Ok so I called Verizon today about upgrading and I informed them that I'm eligible to upgrade until next year and was wondering how much the phone would cost, which all of these questions I knew the answers to. Im sure you all know the phone is $499.99.

Well my question is, does anyone know where to get it cheaper, other than e-bay? Somewhere legit?

Thank You
    01-28-09 10:12 PM
    I've over heard rumors that if you currently have a blackberry (or any phone) and your not happy with it and you've only been in your contract a few months, you can complain about signal and that you don't want the same phone, and sometimes they will let you do a customer upgrade early to next phone in the series, which would be the storm since verizon does not carry anything but the pearl or the curve.

I have not tried this, so don't go quoting me. I waited until i saw a used one go up on craigslist, and payed 300 for it. its a lot cheaper then 499 (535 with tax)
    01-29-09 12:37 AM
    yea i got my storm unlocked for 375.00 off clist and the bought it to my job for and extra 25.00
    01-29-09 12:46 AM
    Yeah. They brought mine to my house. They lived like an hour and a half away and still brought it for an extra 20 bucks. I would say just waited out and keep looking on CList or keep trying to win auctions. or if your in definite need, do what i suggested.
    01-29-09 12:53 AM
    Ok so I called Verizon today about upgrading and I informed them that I'm eligible to upgrade until next year and was wondering how much the phone would cost, which all of these questions I knew the answers to. Im sure you all know the phone is $499.99.

Well my question is, does anyone know where to get it cheaper, other than e-bay? Somewhere legit?

Thank You

so youre NOT eligible till next year..?? with my 2 year new contract i got a $100 credit with $50 instant rebate.. phone was only 100 bucks for me..
    01-29-09 01:24 AM
    so youre NOT eligible till next year..?? with my 2 year new contract i got a $100 credit with $50 instant rebate.. phone was only 100 bucks for me..
    I'm sure he's happy that you got such a great price for yourself, but I don't believe your wonderful experience quite addresses the question he had, unless you're trying to sell yours. If that's the case, you made a big mistake in telling him how much you paid, because he's going to have no choice but to lowball you.
    01-29-09 01:45 AM
    I have tried Craigslist in my area. All of the Storms on there are used.

Also, Im not here to start with anyone about how much they got there's, so whatever deal you got, you got, Im just trying to find the best deal for myself.

If anyone has any more suggestions I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks everyone for replying thus far.
    01-29-09 06:13 AM
    Can't help but notice a Storm 9530 as your listed phone; are you looking for a 2nd Storm? What makes you believe a legit source would sell a brand new Storm below the price offered by carriers or the price asked for used units on Ebay and Craigslist? Will you stick to the official carriers or are you looking for an unlocked phone for less than the $499.00?

FWIW, 499 is cheap for a Storm without contract; here in Canada the lowest price without a contract is 600. Insurance premiums are double and the replacement cost is 150.
    01-29-09 06:30 AM
    Well I planned on purchasing mine two days ago, but I changed my mind, but I will own one within a week no matter what, so its up there for future reference.

I think Verizons' service is my area is amazing. Considering there are towers close to my house, close enough where i can see them, they make a quad formation with one in the middle. Its weird, and yes that means there are five by my house.

I have had Verizon for 6 years, hasn't let me down yet.

Just looking for it cheaper. I have never owned a Blackberry so you all know. It would be almost $550 with tax, plus the upgrade for having a Blackberry which is $30-$40 extra a month which I dont mind.
    01-29-09 01:35 PM
    I'm sellin mine ...anyone in los angeles?
    01-29-09 02:38 PM
    i wish i could find a Storm for cheap
    01-29-09 02:49 PM
    If you're currently with Verizon, you can upgrade every 12 months for a $50 discount/credit towards your phone. You'll have to sign a NEW 2 YEAR agreement, but if you love Verizon who cares. If you purchase a NEW Storm from Verizons website, they're offering a $50 rebate as well. Add them up, that's $100 off your new Storm, bringing your cost down to $149.99+tax, etc. Significantly cheaper than the $550+ you're expecting to pay. Just a thought
    01-29-09 02:58 PM
    Will they actually let me renew it even though my two years are not up?
    01-29-09 03:25 PM
    Check with them again, I was able to do an early upgrade. My upgrade was not until July. But when I went in and have had 3 previous issues with my LG and was on #3 replacement. And told them I wanted to upgrade my phone and plan, they were more than happy to oblige. $200 later I had my storm.

I have also been a Verizon customer for 10 years. There is something to be said for sticking with one company. Just ask my auto insurance, I get such a good rate others cannot compete with renewals, been with Progressive for again almost 10 years.
    01-29-09 03:31 PM
    I had upgraded my fiance's phone around 2 months prior to me getting the storm(thus renewing my contract).And they still just renewed my contract and I got the storm for $200.00
    01-29-09 03:38 PM
    Well I have only had my current LG phone for 11 months. I had the first chocolate, had constant problems, they upgraded me to the second version after having 3. Now I'm on my 5th second version. I'm not sure how this is going to work out. I am going to call Verizon right now.

Ok so I called Verizon they said I cant upgrade because I am not the primary number. Damn, it looks like I am going to be paying full price.

Any other solutions out there.
    01-29-09 03:40 PM
    They should. Call Customer Service or go into your local VZW store and ask. They may only offer you a $50 discount/rebate depending on your account (how much you spend w/ them each month, how long you've been a customer, etc) but even $50 off is better than paying full retail or risking buying a Storm with a bad ESN. It never hurts to ask...

EDIT: If you're not the primary number, politely ask the holder of the primary number if you can use their upgrade. Odds are against you, but again, it never hurts to ask
    Last edited by handscreate; 01-29-09 at 03:46 PM.
    01-29-09 03:43 PM
    do the math if you get a second line then you can get the phone at the dicounted price and the second line will only cost 9.99 per month just a suggestion if you don't want to put out the 500.00
    01-29-09 03:48 PM
    Not looking to add another line, it is a good idea, but rather skip that idea. Thank you for the suggestion. As soon as I figure out what I am doing, thanks to every ones help, I will def inform you all of my choice and when I get the phone, no later than next Saturday.

Keep posting those ideas if you have any. Greatly appreciated.
    01-29-09 04:19 PM
    So I get my storm tomorrow. I purchased it from someone on the forum. I'll let everyone know how it goes
    02-02-09 03:00 PM
    if you had your storm for 11 months... you should be eligible for an upgrade...
    you won't get any $50/$100 discount... but you should be able to get your storm for $200 with a 2yr contract.

also try wirefly.com they let you upgrade early... is not going to be $200 .. but it is going to be cheaper than $550
    02-02-09 06:42 PM
    I'm six month into my contract with the LG Dare. The best deal they would give is the year price. $319 + tax and then a $50 rebate. After all is said and done I'll end up paying $310 after tax. Seems like a good deal
    02-02-09 06:58 PM
    For what its worth I have many lines. I just bought a new one today for my fiance. The best deal they could get me was 199.99 with a 50 dollar rebate so the actual price is 149.99 before taxes and after the rebate. Hope tht helps.

PS - You only get the 100 off if its the primary account number. When I got my first storm it was only 100 because of this. If you have a data card for your computer that counts as a primary, thats how I got mine done.
    02-02-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD