my storm out taking pictures with the flash and looked at him and ask if he was going to take pictures with his Iphone. He looked and me and said the Iphone doesn't have flash. So the rest of the event I kept flashing right next to him just to rub it in. On a side note he's a good guy and we are freinds so its all in good humor, but its kind of fun shoving a better or soon to be product in his face.
    01-29-09 01:51 PM
    The Storm has it's issues as do most first generation products, BUT I love mine. And fiddling with it and trying leaked software etc, is half the fun!
    01-29-09 02:37 PM
    a addon to my story. We just had a special event at our work where we needed to take picture and the cameras needs a flash. We didn't need the pictures just really needed a flash. The back story why just flash is a long story. So anyway I had my storm out taking pictures with the flash and looked at him and ask if he was going to take pictures with his Iphone. He looked and me and said the Iphone doesn't have flash. So the rest of the event I kept flashing right next to him just to rub it in. On a side note he's a good guy and we are freinds so its all in good humor, but its kind of fun shoving a better or soon to be product in his face.
    You forgot to tell the ending. He then asked you "let me see those pics smart arse!". You pulled out your Storm with a great big smile ready to put him to shame "hold on champ.....huh? WTH?!! Oh for crying out loud!!!!!".

"What's wrong?"

"The damnn things didn't save!!!!"

"What do you mean they didn't save?.....dude I'm talking to you. What do you mean? What's wrong? HEY I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!"

"You know what never mind!!"

"Why are you hiding your phone? Let me see"

"No!!"

"Why?"

"The damn thing locked up ok?!!

stay tuned for part 2...................

Last edited by cereal killer; 01-29-09 at 07:17 PM.
    01-29-09 03:44 PM
    haha what a douch bag...he was totally jealous!

he knows that verizon is where its at!
    01-29-09 04:02 PM
    Typical iPhone response I think.

I had a guy try to convince me his iTouch is better then my storm. I was like that's apples and BlackBerrys.
    Fixed it for ya!
    01-29-09 04:17 PM
    Sounds like an exaggerated story, Verizons coverage is not any better than ATT in my area, regardless, all things considered, the Storm is definitely pails compared to the iPhone, it is like comparing a Geo Storm to a GTR.
    01-29-09 04:21 PM
    I hear stories similar to this all of the time! Good for you. And I love my Storm... it is soFAB!!

the FABexperience
    01-29-09 04:26 PM
    Sounds like an exaggerated story, Verizons coverage is not any better than ATT in my area, regardless, all things considered, the Storm is definitely pails compared to the iPhone, it is like comparing a Geo Storm to a GTR.
    Hey now, the Storm wasn't such a bad car. Dirt cheap, reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive!
    01-29-09 04:34 PM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD