Has anyone ever gotten this error on your Blackberry screen when plugging the USB cord into it while it was plugged into computer.

ERROR: USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed.

Note: I have a Blackberry Curve 8320
    01-14-08 02:30 PM
    Using a Dell?

If this is the first time and you got this error and you have been using this for quite sometime, try rebooting your computer. Leave your device connected and see it if will automatically power up your USB and charge or connect.
    Last edited by chinesecatt; 01-14-08 at 02:37 PM.
    01-14-08 02:34 PM
    HP, I've tried on two computers so far, no dice for me.
    01-14-08 02:35 PM
    This is possible if you are using a non powered USB hub, or possibly USB 1.1. Either way, your USB port does not have enough power to charge the BlackBerry.

You might try to find updated USB drivers for your computers.
    01-14-08 02:37 PM
    Are you talking about the port or cord? I am using the cord the Blackberry gave me. And where would I find these drivers? Im not to sure what to search for online for the correct driver.
    01-14-08 02:39 PM
    Is this the first time you have connected your device to your computer? Are you running on Vista?
    01-14-08 02:42 PM
    It is on of my 1st times connecting to the computer. I am running Windows XP from my computer.
    01-14-08 02:47 PM
    Have you installed the Desktop Manager?
    01-14-08 02:51 PM
    On my computer or on my Blackberry? Where would I get this?
    01-14-08 02:53 PM
    Did your device come with a computer disc? That's where you will find the software.

Or you can go to BlackBerry and get the current Desktop Manager Software.
    Last edited by emptydarkone; 01-14-08 at 03:08 PM.
    01-14-08 03:01 PM
    On my computer or on my Blackberry? Where would I get this?
    Desktop Manager will be on your computer. You can charge your BB device without the Desktop Manager if you update your XP driver for the RIM. I suggest, updating the driver is needed as well so you can have your USB Kernel driver installed. You can find that update by searching here Windows XP: Finding Driver Information. Once you have successfully installed that driver, it will be listed on your Device Manager.
    01-14-08 03:08 PM
    SO once I download the 4.3 version I should be fine? Or do I have to do anything after that? (I downloaded the Desktop Manager 4.3)
    01-14-08 03:36 PM
    Using a Dell?

If this is the first time and you got this error and you have been using this for quite sometime, try rebooting your computer. Leave your device connected and see it if will automatically power up your USB and charge or connect.
    I have a Dell e1705 and 8320 curve, I'm getting the usb charging issue message. The big issue is that I need to sync my address book and can't get the two to communicate. PLEASE HELP!
    02-07-08 07:55 PM
    This was asked already sometime last year but I can't remember the responses.
    A search would help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 07:58 PM
    I got the same error message right after I took it out of the box, installed the software and plugged in my BB. I charged it on the travel charger for an hour then plugged it into the PC and it was fine. I thought it was strange but just dismissed it as I was too excited to worry about it.
    02-07-08 08:30 PM
    I'm having the same problem and my phone didn't come with a disc because I purchased it from eBay. All I have to do is download the Desktop Manager?
    11-25-08 11:51 PM
    Should be.
    11-26-08 07:39 AM
    I have the updated DM but ever since I installed the 5.0 OS I've been getting this same error message. It worked fine before installing the 5.0 OS. Now its been nothing but problems
    09-30-09 04:53 PM
    I have the updated DM but ever since I installed the 5.0 OS I've been getting this same error message. It worked fine before installing the 5.0 OS. Now its been nothing but problems
    strangely enough, I have to say I feel the same way. Perhaps I shall downgrade to 4.7DM...
    09-30-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD