Is it possible to sync multiple calendars from Google with calendar on the storm. I have 2 categories on google. Work and Family. For some reason only one of them is syncing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 06:53 AM
    Open Google Sync
    Menu
    Options
    Under 'Sync these Calendars:' - click on your calendar name
    Should bring up another screen to select the calendars you want to sync.
    Close and save.
    01-29-09 07:02 AM
    Wow! Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that.

01-29-09 07:11 AM
    That takes care of my Storm syncing multiple calendars....now if Google sync on my laptop would only do the same for my outlook.....
    01-29-09 08:17 AM
    Why does mine only say "default", through google, my wife and I shar a calendar - but that doesn't show up??
    01-29-09 05:48 PM
    I am having no luck with my BB 8900 with this Google Sync thing. I am frustrated beyond words right now. It just about broke my phone too!!!!! Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this ANOYING problem?
    01-30-09 07:08 AM
    Mine works like a charm with all my calendars... I'll post some screen shots of my config screens when I get a chance... maybe that will clear things up for those of you who are having problems, maybe it won't, but I'll give it a shot.
    01-30-09 07:56 AM
    Here are the screenshots... see if your setup looks/works like this or not.

The first shot is where I bring up the options while looking at the google sync status.
    Attachment 11272

once I click on "options" I'll see the next screen, which lists all of my currently-syncing calendars at the bottom.
    Attachment 11273

I can click on those...
    Attachment 11274

and it brings up the screen where I can select which calendars I want to sync and which ones I don't. The "My Calendars" list at the top are calendars I have full control over. the "Other Calendars" are either public calendars or "view only" calendars shared by others.
    Attachment 11275

As you would assume, I had to do one initial sync before this list was populated.

I don't know if this will help or not, but hopefully it will.
    01-30-09 12:53 PM
    I have a problem with Google Sync which I think has no solution: whenever I create a meeting using a certain account it never shows up on Google Calendar (the other one @gmail works fine).

Not sure what is the relation between the e-mail account and Google Calendar but when I create a meeting using that account it doesn't show up
    02-03-09 07:03 AM
    Hello,

I'm syncing a calendar with Google, and that works fine. The problem is that duplicates show up on my Storm. This is caused by the Storm showing both my synced calendar and my Device Default calendar (I have them colored differently, so I get the same event in 2 colors...nice, but annoying.) I use the options menu to set the calendar selection only to my synced calendar, but that setting doesn't seem to hold after Google Sync performs a sync. So many times a day, I see both calendars, and therefore I see duplicates.

Any suggestions? Not sure how to get the calendar selection to remain permanent (or at least until I choose differently). Also not sure why the duplicates are happening in the first place.

Thanks.
    02-11-09 03:17 PM
    Hello,

I'm syncing a calendar with Google, and that works fine. The problem is that duplicates show up on my Storm. This is caused by the Storm showing both my synced calendar and my Device Default calendar (I have them colored differently, so I get the same event in 2 colors...nice, but annoying.) I use the options menu to set the calendar selection only to my synced calendar, but that setting doesn't seem to hold after Google Sync performs a sync. So many times a day, I see both calendars, and therefore I see duplicates.

Any suggestions? Not sure how to get the calendar selection to remain permanent (or at least until I choose differently). Also not sure why the duplicates are happening in the first place.

Thanks.
    DesertBB, the device default calendar is showing because at some point in the past either google sync was set up before an email account was set on your phone, or an email was set up then deleted then installed again. Any time you remove an email account from the Storm that has appointments on its calendar, the appointments will stay with the phone and will be placed in the Device Default calendar. At this point they are just a nuisance…they do not affect your sync.

You can get rid of the device default calendar without affecting the calendar that is syncing properly. When looking at the calendar go to menu > Select Calendar... Then choose the Device Default calendar. Now choose the "Month" view and scroll forward a few months. You will either have nothing on the calendar or you will have some reoccurring events. If you have reoccurring events, click on the day where you have a meeting, softly touch (not click) the meeting you want to delete, and then go to menu > Delete. Delete the entire series. Once you’ve done this with all of your reoccurring meetings, go to menu > view agenda, then menu > Delete Prior. Close your calendar and then open it back up again. Go to menu > Select Calendar and you should no longer see the Device Default. If you still do, you did not successfully delete all of the appointments in that calendar. Once they are all deleted, the Device Default will disappear and you will no longer see the duplicates.

Hope this helps.
    03-06-09 11:14 AM
    Here are the screenshots... see if your setup looks/works like this or not.

The first shot is where I bring up the options while looking at the google sync status.
    Attachment 11272

once I click on "options" I'll see the next screen, which lists all of my currently-syncing calendars at the bottom.
    Attachment 11273

I can click on those...
    Attachment 11274

and it brings up the screen where I can select which calendars I want to sync and which ones I don't. The "My Calendars" list at the top are calendars I have full control over. the "Other Calendars" are either public calendars or "view only" calendars shared by others.
    Attachment 11275

As you would assume, I had to do one initial sync before this list was populated.

I don't know if this will help or not, but hopefully it will.
    geewhipped,

This is a great way to see all of your google calendars, but don't they sync to one color on your blackberry? In other words, how do you know which calendar you are looking at once they are downloaded to the phone?

I was able to get three calendars synced, each with separate colors, but had to do it by syncing one through google sync, and the other two through Desktop Manager. All worked well the first time and google sync is running great. However, when I went to sync through Desktop Manager again, only one of my calendars would sync. The other would start to sync and then it would just stop...no error...nothing. To fix this I had to remove the email address from the phone, reinstall it, and then sync again. But it looks like I'm going to have to do this every time I want to sync.

Any advice?
    03-06-09 11:19 AM
    I got nuthin'
    as of now, the gsync app just lumps all your calendar items into one color. this doesn't bother me because I can generally tell which items belong to whom, but I can understand how that might not be the case for you.
    All we can hope for is that google gives us a new version of sync that talks to the BB calendar more clearly and is able to keep things separate... either that or google gives us a complete gcal app that integrates very tightly with the OS so you can use it instead of the BB cal.
    03-06-09 11:41 AM
    It would be cool but I think the problem is that bb has no multi color options.
    It doesn't really bother my, but maybe giving appointments a prefix would work, but would not be pretty.

03-06-09 01:24 PM
    It would be cool but I think the problem is that bb has no multi color options.
    It doesn't really bother my, but maybe giving appointments a prefix would work, but would not be pretty.

BB does have multiple colors for different calendars...I have three different colors now. The challenge is that in order to get those, you need to sync with Desktop Manager for each calendar. This is done by changing the default calendar (options>advanced options>default services) on the bb and then sync through desktop manager to the desired calendar in outlook. Pain in the **** to pull off, but it works. Hopefully bb will realize that there is a need for better support for multiple calendars.
    03-06-09 02:22 PM
    I actually got multiple Google calendars onto my device (Bold) in different colors today by viewing a particular calendar that matched the default services for calendar (advanced options), then logging in and syncing only that calendar.

I then had to change the calendar being viewed, change the default services for calendar to match, and sync only that calendar. It did create multiple colors from the Google Sync, but it would require major hassles to sync correctly.

By the way, I set it to sync manually, just to be safe. I did notice that events I changed on the device did not show up online. Hmm?

03-06-09 07:00 PM
    Yes, this is what I've experienced as well. Google sync mobile seems to allow two-way sync to the main calendar of the google account; however, for any other calendars in that account, only one-way sync works (google to bb). Anyone know how to get two-way sync for more than one calendar with google sync mobile?
    03-16-09 12:28 PM
    I actually got multiple Google calendars onto my device (Bold) in different colors today by viewing a particular calendar that matched the default services for calendar (advanced options), then logging in and syncing only that calendar.

I then had to change the calendar being viewed, change the default services for calendar to match, and sync only that calendar. It did create multiple colors from the Google Sync, but it would require major hassles to sync correctly.

By the way, I set it to sync manually, just to be safe. I did notice that events I changed on the device did not show up online. Hmm?

Interesting...... this could work if I understand it correctly.

- 2 different google email/calendar accounts, both added to BIS
    - set google sync app to manual
    - on a daily basis (at least) login to each account and sync the calendars

So it does require some manual work to change the default calendar and view each time but it's a workaround for now.
    03-19-09 07:28 PM
    I'm having the same problems as Philly-sports (only seeing default, when I have about 5 different calendars I'd like to see from my google account)... what does the syncing through desktop manager involve? I'd like to try that to access ALL calendars (and not just the default), but am looking for some instructions / tips... my aplogoes in advance is this is a lame question, but would be a big help!
    03-20-09 11:39 AM
    Open Google Sync
    Menu
    Options
    Under 'Sync these Calendars:' - click on your calendar name
    Should bring up another screen to select the calendars you want to sync.
    Close and save.
    I followed the steps above to setup multiple calendars to sync. However, both calendars are showing in the same color on my device. I don't see the secondary calendar on the list when you go to "Select Calendar." Am I missing something?
    03-20-09 01:05 PM
    NO1: I can't say thanks enough!! I have been working on this for days!!!! I know it only works one-way, but that's all I was trying to achieve. Sharing two calendars in two different colors. THANKS A LOT!!!!

08-23-09 02:38 PM
    So, I'm trying to figure something out for my sister. She has a google calendar with one for personal items and the other for work. When she adds items to her calendar from her phone they add to the default calendar within google. Is there any way to be able to specify which calendar new items get added to? so that you can add both personal and work items from your phone. she has the same phone as I, a Curve 8330.

Thanks.
    08-27-09 09:00 AM
    So, I'm trying to figure something out for my sister. She has a google calendar with one for personal items and the other for work. When she adds items to her calendar from her phone they add to the default calendar within google. Is there any way to be able to specify which calendar new items get added to? so that you can add both personal and work items from your phone. she has the same phone as I, a Curve 8330.

Thanks.
    Not that I've found... there is only the option to pick one of your calendars to sync your hand held entries to... so, by default all BB entered events would sync with the same Google calendar, regardless of how many Google calendars you have.

It sucks.. so does the lack of color coding for your multiple Google calendars on the BB... both need to get updated IMO.
    08-27-09 09:38 AM
    This can be done. . .

Within Google Sync, click BB button; select "Options". I sync automatically (contacts, calendar 24 future and 4 previous weeks, alarms).

Scroll down to "Sync these Calendars" section. Click BB button; select "Change Option".

In the "Add new handheld events to" section, I typically leave it as "none" to avoid problems. When I add a new event on the device and I want it to go to a particular calendar, I change this option to the Google Calendar I want new events posted to, then save and sync. I then change the option back to "none" after the sync, and save changes.

I am currently running seven different calendars through Google, syncing each one from the handheld as needed. I am not doing the color-coded process - wasn't worth the hassle - not a deal-breaker for me. You just have to remember to change that setting for new handheld events and only add events on the handheld for a single calendar, change option, sync, then add events for other calendars, change option, etc. Really not too complex once you do it a couple of times.

Best of luck.
    08-29-09 05:17 PM
    I set up Google sync on my (and my husband's) Blackberry Storms for the first time last night. I set up a calendar we can both access and change, a workout calendar just for myself and a work appt calendar for my husband. Everything worked great I even added Holidays under "other" on in google sync. Today I tried to add another calendar for myself with my husband having viewing access and a sports team. I have synced multiple times - the first ones I set up last night are working fine. The new ones I created today do not show up to select on the Storm. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I should have know it was too easy last night...... Thanks.
    09-25-09 11:28 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD