I currently own iPhone 3g 8GB. and since i ordered 8900 from Tmobile, i need to sell either one.

i like the web-browser and applications on iPhone, especially 3d games to kill times. But besides that touchscreen can be annoying, when driving.

I haven't got 8900 yet, but formal addict of blackberry pearl, it delivered good messaging and cracked out brickbreaker.

im in the dilemma of which phone to get rid of.

anyways, can you guys convince why 8900 is better than iphone 3g?
    01-28-09 01:37 AM
    no phone will ever have a better "web-browser" then the iPhone.

so you might as well turn your plan into a family plan and carry 2 phones.

ORRRR. Sell your 8900
    01-28-09 01:47 AM
    I think the Android browser will eventually trump the one in the iPhone.
    01-28-09 01:57 AM
    I currently own iPhone 3g 8GB. and since i ordered 8900 from Tmobile, i need to sell either one.

i like the web-browser and applications on iPhone, especially 3d games to kill times. But besides that touchscreen can be annoying, when driving.

I haven't got 8900 yet, but formal addict of blackberry pearl, it delivered good messaging and cracked out brickbreaker.

im in the dilemma of which phone to get rid of.

anyways, can you guys convince why 8900 is better than iphone 3g?

iphone has no copy/paste and no MMS to name a couple. Email is a much better set up than iphone.
    01-28-09 01:58 AM
    there is copy and paste. not native but there is a few programs and swirly mms works just fine also Email on the iPhone is very user friendly.

Don't know what your talking about.
    01-28-09 02:04 AM
    There are some IPhone converts in the "who is getting the 8900 as their first BB" thread. PM them and ask some people who have used both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 02:09 AM
    there is copy and paste. not native but there is a few programs and swirly mms works just fine also Email on the iPhone is very user friendly.

Don't know what your talking about.

What programs for copy/paste? My wife has one and she would like to know. And what is swirly MMS? She always has to login to some stupid site to view MMS. She gets very irritated having to do that.
    01-28-09 02:11 AM
    your iPhone has to be Jailbreaked and there is clippy beta and the newer one hClipboard which is better IMO.

And google swirly mms
    01-28-09 02:27 AM
    iphone has no copy/paste and no MMS to name a couple. Email is a much better set up than iphone.
    This is not true, since last month iphone has a copy/paste with a cydia app
    01-28-09 03:17 AM
    So what exactly matters to you in a phone? I have an iPhone and a Curve. I go back and forth between them all the time. The ONLY thing that draws me back to the iPhone is the cool games and big screen. Other than that the BB wins out for me.

01-28-09 03:28 AM
    ...keep the 8900
    iphone is good if your taking public transport or using a driver
    got to admit iphone is good.
    in any case if you could ...keep both ^^
    i
    01-28-09 03:52 AM
    Other than the copy & paste/MMS issue, a massive factor for me was the iPhone's inability to do more than one thing at a time. On the BB, for example, you can have MSN/Yahoo messenger etc running whilst you're doing other things on your phone and still get all of your messages. That's a massive bonus for me. The 8900 feels like a work horse to me, a proper little computer that behaves like you expect it to. The iPhone on the other hand is what it is, a glorified iPod with added phone functions, no multi-tasking and also lacking proper bluetooth. Granted it has a lovely browser but I personally got sick of that lovely browser shutting down when it couldn't cope with a page or script.

For me, unless you're of an age where you want something flashy with little functionality, get an iPhone. If you're serious about what you want to do and would like to be able to do more than one thing at a time, grab an 8900.
    01-28-09 05:00 AM
    IMO the best combination is BB 8900 and iPod Touch - BB for phone and email, Touch for Internet (over Wi-Fi), games, music and videos.
    01-28-09 07:21 AM
    Way better form factor. The 8900 is smaller and lighter.
    01-28-09 07:27 AM
    Once you get the 8900 you will fall in love with it....especially if you liked the pearl!!!!
    01-28-09 07:28 AM
    Touchscreen or keypad.. I personally had enough wiht touch screen..

01-28-09 07:33 AM
    IMO the best combination is BB 8900 and iPod Touch - BB for phone and email, Touch for Internet (over Wi-Fi), games, music and videos.
    I'll second that. I purchased an iPod Touch a year and a half ago, and it's great for surfing, convenience (syncing with a Mac is a no-brainer) and iTunes Remote.

My contract was coming up, and I had the opportunity to jump ship to the iPhone, or stay with my provider and get a Curve. I chose the Curve. The keyboard was a big selling point, the business class apps helped tons too (I find mail and calendar worlds better on the BB.) It doesn't hold a candle to the Touch (or iPhone) as far as multimedia goes though.
    01-28-09 07:39 AM
    How about the fact that anything you want to do that the 8900 can do you have to buy a third party app or "jailbreak" the phone. Shouldn't you be able to do the things you want to do without modding your phone? As mentioned before no multitasking, no memory expansion (with the bb you can have multiple cards that you can hot swap) no stereo bluetooth headset without buying a third party app (Iphone doesn't support A2DP unless they changed something that i am unaware of)

In my opinion the Iphone is a toy and not really a comparison to a true smartphone.
    01-28-09 07:42 AM
    How about the fact that anything you want to do that the 8900 can do you have to buy a third party app or "jailbreak" the phone. Shouldn't you be able to do the things you want to do without modding your phone? As mentioned before no multitasking, no memory expansion (with the bb you can have multiple cards that you can hot swap) no stereo bluetooth headset without buying a third party app (Iphone doesn't support A2DP unless they changed something that i am unaware of)

In my opinion the Iphone is a toy and not really a comparison to a true smartphone.
    Agree with you, how people can justify the iphone as a true smartphone is truly beyond me.

My opinion of the iphone is that its a media's ***** wet dream come true.
    01-28-09 08:09 AM

+1 The only thing that the iPhone has going for it IMO are the apps. The touchscreen is too inconvinient for most including myself. And like the post above states, everything the Curve can do you have to modify the iphone or go buy an app that allows you to do it. Thats crappy imo. Why not get a phone that does it all str8 out the box? I have a Curve 8900 now and im waiting on the ipod touch 64gb to come out. Thats gonna be my combo. When it comes to a real smartphone, my money is on the Curve
    01-28-09 08:12 AM
    This whole thread makes no sense. OP, why would you go ahead and purchase an 8900 and THEN ask whether it is better than the iPhone? Wouldn't it have made more sense to start this thread BEFORE you shelled out the $$$ for the 8900?

Bottom line is it comes down to a matter of personal preference. If you like the touchscreen and browser and are happy with performance, and enjoy using the whoopie cushion app, iPhone. If not, 8900.
    01-28-09 08:18 AM
    Don't forget that you can not change the battery in the iPhone so if that thing goes bad you will be in bad shape. With the 8900 you can just purchase a new battery and slide it in.
    01-28-09 09:38 AM
    your iPhone has to be Jailbreaked and there is clippy beta and the newer one hClipboard which is better IMO.

And google swirly mms
    So you have to jailbreak it to get it? My point exactly why the 8900 is better. You dont have to do any of that or googling a swirly MMS to get this to work. Apple just needs get the that stock on the phone. Maybe the 3rd generation will be improved.
    Last edited by Garz; 01-28-09 at 10:39 AM.
    01-28-09 10:37 AM
    UMA
    3.2mp Camera w/ flash
    Video recording
    Better screen resolution
    Tethering (unsure as to whether the iphone can do this too)
    Access to battery
    MicroSD expansion (hot swappable)
    01-28-09 12:16 PM
    it's really funny how the first thing people have to say about the iPhone is there is no copy and paste.I've owned A iPhone for a year and a half and out of that time I've honestly have thought about having copy and paste 5 times if that.

I'm sure 98% of people don't even have use for it so it's really not a issue.
    01-28-09 12:16 PM
197 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD