I have had my bold for about 3-4 months now And i love it. Of cource I am having some issues. I have 3 That bother me the most everything else i can live with. so here we go.

1. The video cam on this phone is extremely and painfully bad in normal to low light conditions. Yes i said normal light. In order for the phone to record a descent video there has to be an extreme amount of light around you. If not you cant even see the video at all. What upsets me the most is that the curve that i had before the bold recorded videos just fine even in low light ,That's why when i brought the bold I thought It would take really good videos To top it off the light that's included with the bold is basically useless. Instead of being a nice bright white light like the curve and the the pearl rim decided to put a dull yellowish light on it instead. It only helps if your about 2 inches from what your recording. Upsetting.

2 the camera itself falls into the same category as the cam in low light where it would not be a problem for the pearl or the curve it seems to be a huge problem for the bold.

3 Last but not least the reason I'm writing this is the video playback. Now i have had this phone for 3-4 months now and im on my 4th upgraded operating system from .167 now to .228 and on every operating system I have had the same problem. I cannot play a video for more then 4 minutes after 4 minutes the video stops and gives me the error message "An error has occurred attempting to play media. This happens to every single video that i play that gets up to 4 minutes weather i downloaded it or if i recorded it on the phone itself. no matter what i try videos do not play past 4 minutes like i said before i have tried 4 different OS upgrades and i get the same error at the same time with different videos also note that every video that i get an error on i have never received on my curve. I'm just lost because I thought that your supposed to go forward with technology not backwards And I have always been a big fan with blackberry but after owning the storm for 2 weeks with nothing but issues then getting the bold that cant play a video past 4 minutes with every operating system that i have tried low quality video and picture and even worse lighting I'm finding it harder to keep my faith in the company. If anyone has a fix to any of the problems I have mentioned please feel free to let me know because i would love for my phone to work the way it is supposed to and for what i paid for. Thank you
    01-28-09 11:16 AM
    There is nothing you can do about the camera on the bold. The camera on the 8900 is better, but you lose 3g. If 3g isn't important to you, you could try that.
    01-28-09 11:23 AM
    well i guess i got a bad blackberry
    02-04-09 01:58 PM
    I'm hoping that future OS updates will help the Bold's camera quality. The camera itself really isn't that bad it's just the software controlling it that needs to be tweaked.

As far as filming video you might try turning the flash setting to "on" while filming. That'll give you a bit more light to work with.

I'm not sure what the deal is with your video playback. You might try posting your error on RIM's tech support forums.
    02-04-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD