I am a new BlackBerry user & I love my BlackBerry! I have a new T-Mobile BB 8100 Pearl. I notice that I'm only getting barely 2 days before I have to recharge, is this normal or something wrong? I have the phone on auto on & off. The duration for each day is 15.5 hrs. I text, talk time is about 15 -30 minutes, I do check email (I only get about 2-3 emails a day ) & I hardly ever use my browser. Please let me know what you guys are getting out of a full charge. Great forum by the way! Thanks!
    01-14-08 08:20 PM
    01-14-08 08:22 PM
    Anybody experiencing this?
    01-14-08 11:47 PM
    i just came back to a pearl 8100 after using a sony for some time. My battery life is amazing, one of the features i definitely missed. I am starting day 3 from a full charge and still have 73% remaining.
    01-15-08 01:02 AM
    Battery ussualy is down to 30% or so after 2 days of use. Have to reload it then, else I wont make it trough the next day. Sometimes it happens that I use my BB a little less. Those times I can make it up to 3 days.

But I don't care, since I recharge my phone at night and pull it out in the morning. It wouldn't bother if I had to do it every evening
    01-15-08 06:00 AM
    Mine last 1 to 2 days, but I have mine in the hand all the time. I have two emails accounts receiving email all day and responding, viigo, weather push, AOL IM, Yahoo Go, and on the Internet frequently. Always talking to someone. I put my phone to bed when I go to bed so what is the difference. I also carry a car charger in case I need it when I am using Telenav.
    01-15-08 08:17 AM
    I use mine constantly and from a full charge I get about 2 1/2 days before I hit 25%. So, I probably could go the full 3 days if I let it. Then I have to recharge. I think it's pretty good life for the amount I'm using it.
    01-16-08 09:00 AM
    I had the same question as you did- in the original question of this thread.

I just got my BB the a couple weeks ago. The battery life keeps "surprising" me- sometime it will last longer than I expect, then out of the blue, it will take a deep loss of life when I least expect it. Nothing too serious- but I'm just not used to it.

Mine lasts the same amount of time as yours- I don't have e-mail on it though- and I've played with it a little more since it's new the past couples weeks- getting used to the menus and what-not.

Regardless though, I am still having to charge it by the end of the 2nd day.
    They aren't really known for AWESOME battery life...standby is long- but I'm sure they left the phone ON STANDYBY and nothing else and let it sit there until the battery died.

Otherwise, the backlight is what takes a lot of battery power (besides phone calls) - similar to a laptop- that screen sucks up the juice.

Read that link someone left- I just did- try those things and they might help.

I think people ananlyze a battery when they first get a phone ( I left a thread on here about the Pearl battery a few days ago and no one answered me)- and then we just get used to pluggin it in each night (in most cases)- it doesnt sound like your battery life is much different than mine, and out usage runs about the same.
    01-17-09 03:23 PM
    It depends partly on how much data you use, if your doing things that require alot of memory its likely that your battery will die exponentially faster, I for example, use my browser alot during the day and I have to charge my battery after 6-7 hrs.
    01-18-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD